Sponsored

I drove a 911 992 S yesterday and I genuinely think my 22 mustang gt is better!

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
The Porsche looks nice and has the cachet, but as soon as I started the engine I was like wtf, the exhaust had ZERO rumble.

it felt a bit more nimble, but the s550 with IRS is no slouch at handling either.

didn’t feel like it was any faster than my mustang.

I always thought Porsche 911 would be my dream car some day, but now I’ve changed my mind.

honestly at this point I’d rather have a c8 at half the price. I drove a c8 last year and it definitely felt how I expected it to. The Porsche was a disappointment.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The first time I drove a 911 it reminded me of an aircooled VW bug. Engine had the same sound and the interior was almost identical.

Hard pass for me.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The Porsche looks nice and has the cachet, but as soon as I started the engine I was like wtf, the exhaust had ZERO rumble.

it felt a bit more nimble, but the s550 with IRS is no slouch at handling either.

didn’t feel like it was any faster than my mustang.

I always thought Porsche 911 would be my dream car some day, but now I’ve changed my mind.

honestly at this point I’d rather have a c8 at half the price. I drove a c8 last year and it definitely felt how I expected it to. The Porsche was a disappointment.
I can’t thank you enough for saving me the trouble and $. I was wondering the exact same thing. C8 not a consideration for me, just not fond of the looks. But, enjoy.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm sort of amazed.

A current 911 Turbo S remains my dream car.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
The first time I drove a 911 it reminded me of an aircooled VW bug. Engine had the same sound and the interior was almost identical.

Hard pass for me.
Test drove 996gen 7 or so years ago, had exactly the same impression. Maybe that specific car was due for retirement, but it was a complete POS.

GT4 remains the only one I would consider buying from that brand.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
But of course, it is a VW with a different body, NO surprise.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I think theres a lot more that goes into this conversation. I also think theres a bit more to examine on the spreadsheet of "what are you paying for? and what are you willing to pay for?"

-Interior quality/customization
-heritage
-fit and finish of all materials inside/out
-race car research, design and tech
-car design that doesn't start at a cloth seat rental car
-getting the latest and greatest tech NOW not ten years from now when it trickles down
-luxury tax

If none of this means anything to you and just the numbers of how fast you go and how well you turn then sure but a 911 has been doing it at this level for probably 20 years. if you had a 2002 mustang/911 comparison would it be the same?

I love mustangs and my mach1 but I want a 911 BADDDDDD!

a rolex and timex both tell time just as effectively and look as good in certain cases. Its all about perspective and what you want to do with your money.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I think theres a lot more that goes into this conversation. I also think theres a bit more to examine on the spreadsheet of "what are you paying for? and what are you willing to pay for?"

-Interior quality/customization
-heritage
-fit and finish of all materials inside/out
-race car research, design and tech
-car design that doesn't start at a cloth seat rental car
-getting the latest and greatest tech NOW not ten years from now when it trickles down
-luxury tax

If none of this means anything to you and just the numbers of how fast you go and how well you turn then sure but a 911 has been doing it at this level for probably 20 years. if you had a 2002 mustang/911 comparison would it be the same?

I love mustangs and my mach1 but I want a 911 BADDDDDD!

a rolex and timex both tell time just as effectively and look as good in certain cases. Its all about perspective and what you want to do with your money.
This.

The few P-cars I've been in were light years ahead of Mustang fit/finish/quality. As in, not in the same universe.

I'll say it again: my dream car remains a 911 Turbo S. Not any other exotic. Completely usable and blistering performance.

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
Friend of mine and myself before he purchased his car in 2020, we test drove a used 991 Turbo, new BMW M4, new Shelby GT500, new Trackhawk. He wound up purchasing a 2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody. Why? The 911 was so good it actually was boring to drive. The Redeye was just raw, hard to handle and you have to muscle it yourself where as the 911 did everything so well on its own. Plus he's a big dude and couldn't fit in a 911 or M4.

Sponsored

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
Did you drive a 6 speed manual version ? The driving position, pedals and steering wheel placement, and lightweight front end of these modern 911 cars are unmatched by anything out there, except for Ferrari/mclaren, etc. also, just an aftermarket exhaust and a tune wakes these cars up a great deal.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
So a 992 S is still a faster luxury car. 🤔
If you are looking for something that will resemble the mustang loudness, roughness and performance, sorry but you need to pony up to the GT3. That will be more what you are looking for if you want a Porsche style "Mustang".

I don't think the new S models are a good comparison to a mustang.
We have a 95 911, its a luxury car first that is also fun to toss around. We also have a 16 Boxster Spyder, that is a convertible race car that is more on par with how the mustang acts with a stiff ride and loudness. I would never consider the Box Spyder to be a luxury car since it is rough AF to drive.