2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Remind him also not to install front plate bracket.

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
When I was waiting for my car I worried as well seeing all the panel issues etc...but to my surprise I have waxed every inch of the car and have not found one single scuff,scratch,paint issue,or misalignment of any kind. Just perfect. I guess I consider myself lucky but I do work at the dealer and detail my own cars and get paid to PDI them as well.. so that is a bonus.

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
My Mustang will arrive soon
I am fearing the worst
1) dealer tag on the car
2) a dent/scratch
6)misaligned hood/trunk/door
7) 200 miles on the odometer

Maybe I will be blessed and none of the above will be there
Ok, so let's say that ALL of those things happen. If that is the *worst* thing that happens to you that day - then haven't you actually had a pretty good day?

Mustang != Life

3 of the 4 things in your list can be easily fixed, and the 4th is irrelevant within the first week.

Of the things in my life that I fear, the condition of my car doesn't even make the list.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Ok, so let's say that ALL of those things happen. If that is the *worst* thing that happens to you that day - then haven't you actually had a pretty good day? ... Of the things in my life that I fear, the condition of my car doesn't even make the list.
Obviously some things go without saying, no need to compare it to life and death. Is it overstated, maybe. But keep it in the context of someone really excited about getting what they've been waiting for. We've all wanted something and fretted about it.

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
I totally agree with the idea of composing an email to the dealer, including ALL of your concerns. Remember, you're paying them good money to deliver a quality product. It's on them if it comes up short.

But do yourself one more favor: Perform a close walk around inspection of your car RIGHT BEFORE you leave the dealership. My 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek looked PERFECT when I came to pick it up, but in the time it took me to sit down with the finance manager, they got a door ding on it while fueling it up.

Let your last minute walk around be the LAST thing you do BEFORE you drive it off the lot!

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I had zero issues with my car. Nothing you listed happened.
Ditto here. Not a thing to worry about. Some of the earliest cars seemed to have some very minor panel fit issues, but we haven't heard much about that since October.

My car was perfect. And I looked hard. It had 7 miles on it. No dents. Every option I had ordered on it, none I didn't order, correct color, interior, wheels and tires.

Don't worry about it!

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
LOL!! I find humorous because they were the premiere high performance dealer in the '60's-'70's and you can order Tasca Ford dealership emblems as they were back then through Mustang vendors. Honestly, I think I would like to actually have the Tasca Ford logo if I bought it from them.
Coming home from Myrtle Beach after the show one year I had a few newer model Mustangs pass me with these on them.

Here you go....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/161537859511?lpid=82&chn=ps

They still are, the have their Mod shop at the dealership. The usually have a new cobrajet in the show room and one of there top fuel funny cars.

OP
OP

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
There was no need to be frightened, the car is great. No dings, no obvious misalignments; no dealer tags and 8 miles on the odometer
The allweather mats were missing, so they will get them for me. And I cannot get the Homelink to work

Branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I am fearing the worst
1) dealer tag on the car
2) a dent/scratch

My car was a dealer trade that was driven to the dealer I purchased from and I had all of the same worries since someone else was driving it for 150+ miles.

Ended up with no dealer tag (only a license plate cover, which I ended up leaving on since they were great to work with), zero scratches, and perfectly aligned hood and body panels in and out.

The one thing that did come true, is that I picked up my car with literally 200 miles on the odometer. It would have been nice to put the first 5 miles on the car, but after driving off the lot I couldn't have cared less. She'll be mine for the next 100k. :headbang:

Branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
There was no need to be frightened, the car is great. No dings, no obvious misalignments; no dealer tags and 8 miles on the odometer
The allweather mats were missing, so they will get them for me. And I cannot get the Homelink to work
Congrats on the car! Most of that is good to hear! I had the same issue with the all weather mats. I think I am picking mine up this weekend.

My homelink worked really well on the first try. (Silly question incoming) Did you follow all the instructions?

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
I am fearing the worst
1) dealer tag on the car
2) a dent/scratch

Well, either way...make sure you do an inspection of the car before you accept the vehicle. Make sure you do this during day light hours...hard to see damage, especially at night on dark colored cars.
Sponsored