Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Update on this topic.

A couple of weeks ago, I read somewhere that there is not just one, but two mics that are part of the active noise cancellation. Most of us have only disconnected the one located under the headliner. There is another one located inside the map light box, but this mic seems to be important for other functions as well, so I guess it should not be disconnected.

I decided to use FORSCAN to deactivate the active noise cancellation (ACM module 727-01-01). By doing this, the ANC is completely disabled. The sound of the MBRP Race Exhausts is much, MUCH better now. Drone never bothered me, as I wanted a loud exhaust system, but without the ANC it's now more quiet inside the cabin and the sound of the exhausts is a "raw", pure growl.

Also - and this is not simply my idea - the sound system sounds definitely better.

I suggest that you give it a try, it's worth it. To avoid buying an expensive Bluetooth or WiFi adapter for use with FORSCAN, you can buy a USB adapter such as the one I bought on Ebay. It works perfectly with FORSCAN, as it can read and write HS and MS-CAN modules:

ELM327 USB modified for Ford ELMconfig FTDI chip HSCAN / MSCAN Forscan OBD2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271935399987
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Update on this topic.

A couple of weeks ago, I read somewhere that there is not just one, but two mics that are part of the active noise cancellation. Most of us have only disconnected the one located under the headliner. There is another one located inside the map light box, but this mic seems to be important for other functions as well, so I guess it should not be disconnected.

I decided to use FORSCAN to deactivate the active noise cancellation (ACM module 727-01-01). By doing this, the ANC is completely disabled. The sound of the MBRP Race Exhausts is much, MUCH better now. Drone never bothered me, as I wanted a loud exhaust system, but without the ANC it's now more quiet inside the cabin and the sound of the exhausts is a "raw", pure growl.

Also - and this is not simply my idea - the sound system sounds definitely better.

I suggest that you give it a try, it's worth it. To avoid buying an expensive Bluetooth or WiFi adapter for use with FORSCAN, you can buy a USB adapter such as the one I bought on Ebay. It works perfectly with FORSCAN, as it can read and write HS and MS-CAN modules:

ELM327 USB modified for Ford ELMconfig FTDI chip HSCAN / MSCAN Forscan OBD2
http://r.ebay.com/RvUL6k
I'm really new to that Forscan device. What exactly is it? And how did you use it to cancel out the ANC? I have mbrp and have to hit various plastics in my car to shit that shit up from drone rattles lol I'm very interested in this whole process!

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I'm really new to that Forscan device. What exactly is it? And how did you use it to cancel out the ANC? I have mbrp and have to hit various plastics in my car to shit that shit up from drone rattles lol I'm very interested in this whole process!
There is a thread dedicated to FORSCAN. Although long, it's worth going through:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

If you want to understand the basics, you can read the first page where everything is described in detail, step by step. You can then buy an adapter, such the bluetooth adapter shown on the first page of that thread, or the USB one that I mention in my post. You will have to change ACN module 727-01-01, as described in this post:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1668885&postcount=1196

Hope this helps.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I just read it. Actually seems pretty cool, I had no idea this was going on. However for the ACN seems like a pain to obtain all this and the license and such. Decisions... But I would love to disable the honk after leaving running car

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Ok I just read it. Actually seems pretty cool, I had no idea this was going on. However for the ACN seems like a pain to obtain all this and the license and such. Decisions... But I would love to disable the honk after leaving running car
Believe me, it's so easy! The most difficult part is ordering the adapter and waiting for it to arrive LOL!

Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Believe me, it's so easy! The most difficult part is ordering the adapter and waiting for it to arrive LOL!
Have they found the code mod for that hidden 150hp yet? Need that updated too

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Have they found the code mod for that hidden 150hp yet? Need that updated too
No, not yet! :lol:

Lets keep trying! Until we find it our best solution is Adam!

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
For the records, this is where I found this information. See posts 874 onward:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773&page=59

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
just had a jl audio stealhbox installed and when the motor is off it sounds amazing, when i turn the motor on the bass is mostly gone ... the shop told me it was due to the active noise control . Im planning to take it to the dealership tomorrow to have them disable it via the computer, beacuse im assuming just unplugging the mic isnt going to fix the issue

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me know how that goes! I'll be doing the same if they do so

Sponsored
OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=14564]BlackS550[/MENTION] [MENTION=24851]Blyman93[/MENTION] you can disable the active noise cancellation using FORScan. See my post #62 in this thread. Let me know if you need help.

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
thanks! i plan on telling them the exact module that needs changed so they know i mean business lol

really hope this fixes this issue though... its less about hearing exhaust thru the woofer/speakers and more that the sub/amp is basically non-existant when the car is on

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Disabling the ANC will definitely fix the issue. I am not sure though if the dealer will be able - or will be willing - to do that. Let me know how it goes and if they don't do it for you, I can help you do it on your own, using FORScan.

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
really appreaciate it! and that makes me feel better that u think it will def solve the problem

the install shop (which is right down the street from the dealership) told me if i take it there and ask them, theyll know exactly what to do and should only take them ~10 minutes.. he said it as if hes had others do it before so hoping the dealership doesnt give me a hard time about it.

the link for your usb adapter ships from estonia lol :(

and btw i dont have an eco boost not sure if that makes a difference w regarding to ANC and my issue

Last edited:

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
No need to act like that dude. He was trying to be helpful. Not everybody on this forum is a mechanic or knows what they are doing. Chill...

Also, the software route is below for anybody with Forscan...

Disable fake engine noise on EcoBoost models
ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx
is this the same for GT PP?
Sponsored