Sponsored

I drove a 911 992 S yesterday and I genuinely think my 22 mustang gt is better!

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
I also own a cayman. The only thing I miss about the mustang I traded in on the GT4 is the 700 hp or whatever it had. The cayman is a blast to drive and the fit and finish is so much better.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
It was, early 80's. It was the turbo S euro model. Owner took delivery in Germany and had it shipped to the US.
I owned an old air cooled Porsche 911. They only appealed to a few real enthusiasts. I got mine cheap or I wouldn't have bought it. It's negatives far exceeded it's good points. Couldn't wait to afford something better. But, since 2009 they are an entirely different breed.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I owned an old air cooled Porsche 911. They only appealed to a few real enthusiasts. I got mine cheap or I wouldn't have bought it. It's negatives far exceeded it's good points. Couldn't wait to afford something better. But, since 2009 they are an entirely different breed.
I'd own a 2019 991.2 GTS cabriolet if I found one I could afford, which is unlikely.

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
I really hope the OP meant a Carrera 4s. Unless his Mustang is FI and has seriously good traction on the street, it is not anywhere in the realm of a Turbo S. Its a neck snapping AWD launch and runs 10.3 easy.

if i could have one $300k car it would be a Turbo S with an intake, upgraded intercoolers, high flow cats, an M Engineering Pro Tune and a PDK tune. Thats a car that will run low/mid 9s and out brake and out handle about everything within reason.

It is probably borderline impossible to mod an S550 to do all the things as well as a stage 2 Turbo S will do them and still be able to drive in the rain if you want and go run a couple errands if you want.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I traded in on the GT4
If I had a GT4, I think my preferences may change and I may be saying Ford-Schmord.
The GT4 is probably well beyond the GT350 in my un-experienced opinion.
I would love some seat time in a GT4.

Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
If I had a GT4, I think my preferences may change and I may be saying Ford-Schmord.
The GT4 is probably well beyond the GT350 in my un-experienced opinion.
I would love some seat time in a GT4.
If you mean a Cayman GT4 go to supercars and choose Porsche. What an excellent experience to try out any car you dream about and genuinely plan to purchase at some point. If it's a 911 i guess you'll have to settle for the GT3RS lol See link below
https://m.dreamracing.com/

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Some interesting experiences here. I have driven a GT3RS on track (Iā€™m nowhere good enough to get remotely close to pushing a car like that but it was still a cool experience). It was cool to be driving one and I agree with others, fit and finish, attention to detail, steering feedback, handling, all on just another level.

BUT, I think theyā€™re all ugly as sin and would never own one for that reason. Theyā€™ve never appealed to me visually and ive been ridiculed multiple times for saying that.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
BUT, I think theyā€™re all ugly as sin and would never own one for that reason
I respect all opinions on all vehicles, but you find all Porschā€™s as ā€œugly as sinā€?

Just curious & no disrespect.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I respect all opinions on all vehicles, but you find all Porschā€™s as ā€œugly as sinā€?

I like the mid 80s thing with the gigantic wing. The new sport cabriole looks horrible. Any of the models in the last 15 years don't look right without some kind of ducktail.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

No offense taken, I get the same reaction from most I say that to. Yeah, I just find them ugly. The big, bug eye looking headlights, the overall shape. They look kinda squished. Just doesnā€™t do it for me. Thereā€™s no denying the performance and the way theyā€™re put together. Itā€™s top notch. I just find them ugly. Thereā€™s a 718 down the street from me, a Cayenne GTS across the street from me and a 911 Turbo S around the corner, so I see them frequently. They just havenā€™t grown on me. Thatā€™s the best way I can explain it, they just donā€™t do it for me visually, to the point I wonā€™t even consider owning one.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
No offense taken, I get the same reaction from most I say that to. Yeah, I just find them ugly. The big, bug eye looking headlights, the overall shape. They look kinda squished. Just doesnā€™t do it for me. Thereā€™s no denying the performance and the way theyā€™re put together. Itā€™s top notch. I just find them ugly. Thereā€™s a 718 down the street from me, a Cayenne GTS across the street from me and a 911 Turbo S around the corner, so I see them frequently. They just havenā€™t grown on me. Thatā€™s the best way I can explain it, they just donā€™t do it for me visually, to the point I wonā€™t even consider owning one.
The Porsche body shape serves a purpose. Forward visibility is far superior to most cars.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The Porsche body shape serves a purpose. Forward visibility is far superior to most cars.
For sure. I get the functionality of it. I just donā€™t think itā€™s nice to look at šŸ˜Ž. But from a performance standpoint itā€™s tough to beat

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I like them just fine-would i pay the $$$ they are asking for them? Nah. Irrelevant because I can't afford them anyways.. have you seen the options list on these things? Some of the options cost as much as my car.

The gearing sucks (at least on the manual trannies), the interiors are rattly (look pretty nice though especially compared to a mustang) and they've gotten too big and fat. Kinda reminds me of.. ah never mind.