Sponsored

HP suspension components, where to have installed

Dan2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
So I’m looking for an opinion rather than an answer, as I’m sure there will be many,
with spring time rolling around i’m eager to install the remaining components to convert my non-HP Mach 1 to a full HP Mach 1, they include the front and rear springs, the front camber plates and the rear stabilizer bar, I was wondering should I bring it directly to Ford dealership to have them installed or a local performance shop? What did you guys do?

Also would you think it would be fair to say that installing the handling package springs, stabilizer bar and front camber plates wouldn’t void any suspension warranty on my current non-handling package Mach 1,
??
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
is your local dealer any good? Otherwise find a 'mustang' shop if you have such.
there is no effect on your warranty

did you do all the other IRS/Diff fixes? Those are way more important and make a useful improvement.

OP
OP
Dan2023

Dan2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
is your local dealer any good? Otherwise find a 'mustang' shop if you have such.
there is no effect on your warranty

did you do all the other IRS/Diff fixes? Those are way more important and make a useful improvement.
Not as of yet, I have only completed what is on the handling package specification sheet,
I do have a local Mustang shop/guy here in town very reputable, old-school Mustang gearhead I will probably use them,
What is involved in the IRS/Diff fixes or differences,
Thanks

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
What is involved in the IRS/Diff fixes or differences
he's gonna drop the IRS to get the rear springs swapped so at the very MINIMUM have him do:
1) steeda/bmr alignment dowels
2) BMR CB005 or whiteline KDT943
3) Whiteline KDT934 if you can find one, or at least @GTP's diff bushing reducer or not-Steeda 'differential hardware upgrade kit'
4) Moog K100411 (qty=2)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
So I’m looking for an opinion rather than an answer, as I’m sure there will be many,
with spring time rolling around i’m eager to install the remaining components to convert my non-HP Mach 1 to a full HP Mach 1, they include the front and rear springs, the front camber plates and the rear stabilizer bar, I was wondering should I bring it directly to Ford dealership to have them installed or a local performance shop? What did you guys do?

Also would you think it would be fair to say that installing the handling package springs, stabilizer bar and front camber plates wouldn’t void any suspension warranty on my current non-handling package Mach 1,
??

You will find a lot of dealers, won't want to do the install. I know locally here in S. Cali I had a hard time to have my Ford Performance Track Kit installed. I ended up having a local shop install the whole kit even though they were mainly a BMW, Porsche shop and yet the install was still less expensive than the dealer.
Sponsored