Sponsored

How safe is it being supercharged?

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
yes sir. VMP boost a pump.
I don’t drag the car as it’s a convertible but I do hard pulls on the freeway from time to time. I’m sure that helps with longevity as I don’t hit redline much if at all..
75mm pulley with pump gas ... im surprised PBD did that .... its around 12 lb of boost on 93....
Sponsored

Rsrfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JohnPaul
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang vert
75mm pulley with pump gas ... im surprised PBD did that .... its around 12 lb of boost on 93....
I'm surprised too. This is according to the records I received when I bought the car. It definitely has a 75mm pulley and I couldn’t find an E85 tune on the NGuage. I’m not sure if the long tubes bleed off a little boost or what is happening. There could be more going on I don’t know about. I haven’t been into the engine nor have I pulled the fuel pump. I’m definitely not the boosted coyote expert. Was just trying to provide a point of reference on longevity …

Mach9310

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
You should be ok if you stick to 10 psi on pump gas with ID1050x and a BAP or a return style fuel system if you want to run E85 and higher boost. However, if you don’t have money to replace the motor don’t do it, no matter your tuner, boost level, fuel, etc. I speak from personal experience.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
How much HP and how much boost were you pushing on stock block? I’ve read various things that you’re generally safe on stock internals up to 700HP +/-. The FP/Roush and Whipple base tunes & equipment should be fairly safe, once you start building up from there is where you start the clock on stock internals from what I’ve read. Still reading up on this stuff so I’m all ears if what I’m reading is incorrect. Like anything, nothing is 100% bullet proof either
I was a little north of 700+, all stock internals, Lund tuned. I drove it hard. One day I punched it from a stop sign on a back road, and I blew a piston ring somewhere in the upper RPMs. Changed out the pistons with some aftermarkets designed for high HP and have been rocking hard for 3 years now.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I'm going on close to 2 years now (13k miles). No issues so far but I really don't beat on my car.
Yea, I definitely don't baby the car. I drive her hard 75% of the time because I live out in the country and mostly just have myself and deer to worry about. Lots of open road and nothing else for miles.

Sponsored

OP
OP

01gt46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Update: I decided to finally make a pass. I’m still on the Whipple tune & 3.875 pulley.

Car: 2020 GTPP1 (heavy premium car), no weight taken out. 2 subs in the trunk. 19x10 & 19x11 wheels.

No headers, stock shocks/struts, -1.6° rear camber (horrible)

Ran a 10.26 @ 135.91

I’m thinking if I take seats out and one of my subs, get a drag pack, I might see a 9.

I tried to upload a video but it won’t let me.

IMG_7402.jpeg

IMG_7394.jpeg

IMG_7405.jpeg

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Very respectable time on their tune. Nice 60ft too. You go E85 and you'll get down solidly into the 9's.