Sponsored

HP fender extensions keep losing adhesive

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Has anybody with the handling pack noticed there fender extensions losing adhesion to the fender? They use tape for the round/top part of the fender

my dealership replaced my passenger side one cause it had lost a good portion of it and you could press down on it and see it coming away from the fender.

a year later the driver is doing it and passenger again. Just curious if anybody has encountered or did a DIY solution.

I really wish ford just gave us wider front fenders like the gt350/500 )=
Sponsored

TallyMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
'20 Grand Cherokee Limited X, '22 Mach 1 HP
Has anybody with the handling pack noticed there fender extensions losing adhesion to the fender? They use tape for the round/top part of the fender
Yes. My passenger side was replaced under warranty as it had started to lose grip. My driver side is a little loose, but not to the point where I want to take it to my dealer to have them replace it.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
My car has the same. A friend of mine works in paint and body, he is getting me a better tape.
once it’s on, I will let you guys know if it’s better along with the brand.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Make sure to use an adhesive promoter before taping to the fender. It’s actually pretty surprising how much more effective it makes the tape

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
Make sure to use an adhesive promoter before taping to the fender. It’s actually pretty surprising how much more effective it makes the tape
This! Use the 3M adhesive promoter (you can buy a box from Amazon with individual wipes, it’s expensive, but worth it). Do it after cleaning the fender with alcohol, and they shouldn’t move with the stock 3M tape.

Last edited:

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
This! Use the 3M adhesive promoter (you can buy a box from Amazon with individual wipes, it’s expensive, but worth it). Do it after cleaning the fender with alcohol, and they shouldn’t move with the stick 3M tape.
Yea, I just ordered the fender extensions and ordered the 3m adhesive promotor from amazon so I can do what you said because I saw the only one packet that comes with it and thought it will need more, lol.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I used it for the original install, that stuff works great, good ole Amazon dropped some more off yesterday.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Same here, drivers side isn’t too bad but passenger side is getting there. I’ll probably just take it off sometime and re-do the tape

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I used it for the original install, that stuff works great, good ole Amazon dropped some more off yesterday.
Kinda surprising that they’re breaking loose. Ford (usually) uses the good 3M tape. Unless there’s just not a lot of fender surface area being used?

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Kinda surprising that they’re breaking loose. Ford (usually) uses the good 3M tape. Unless there’s just not a lot of fender surface area being used?
The reason mine are coming off is probably more my fault than Fords, as I removed them to install the rock guards. 3M tape and adhesive promoter was used as well.

I will add more tape this time, from the factory it doesn’t cover the whole area, at least mine didn’t.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
I installed mine because I didn't want that to happen. It's all in the prep of the surface the tape is going to stick to. I used ppg dx 330 wax and grease remover first .then the 3m adhesion promoter. Haven't had a problem yet. Knock on wood.

Rob_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1, SPF Cobra, 23 Jeep JTR, 88 YJ, 05 Ram
Both of mine were coming loose. My Mach is at the dealer right now getting both fender extensions replaced under warranty.

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine since my car was orig non HP. Haven’t had ay issues with the fenders. My issue is with the factory HP spoiler I installed. The 3M tape that came on it seemed inadequate, too thin or just didn’t stick. My spoiler can be moved up and down at the lip a bit too much.
Sponsored