Sponsored

I FREAKING love this car, Ford really hit the ball out of the park!

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
Especially coming from my old 06 GT Premium which I thought i was going to keep forever.

If I could describe this car in 1 word - it would be SMOOTH

1. The electronic powersteering feels so nice and smooth!

2. The stock exhaust sounds PERFECT IMO

3. Despite being a performance vehicle, the ride quality is EXTREMELY NICE and smooth

4. The power band feels extremely smooth and even and i LOVE IT

Everything about the car just feels so HIGH QUALITY and WELL DESIGNED

IT IS PURE BLISS TO DRIVE I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY COULD MAKE IT BETTER?! I truly feel that anyone buying a german car in 2022 is a sucker. I drove a new lincoln aviator the other day during a work trip and it was really really nice!

5. Also I love how i can adjust the AC temperature with the simple up and down toggle switch. As a guy who is really into aviation I LOVE the aviator style setup (like how it says "ground speed" and etc) the car has and if the next gen mustangs don't have it, this will be my favorite mustang of all time!

And don't even get me started on how SEXY IT LOOKS
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Welcome to the modern world of mustangs! It is very cool that we have a good balance between comforts and performance. If you have not yet tried the new GT350 (made thru 2020) or the GT500 (production ending in 2022) I highly recommend a test drive.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Zent, I completely agree with all your points!

Just wondering, whatā€™s your point of comparison with other performance cars and how do you rate the power and acceleration?

Is your car an automatic or manual?

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have never been a Mustang fan. But, it was the best all-around vehicle for comfort, convenience and power for the money. The clincher for me was it was the only convertible with an actually useful rear seat. It's still a Ford, so it has some warts, but nothing awful.

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I agree with the OP! Although my Mustang has active exhaust and Magneride to sweeten the deal it is a joy to drive: the steering feels good with nice feedback; the engine powerband is amazing; even the fuel economy is remarkable for that kind of power on tap. For all the online griping about the MT-82 I have not had any issues to complain about.

The Mustang did a track day at Daytona then with the flip of a switch went home smooth and quietly, getting 25 mpg instead of the 10.5 on the track. If we told someone back in the '60s (or '80s) about a car like that they would just walk away laughing. Now the only ones laughing are the bank loan officer, the dealer, the insurance agent, ... ;)

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Zent,

Have owned my 2018 for 4 years and I still love it (although it has been modifed somewhat).

I think the 2018 - 2022 (maybe the 2023+, we'll see) Mustang GT's are going to be in demand for years to come with enthusiates.

I could be wrong.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I LOVE my Mustang as well. The last Mustang I drove was a 90 LX Fox Body and this one is light years ahead. The old 5.0 was nice for its time but the new Coyote is amazing. I got the active exhaust and I do agree it does sound really good to be stock but I wanted a little more so a Borla S type cat back for me :) All in all I really enjoy taking her out when I can get time off work to do so. Mine sits in the garage most of the time :(

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Iā€™m a foxbody guy had a new 91 lx coupe and several SSP mustangā€™s. I didnā€™t own a new mustang another new one until 2017 Roush rs3 and now a 20 PP2 which I really like. Yes the 550 was the best model to me after the foxbodyā€™s.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I have never been a Mustang fan. But, it was the best all-around vehicle for comfort, convenience and power for the money. The clincher for me was it was the only convertible with an actually useful rear seat. It's still a Ford, so it has some warts, but nothing awful.
I'm in the same camp. Came from an E36 M3 that I loved for 20 years, and like my S550 Bullitt more and more. First Ford, and I was the 'anti' Mustang guy. When I told my dad what I bought he though I was pulling his leg.

Sure I would have loved a Supra or M2 Comp or M4, but the Bullitt checked every block on my list, PLUS the entry price and long term cost of ownership/maintenace made it an unquestionable winner. I joke all the time that the only thing I don't like is that it is a Ford, but that is a waning complaint. The $20-40K that stayed in my pocket is also a wonderful thing.... I was $45K before tax & tags ($52k MSRP). Bought in July 2020 when COVID was killing sales, so I got a great discount.

I'm super impressed with the car, like it more and more every day, and after 2 years and 17K flawless miles without an issue, I am very happy. The car is not as composed on rough transitions as some of my Euro cars, but is a sublime grand touring car. Ford got it right, and it seems my car was built on the good days.

I like it so much, I am eyeing a Bronco Raptor.............

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
at first i thought 40K was too much for a mustang. then i drove a 2018+ then a bullitt and i walked away with the same feelings. is a tremendous value at every level.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I'm in the same camp. Came from an E36 M3 that I loved for 20 years, and like my S550 Bullitt more and more. First Ford, and I was the 'anti' Mustang guy. When I told my dad what I bought he though I was pulling his leg.

Sure I would have loved a Supra or M2 Comp or M4, but the Bullitt checked every block on my list, PLUS the entry price and long term cost of ownership/maintenace made it an unquestionable winner. I joke all the time that the only thing I don't like is that it is a Ford, but that is a waning complaint. The $20-40K that stayed in my pocket is also a wonderful thing.... I was $45K before tax & tags ($52k MSRP). Bought in July 2020 when COVID was killing sales, so I got a great discount.

I'm super impressed with the car, like it more and more every day, and after 2 years and 17K flawless miles without an issue, I am very happy. The car is not as composed on rough transitions as some of my Euro cars, but is a sublime grand touring car. Ford got it right, and it seems my car was built on the good days.

I like it so much, I am eyeing a Bronco Raptor.............
My most recent previous cars were a Mercedes SL550, BMW 335i and Porsche 997.2. (I had a ZL1 for a few weeks, so I don't count that) All of these were exceptional drivers cars, easier to love than a Mustang. But, they all had significant maintenance costs and required a great deal more attention than I wanted to give them. In addition, major repairs on any of these brands is very expensive. Dealers and service were especially bothersome, as they were not close, were extremely busy and not exactly confidence inspiring. My Mustang requires little attention and a good dealer is 5 minutes away. There's something to be said for convenience and peace of mind.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Especially coming from my old 06 GT Premium which I thought i was going to keep forever.

If I could describe this car in 1 word - it would be SMOOTH

1. The electronic powersteering feels so nice and smooth!

2. The stock exhaust sounds PERFECT IMO

3. Despite being a performance vehicle, the ride quality is EXTREMELY NICE and smooth

4. The power band feels extremely smooth and even and i LOVE IT

Everything about the car just feels so HIGH QUALITY and WELL DESIGNED

IT IS PURE BLISS TO DRIVE I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY COULD MAKE IT BETTER?! I truly feel that anyone buying a german car in 2022 is a sucker. I drove a new lincoln aviator the other day during a work trip and it was really really nice!

5. Also I love how i can adjust the AC temperature with the simple up and down toggle switch. As a guy who is really into aviation I LOVE the aviator style setup (like how it says "ground speed" and etc) the car has and if the next gen mustangs don't have it, this will be my favorite mustang of all time!

And don't even get me started on how SEXY IT LOOKS
Congrats on the 22 GT. I'm coming from an 06 Vista Blue GT Premium fastback too. I bought it new in 06 and had 110,00 on it. If the auto trans didn't die in 2020, I'd probably still have it. I was putting up/ fixing all the little things like rips in front seats, door panel glue failing, corrosion of front hood etc. Trans was last straw. Ordered my 21 GT/CS in June 21 and have not been disappointed. Still love the S197 look.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Congrats! They're great cars.

Still one of the least expensive new cars to make FAST if you are so inclined..
Sponsored