Sponsored

I am not going to get the Ford Protect (ESP). Am I crazy?

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Warranty will be up very soon due to miles. No issues really. DD the car. Only replaced a clutch starter sensor, a AC compressor and fluids under warranty. Love the going to keep it.
Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I would buy it 100%. I believe you can cancel it at anytime if you sell the car etc, and get a prorated refund. If it is a 16-18, it is a no brainer….good luck.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
I get what you are saying, I don't DD mine and the mechanicals were not a real concern since I bought it new and maintained it myself. My fear is with all of the electronics that this car has, not that there are any real inherent problems in this area but you can be at their mercy.
Just my 2 cents...

GT-DM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 & other heaps
I don't think your crazy. I believe daily driven cars are more battle tested, & a better indicator for speculation of the future repair needs. That's just our opinion, & has no merit.

Did your list of items already replaced, include both a clutch,
& a starter?
Or did we read that incorrectly?

I think the better reason to buy 1 is if you plan to sell it a few yrs later, & feel the transferable warranty might give the next owner some comfort in there performance car purchase. Even that is a bit of a weak argument for a warranty I suppose. Not knowing who the future owner will be makes that idea more unpredictable.

OP
OP
-RAC-

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
It's a 2020 bought new. Only drive in the summer time and have just over 35k. DD 85 miles. The clutch pedal sensor was replaced, not the clutch or starter. Does not appear to consume oil. But it does consume tires and gasoline😁. I plan to keep this car. It still puts a smile on my face after two and a half years.

I was finally pulled over for the first time in the car. 14 miles over... Received a warning 😎

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm in the same boat on my 20R. in Florida, the warranty is ultra expensive. Powertain warranty is still good to 5 years, so 2 more years for me.

Is there a difference on something like an engine failure when you compare the original powertrain warranty to the ESP?

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
I bought drive train and wraparound when car was new, summer of 2019, 8/yrs-96k miles, $0 deductible for $1700. I figure it will make it easier to sell the car when the time comes, if nothing else.
ETA: Correction,
Ford Extended Serivce Plan
ESP Contract:PremiumCARE
$0 Deductible
8 years
100000 miles
Price:1875.00

Gardiner Reynolds
Flood Ford
(888)318-8534

Last edited:
OP
OP
-RAC-

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
The cost for the warranty I was looking at with Ford depending on where to buy was between $5100 and $6600 for 8 years 100,000

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
It's a 2020 bought new. Only drive in the summer time and have just over 35k. DD 85 miles. The clutch pedal sensor was replaced, not the clutch or starter. Does not appear to consume oil. But it does consume tires and gasoline😁. I plan to keep this car. It still puts a smile on my face after two and a half years.

I was finally pulled over for the first time in the car. 14 miles over... Received a warning 😎
Lol. I got my first ticket in ten years in January. The Arizona highway patrol clocked me on radar going 95 in a 65. Could have been a criminal violation ticket, but the officer wrote me up for a civil violation ($220 in online traffic school) for going 90 in a 65 and told me that he did not blame me for doing what I did in a Shelby.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
The cost for the warranty I was looking at with Ford depending on where to buy was between $5100 and $6600 for 8 years 100,000
Where did you get that quote? Seems really high but I haven’t shopped in a while.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I have an extended warranty through MPP... It doesn't cover shit because I void warranty's. :) Car has a Roush P2 blower, headers, and tune. I blew up the motor at 22,000 miles and Geico paid for it because I had Mechanical Breakdown Coverage. They told me I should have NOT been sold the coverage. When I called and mentioned the Roush P2, the person should not have offered me the coverage. For $8/month :) Cost them $13,500.

When I bought my 2018 which was Lightning Blue I never had a ticket. Traded it 2 years later for a 2019 in the Need For Green color and everyone was like "Bright Green?!? Cop Magnet!!!".

They were not wrong but I have yet to receive a ticket. I've been pulled over 3 times and got a warning each time in 3 different states! One of them was on Christmas Day when I dropped the hammer from 70mph and took the car up to 120. I was trying to antagonize another 5.0 Mustange on the freeway and instead of racing me, he turned on his hidden lights and pulled me over. Nice guy, told me that he was about to pull over the truck in front of me but when the truck got out of my lane and I floored it, he had to pick me up instead. Didn't mention a thing about anything over 85mph being criminal..

Got pulled over outside of Arches National Park in Utah doing 93 in a 65 because I had just passed a bunch of cars. That guy was all smiles walking up to the car. Told me I was speeding and to just give him my drivers license and we would be out of there in a few minutes. He walked to his car and got in for about 30 seconds before exiting again. Walked up and said to slow down because I'm about to drive through a small town. Never asked for registration, insurance or anything.

3 days later I got pulled over doing 83 in a 75 in Colorado. That guy was such an asshole I was sure I was going to get a ticket. He told me that my license plate didn't show my car in my states system and that I needed to get it fixed. Don't know why his computer was stupid but not my problem. I was surprised I got a warning though.

I have NEVER had a warning in my life before I bought my "Cop Magnet". When I get pulled over, it's always a ticket.