Sponsored

How to fit 305's upfront?

BigHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium Ingot silver
Tell me how you did it!
I am currently running 285/35/19 and 305/35/19..
I NEED to get a square setup and want 305's upfront.
Please give me you're thoughts on what rims, tires, suspension, and alignment specs you went with in order to get 305's upfront without rubbing... THANKS:headbang:
Sponsored

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Send this guy a msg Paul@PKAUTODESIGN and he will get you hooked up
that is his name on this forum

OP
OP

BigHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=17793]Evilwill[/MENTION], let get him to this tread haha. Hey Paul@PKAUTODESIGN, please give us some intel on how we can run 305's upfront?

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
I don't daily my 305's. but I run them squared on 19x11's et 50. No spacer in rear, 20mm spacer up front with -3* camber. Lowered on BMR Handling springs with Konis.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The fronts on that 305 et50 -20 spacer setup look a bit pokey. Do they tuck under the fenders under load? How much clearance did you have on the inside with those Konis?

OP
OP

BigHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=23696]Killspray[/MENTION], I've read your posting and it has a lot of excellent information. A few questions for you:
1st: Is there a reason you don't daily your car with the 305's upfront?
2nd: With the 20mm spacers, do you have any rub whatsoever? and is there a way to get the 305's upfront without going so aggressive with the camber? I don't want to eat through the front tires by being cambered so much for a daily driver.

NDSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
[MENTION=23696]Killspray[/MENTION], I've read your posting and it has a lot of excellent information. A few questions for you:
2nd: With the 20mm spacers, do you have any rub whatsoever? and is there a way to get the 305's upfront without going so aggressive with the camber? I don't want to eat through the front tires by being cambered so much for a daily driver.
I ran -3 on my S197 for over a year and never had tire wear issues. Toe is what kills tires. I also liked to take my turns pretty quick, since I had a the suspension and tires to do it. Don't know if that help or hurt save them.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Im here lol, alright so few things we need to go through. And yes I have members daily driving a 305/345 combo.

1. Wheel width and offset are key
2. If the vehicle is lowered itll need some stuff front camber plates and such.

You can do setups with 19x10 upfront with 305/35 or 305/30 tire combos and you can do setups with 19x11 with 305 tires upfront all just depends on what your after.

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
The fronts on that 305 et50 -20 spacer setup look a bit pokey. Do they tuck under the fenders under load? How much clearance did you have on the inside with those Konis?
On the thread I referenced, I took pictures of both 20mm and 25mm spacers. After swapping, I drop up and down the street trying to settle the suspension after having the car jacked up. Pictures were hard as it was difficult to get just the right angle. Seeing in person is much better. With 3*, there was definitely some poke with the 25mm's. With the 20mm's, the pictures might make it look a tad pokey but dang near flush. I just had a track day with the 20mm's and IMHO, they look PERFECT. Maybe the suspension didn't settle all the way when taking my pics. Clearance to the Konis were 9.5mm/4.5mm with the 25mm/20mm spacer, respectively.

Sponsored

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
1) I bought a separate set of wheels/tires for the track. So I have some Project6GR's wrapped with RS3-V2's that I run 3* camber with for track days. Then after the track day, I put my stockers back on and set camber back to 1-1.5*.

2) I saw no rubbing on neither the 20mm or 25mm spacer. You could probably run the 20mm spacer with slightly less aggressive camber?? I'd probably find someone on here who dailies them and see what spacer/camber they are running if you want to salvage your tires. I agree that toe will kill tires more than camber but camber can and will cause uneven wear. I left my stock P-Zeros with 3* camber for a while and noticed the insides were wearing much faster than the outside.

OP
OP

BigHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked into front fenders, and it seems like the Anderson Composits front fenders are 10mm (0.4 inches) wider than stock. By having that additional 10mm of space from the fenders, will that allow me to go less aggressive, maybe even factory settings with 20mm spacers and 305 tires upfront?

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I looked into front fenders, and it seems like the Anderson Composits front fenders are 10mm (0.4 inches) wider than stock. By having that additional 10mm of space from the fenders, will that allow me to go less aggressive, maybe even factory settings with 20mm spacers and 305 tires upfront?
They do help and we have a local guy rocking those with 11" fronts and aggressive track camber.

OP
OP

BigHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive got the MRR 350 wheels, 10 inch wide upfront. Can I run 305 on those or should I be getting the 11 inch version of those for my fronts?
Sponsored