Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
I still gotta do that Mak, but shoot if a dealer can do it for me and I not have to buy,ship, and do the work myself then dealer it is!

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
According to post 59 of this thread, GTs have a sound tube running from the intake to the firewall. That can be removed and capped off.

In any case, in the EcoBoost the ANC can be deactivated as described in the following post:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1668885&postcount=1196
I don't believe this actually disables the sound symposer, but instead disables the active noise canceling. This would work to keep aftermarket exhaust and subwoofers from causing a rumble in the sound system, but the fake engine noise still exists after making this change on the ecoboost.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Exactly, it disables the ANC and it works on the EcoBoost. I don't know what it does on the GT. My comment above is based on post 59 of this thread.

bam88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP
As far as I can tell every post in that thread says the Forscan only turns of the fake engine noise which is a different system from the Active Noise Cancellation.....

Sponsored

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
No, it says the exact opposite. FORScan disables the ANC.

p0werslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/PP
Guys, to be clear - FORScan disables both the ANC and the fake sound symposer. I've tried it with the COBB Accessport, where previously when I changed Map slots (between 1 to 5) it used to make the fake noise, and now it doesn't.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Guys, to be clear - FORScan disables both the ANC and the fake sound symposer. I've tried it with the COBB Accessport, where previously when I changed Map slots (between 1 to 5) it used to make the fake noise, and now it doesn't.
You would be the first to make this claim, as I have heard others using the Cobb tuner still had the fake noise after changing the value in FORScan. What exactly did you change, just the "A" to "8"?

p0werslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/PP
You would be the first to make this claim, as I have heard others using the Cobb tuner still had the fake noise after changing the value in FORScan. What exactly did you change, just the "A" to "8"?
Yup that's right - only that one change.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Good to know. So it probably does both. I cannot check though, as I am Adam tuned and I do not have the 5 slots of the COBB OTS maps. Thanks for the update.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Yup that's right - only that one change.
I'll try it again on mine before heading to work tomorrow, but the last time it made no audible difference. Someone else here has mentioned that changing the A to 8 and using the accessport still gave the fake engine noise when selecting tunes.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Made the change again today, fake sounds are definitely still there. Anyone else have a Cobb tuner that could test this as well when switching maps? Even the F-150 FORScan document shows this change only disables ANC, not the symposer.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Interestingly enough, I installed the Ford Performance tune this evening, and the value in the ACM changed from A to 8 again. It's very obvious that the symposer is completely disabled now, as the car is MUCH quieter inside. I'm not sure if there is a PCM change that goes along with this setting modification, but it's clearly disabled now vs just making the as-built change previously.

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
I just can't seem to sort this issue out on my ecoboost fastback with premium shaker.

Ive disconnected the rear mic like shown in the video, and im still getting rumble from my subwoofer when the engine is on, and the bass almost disappears while driving.
On hard acceleration my speakers noticeably distort.

Ive spent so much money on my audio hardware
Audison Bit Ten D processor
Rainbow audio semi active front 3 way
Kicker KS Coaxials 6.75 rears
Kicker KX800.5 Multichannel amp
Rockford Fosgate TX400 Power series 4ch amp
Kicker 12" COMP RT

Ive spent hours of labor, tons of money and it all just sounds worse than stock because of all the weird shit coming through the audio feed.
Ive even tried another processor, Kicker Front Row, to see if it could clean up the signal better but it was the same.

Literally been trying to sort this out for almost a year, and ive made little progress...

I was thinking of literally reverting to stock, nothing ive tried works. And the local dealership has no idea how to disable ANC or sound symposer it either.
Sponsored