Sponsored

I am frightened

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
To be honest, a misaligned panel in this day and age is absolutely unacceptable to me. Where the hell is quality control? They should have identified these problems and had them fixed before the car leaves the factory. This isn't the '70's. The fact that this is even a problem for owners is baffling to me and I feel sorry for you guys.

If I dropped $40k on a new Mustang and it arrived with anything misaligned, I'm not sure if I would accept the car.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I got mine in cranston even tho seekonk is closer ( seekonk did my winter wheels)
I had one body panel misaligned. They gave me a rental from sat to monday ( they fixed it on monday morning) Carl Tasca made sure they fixed it perfectly. They didnt drill my plate holes on the front, I installed a stow and shop front bracket a few days later.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
They already know to call me the minute the truck shows up, and no front plate bracket. Still concerned they'll "forget".
Before Ruby arrived, I told my salesperson that I had ordered the Sto n Sho front license plate bracket and that I did not want the front bumper drilled and the standard front license plate bracket installed.

She assured me that they never install the standard bracket w/out first confirming that the buyer wants this done. I still reminded her several times - via e-mail -- and they did not drill my bumper.

I had no other issues with the car. As far as I can tell, she is perfect. ANd I got a really good deal/price from my dealership. My experience was so good, I allowed them to make some money off me by selling and installing the FR (Borla) touring cat backs. I just rolled that into the purchase of the car.

Weather is clearing up here. Think I'll go give Ruby a bath.

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
Did everyone with misaligned panels get really early cars or something? The dealer I ordered my car from had 10+ '15s on the lot and they all looked nearly perfect to me. There was one with a little bit of a problem with the hood, and when I pointed it out to the salesperson he drove the car over to the body shop right then and there and they fixed it, next time out I saw it and it looked perfect. I was told that was the first one they got.

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
they also didn't unwrap my owners manual because they said people like to keep it sealed.

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did everyone with misaligned panels get really early cars or something? The dealer I ordered my car from had 10+ '15s on the lot and they all looked nearly perfect to me. There was one with a little bit of a problem with the hood, and when I pointed it out to the salesperson he drove the car over to the body shop right then and there and they fixed it, next time out I saw it and it looked perfect. I was told that was the first one they got.
Nope, most are Retail orders (built after the initial Stock orders).

And yes, most alignment issues are so minor that they can be fixed very easily.

And check out this on an LE:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14819

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
I'm rather surprised to hear of so many cars arriving at dealerships with poor fitment. I thought machines, guided by lasers, align and affix the panels precisely. I'm sure there is still some human involvement, but QC staffers should take note of poor workmanship and do whatever is necessary to guarantee the best possible product. Perhaps they're not hand built, but $40K isn't exactly chump change!

I've heard these lapses in craftsmanship regarded as "holidays" because the assembly line workers are just back from holidays, or about to take a holiday break, or start the weekend and aren't concentrating on their job or simply don't care.

Do you have any idea when YOUR car was built?

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you mean me, it's in my signature. Middle of the week, well before the holidays, and well after tons of Stock orders were built.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
When I ordered my Mustang I made it clear that noway nohow would a dealer decal be acceptable. My salesman chuckled and said that his dealership had not stuck a decal on a Mustang for years: "Do you know how much wasted shop time there is removing a decal and cleaning the adhesive?!". He asked if it would be alright to put on a dealer-rear license plate frame.

Sponsored

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
If you mean me, it's in my signature. Middle of the week, well before the holidays, and well after tons of Stock orders were built.
No, I was speaking in general terms. And the OP hasn't listed any order dates and all that jazz. So I guess it was sort of directed at him. (Kudos on your build date in the workweek, btw.) ;)

When I was more involved in auto restoration, these "holidays" were sometimes regarded as endearing oversights that leant an air of quirkiness to the owner's car. There was probably a lot more human involvement back in the 60's and 70's than there is today. Yeah, there was automation back then, but we seem so much more reliant on it nowadays that I wonder if we've lost the "control" part of Quality Control.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Dealer stickers are pretty easy to get off; usually it can be peeled off with a fingernail with no residue if it has been recently applied. If not, use a hair dryer to soften it. If they put one on your car by accident, take it off yourself; I wouldn't trust them to do it without leaving scratches. It took about a minute to take mine off.

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
none of these concerns happened with my car. It was built at the end of September. The body aligns as expected, and nothing noticeably out of place. One scratch from the transportation, which the dealer took care of (minor, clearcoat scratch, paint was exceptional) 4 miles on the OD, and no sticker applied, as i had requested.

I forgot to ask that the front bumper not be drilled, but, i think the sales guy figured me out pretty quick and left it in the trunk. and left my bumper in tact.

I took the added step of making sure they knew that i would be a repeat customer in a few years when my wife is ready to get a new car. which, made them treat me like a king.

it was the best car buying experience of my life, not just because of the product that i ended up with, but, the way i was treated, the way they took the time to get to understand me as an enthusiast, and treated my car in kind.

We will go back, absolutely, no doubt in my mind.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
LOL!! I find humorous because they were the premiere high performance dealer in the '60's-'70's and you can order Tasca Ford dealership emblems as they were back then through Mustang vendors. Honestly, I think I would like to actually have the Tasca Ford logo if I bought it from them.
Coming home from Myrtle Beach after the show one year I had a few newer model Mustangs pass me with these on them.

Here you go....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/161537859511?lpid=82&chn=ps

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
Damn it, now I'm worried about the dealership sticking something on my baby.

Thanks OP! :p
Sponsored