OP
OP
JAE

JAE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thanks pinero. The posted screenshot doesn't seem to offer anything I was looking for. Also, I'm not looking to go FI right now....hence asking about bolt ons.
Sponsored

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
Thanks pinero. The posted screenshot doesn't seem to offer anything I was looking for. Also, I'm not looking to go FI right now....hence asking about bolt ons.
Ok, but why? I ask because after reading up on this forum and talking with many other mustang guys, I've realized that FI is the best way to go if you're gonna mod this car. I wish I knew a few months ago what I now know. I would have done my car a bit differently. So, what is your reasoning?

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Ok, but why? I ask because after reading up on this forum and talking with many other mustang guys, I've realized that FI is the best way to go if you're gonna mod this car. I wish I knew a few months ago what I now know. I would have done my car a bit differently. So, what is your reasoning?
Not necessarily. These are great motors when boosted, but they can hold their own in NA form, as well. I love boost, but I'm going for a full NA build on this one.

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
Not necessarily. These are great motors when boosted, but they can hold their own in NA form, as well. I love boost, but I'm going for a full NA build on this one.
I just cant justify the cost of the build.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Can't deny that boost is more cost effective, for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JAE

JAE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
If you must know. I have a wife headed to grad school soon; dropping $8,000-$10,000 on my toy right now is probably not a good idea. I also need to do a lot of research before going FI on my daily driver.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Imagine how much power you could make if you dump all the cash for a full NA build into a blower or TTs.
Too much power in a corner carver isn't a good thing. 5-600 rwhp will be plenty for what I do with the car.

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Ok, but why? So, what is your reasoning?
most people don’t have $5000-$8000
to drop into a car especially if they are still paying on it. Me personally I want to make the motor as efficient as I can on motor only and I don’t have that kind of cash laying around. I haven’t been beat yet on the street or the track but there is not a lot of cats wanting to play around here either. I know I’m not the fastest thing by any means, but most bolt on na cars cans handle their own in a fight.
So if I’m like most people and shoot for the magic 490-500ish whp on motor then add a blower centrifugal or roots. it will be a lot easier to make 700-750whp on pump gas. Or you could do as your saying and supercharge it and make in the low to mid 600s.

To each their own. This is just my opinion on “why”

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Hey guys,

I did a little searching and I did not come up with much information. What kind of power gain can be had with bolts on and tunes on this vehicle?
EDIT: Didn't realize you have a 16. The post below is based on our 2018.

Here's our build from beginning to end. It should give you a really good idea of what gains can be had with what mods and on what type of fuel we did it on. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/project-goldmember
GM-Numbers-Whipple-864.jpg

Last edited:

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
- Cobra jet w/ twin 65 TB
- JLT
- 170* T-stat
- SP 1-7/8" headers w/ race cats
- Full 3" custom exhaust collector back
- ID 1k injectors

Car made 478/419 on the final pull, but you can check out the 477 pull on my instagram [MENTION=12448]pinero61[/MENTION]. I'm at work in brazil, so uploading pictures isn't the easiest.

Pinero61's answer FTW. These are relevant bolt ons and you can see what the result at the wheels is. You don't have to go as far as adding a Cobra Jet manifold/throttle body as yours is already quite good. Long tubes, JLT intake, 47lb injectors and tuning for e85 is the bread and butter.

2015-2017
Sponsored