Sponsored

Howler Coyote F/R Badges - PLEASE READ 1st PAGE FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNDZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
More problems for me! My grille(cervini) has the honeycomb holes spaced just in the way to prevent me from installing this badge straight.
Sponsored

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
i know someone who used urethane to make it permanent because he didn't want it stolen... is that overkill?
Honestly no, i was thinking making mine permanent somehow.

hegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT Premium
Honestly no, i was thinking making mine permanent somehow.

I'm planning on using panel bonding adhesive used for mounting body panels without any fasteners. should be plenty strong and last forever.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Just got mine they are really well-made and heavier than I expected!

Sponsored

Simba2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Ordered one the same hour they released it. So far I've gotten no shipped email, no update email, nothing from them. This is sad especially considering they said they'll have it out before Christmas.

Hope it's not the same scenario as when I ordered one a year ago and never got one.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Just got mine today and sadly not impressed. I really anticipated the release of these. Never got the black and Dib because it was never released I was online at countdown. I pm them and never got a response about why black and Dib was never available. Now I got my badge black and red with very poor quality paint job of black. It has bumps and my badge has knicks like they dropped it than sprayed over it. Feeling pretty let down. It almost seems more thought went into the packaging than the quality of the badge. It does have nice weight but the paint job and dents are a real let down. :(

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
What about the P-51 badges??

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Well I screwed up then. I was almost sure when I was ordering that it only said grill mount. Now that I'm looking at the site, there is also trunk mount. I have two front badges. Oh well, I guess I'll just drill two holes into my blank decklid. More secure since yes they are very heavy. Hopefully the bolts are short enough to fit or else I'll have to cut those down as well.
If I were you I would get a hack saw and cut off the stubs on the badge, then use 3M tape to mount it.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I got my mmd blank deck lid yesterday, put it on but wanted to wait and take my time on putting the back badge on since it only sticks and it's heavy. That's got me concerned.
My V2 have been on there for months and months.

That 3M tape is MUCH stronger than you would think. It's not budging once it's on there. Make sure you measure to center it and mark it with some masking tape before sticking it on; it will NOT come back up. I marked the 4 corners after doing some math and measuring the badge to make sure it was dead center horizontally and vertically.

I thought the same thing, is some tape really going to hold this chunk of metal? Yup it does.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Still prefer the V2 Black Nickel/ Red fill over the new V3 version. Thought about ordering another set but its not quite the same. Although the front grill mounts look a bit more sturdy.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
In addition to the shortcomings I already mentioned, I noticed also that the top edge of mine isn't straight and square either. Almost like a belt sander was used to deburr the casting and the badge wasn't kept square to the belt. Ugh. Basically a piece of scrap.

I wish I had passed on this iteration, I prefer my V2 unit. But I fell for all the hype that these were going to be the ultimate in terms of quality.

Buyer beware. You might get a good one, you might not. I can appreciate what it takes to bring something like this to market, especially affordably, but based on mine I don't believe the quality is any better than previous versions.

heardme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone installed these on an RTR Grille? I can't seem to align it right anywhere on the pattern.

AlexhadanM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Blue
Has anyone installed these on an RTR Grille? I can't seem to align it right anywhere on the pattern.
Just stick it on with 3m tape

heardme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just stick it on with 3m tape
The bolts that lock it onto the grille are in the way.

I am thinking of sawing one of the bolts down and using 3m tape on that side as a fix.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.