Sponsored

How to disable the Active Noise Control

Alan2955

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost premium auto convertible standard suspension optional 19 inch wheels
With Forscan make the following change to turn off ANC:
Module:
727-01-01-abcd-yXyy - Change the X to an 8.

To turn off the sound symposer:
727-01-01-abcd-yXyy - Change the X to a 0 (zero)
2020 Ecoboost convertible. Before I go to the trouble to get into the forscan, I would like to just try to disable the fake engine sound for a bit and see how it sounds. I tried pulling fuse 27 as some suggested, and that made no difference at all. I’ve also read that disconnecting the microphone above the map lights in the convertible will disable it, but others say it doesn’t , so I really don’t want to go prying that open for no good reason. I have a nine speaker sound system but not the subwoofer. Will disconnecting that microphone actually disable the fake engine noise on my car? The other option I was considering was just pulling the fuse for the radio so I could temporarily see what it sounds like. Will that disable the fake engine noise? Thanks for any input.
Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Well, I don't know if this will add to all the confusion or not, but I just found out my 2020 ecoboost premium auto with the sync3 system and AM/FM stereo 9 speaker 201A package and does not have the ANC microphone in the headliner so don't believe mine has ANC system in it. Not sure if still may have ESE system but will be putting a MBRP cat back on it soon so will find out if any funky noise is being generated with engine running.

You can have a dealer BOM your VIN to see if it has the mic in the headliner (Build of materials). I have a good buddy that is the parts manager at local Ford dealer, and I sent him a pic of the part number of the mic from the you tube vid posted here and he confirmed part # DA5T-19CO55-AC is ANC mic and BOM my vin and told me my car does not have it.

He has a 2017 ecoboost 6 speed manual and his does not have it either but his is the plain jane AM/FM stereo with no sync system.

Will update when I put exhaust on mine.

He talked to one of the techs about ANC/ESE and tech was going to look into what can be done to turn it off at dealer but have not heard back on that yet.

BD

Last edited:

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Got my MBRP cat back on and no added sound from stereo trying to cancel out exhaust sounds so I am good to go with my 2020 premium.

BD

JEP76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julio
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
Hey guys, need some help here. I installed an after market sub and amp. Used a RCA converter from behind the head unit. Which is an aftermarket NAVOS unit. Well I'm getting a distorted bass and cant seen to find out why. Any help out there? I tried the ANC disable but still getting that distorted sound. It doesn't kick like it did when I had it in my SER '03 Sentra. TIA
Sponsored

Last edited: