Sponsored

i can’t be the only one who runs regular in a GT right?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Good thing I don’t drink Starbucks, right? How about rather than judge how other people spend their money and save for their retirement, you worry about yourself? Thread was made as a joke, and clearly some people are way too invested and take too much offense to how other people live their lives. Kind of pathetic, honestly. Mods should just lock this thread already. 🙄

I didn't take any offense, you're the one getting all butt hurt. Sorry I posted it
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sorry man, thats laughable. Bringing up a Roth IRA and paying $3.20 per tankful more in the same breath is asinine. Once you get past the fact that a new Mustang has to be one of the worse investment decisions you can ever make.
See there is your mistake. I don't know a soul who chooses what they drive as an investment. By your logic, if someone buys anything that isn't an investment, investing is silly. What's laughable is for anyone to tell someone else what value they must place on a few HP.

Will be interesting to see if either side thinks I'm on there's.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
See there is your mistake. I don't know a soul who chooses what they drive as an investment. By your logic, if someone buys anything that isn't an investment, investing is silly. What's laughable is for anyone to tell someone else what value they must place on a few HP.

Will be interesting to see if either side thinks I'm on there's.
Forget about it guys, Im done with this. To each his own...I meant no offense to Velocity Blue.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
So nobody uses E15/Unl 88????
I'm really curious about how it might affect the engine...

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm really curious about how it might affect the engine...
Your long term fuel trims will add a bit more fuel. So you might lose a mpg or so. It is designed to run E15 so no worries.

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Remember the good old days!! 260 at $0.39.9 😊

1638284481605.jpeg
I guess I'm old enough to remember that, and, you can still get it, but it's in 5 gallon pails.

1639281712409.png

I believe the price went up just a touch, like, 30x.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I always get gas when tank is half empty, costs only half the price. 🤪

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Except the real 260 was leaded..

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I can't remember if I already posted in this thread (sorry if I'm repeating), but I often fill with regular. If it's below 70 degrees or so I can never tell the difference what octane is in the tank. Also at 70 or cooler a lot of the time I can't really push the car hard due to lack of tire grip. Same thing with a long highway trip.

I'm not really that worried about the money. It's more that I feel I'm wasting money putting premium in when I know it won't matter. On track or in the heat of summer, yes premium always.

SnakeMaster16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giovanni
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
To me these cars are not just cars, they are almost living, breathing, emotional and charismatic machines. The horse logo really is a good fit. I love animals, so much so that I dedicated my life to them and currently work as a zoo keeper at a top accredited zoological institution in the country. At my zoo, we are lucky to have a PhD animal nutritionist that formulates the diets of thousands of individual animals based on many factors and research. Just like the animals I care for, I want nothing but the best for my mustang. Can she take lower octane gas? Sure, and our carnivores can eat chicken and red meat from fast food restaurants, but it certainly wouldn't help them have healthy and long lives. Don't give your amazing, beautiful, performance bred, and not around for much longer mustang something that won't help it be at 100% all the time. Give it the best quality always. Just my 2 cents. No disrespect to anyone.

Sponsored

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
To me these cars are not just cars, they are almost living, breathing, emotional and charismatic machines. The horse logo really is a good fit. I love animals, so much so that I dedicated my life to them and currently work as a zoo keeper at a top accredited zoological institution in the country. At my zoo, we are lucky to have a PhD animal nutritionist that formulates the diets of thousands of individual animals based on many factors and research. Just like the animals I care for, I want nothing but the best for my mustang. Can she take lower octane gas? Sure, and our carnivores can eat chicken and red meat from fast food restaurants, but it certainly wouldn't help them have healthy and long lives. Don't give your amazing, beautiful, performance bred, and not around for much longer mustang something that won't help it be at 100% all the time. Give it the best quality always. Just my 2 cents. No disrespect to anyone.
side-eye-chloe.jpg

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've only run super but that is a personal choice. No judging on my part. I have to run super now because of the tune, but no biggie.

The gas attendant might have asked twice, erroneously thinking that it could require premium.

Age test... who remembers telling the gas station attendant "fill 'er up with Ethyl"?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Tell me then, wise old man, how did Ford get that car out the door with an octane-flexible cal that doesn’t make it past durability testing? Do you think the engineers just toss some random numbers in a table and hope it holds together on a car that will undoubtedly be beat on within an inch of its life? Do you think product development is just pixies and fairy dust? Ooof.
not sure what you're asking. I'm only running 93 in my mustang. Ford Manual says 87 is fine.....that would be the minimum Ford recommends in this engine. I like running the higher octane.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
So, I have an update. As I said in earlier post, I got knocks when starting forward from stop when I first bought the GT. I have been using 93 premium since, September 2019. The GT now has 24,000 miles. While making a 1,600 mile road trip, I couldn't stomach paying 70 cents premium over the regular gas, so tried using regular.

So far, my GT is running great with regular. No knocks at all. I feel the GT took a slight performance hit, but not enough to pay 70 cents premium. I am thinking 87 regular gas is okay now since the GT has 24,000 miles, with engine well broken into. Of course, I will purchase 93 premium when Sam's or Costco are near/lines are not long.
Sponsored

Last edited: