Sponsored

How often does your GT 350 see redline?

Bike4pizza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 perf blue, recaros, handling,tech,carbon dash
Shift light settings are located in track apps. track is my personal favorite. Set it pretty high so it’s only in your face when things around you are moving too fast to look at the tach!
Sponsored

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Not many miles on my 19'....just under 5000, but it does see 7000-7500 every outing.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I brought it up to 8k once and thought it was going to explode. It was scary, awesome, exhilarating, and ridiculous all at once.

VoodooIdo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Turbo GT350 and 93 Supercharged Lightning
Every time I drive it. 2020 6000 miles no oil consumption runs smooth as silk. Never any vibration issues.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Only one rule....let it come up to temp first.
In the GT350 owner's supplement, it states that "redline is limited to 8000 RPM until the engine oil temperature exceeds 190°F" - so I always wait until my oil temp hits 190 before doing any hooligan things in general, including hitting/exceeding 8000.

Maybe I'll do 7600, but this is much easier to shift than my 03 cobra.
That's just way too low. These cars are designed to hit 8k, and shifting at 7600 won't land you back in the powerband. It won't hurt the car if you screw up and hit the limiter either, it'll just feel like the car took the throttle away from you.

Track mode and 8,000 rpm setting. Gives me a a little leeway to see the light and then make the shift without slapping the rev limiter.
This is the move. By the time you've seen the lights blink, it's time to shift.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bdubbs

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
In the GT350 owner's supplement, it states that "redline is limited to 8000 RPM until the engine oil temperature exceeds 190°F" - so I always wait until my oil temp hits 190 before doing any hooligan things in general, including hitting/exceeding 8000.

That's just way too low. These cars are designed to hit 8k, and shifting at 7600 won't land you back in the powerband. It won't hurt the car if you screw up and hit the limiter either, it'll just feel like the car took the throttle away from you.

This is the move. By the time you've seen the lights blink, it's time to shift.
Thanks!

I can shift my notchy 03 cobra pretty good. I'll turn it up!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Sit in your garage one night and play around with the buttons. Think it's in track settings. Doesn't need to be in track mode to function though. Few different options
I was struggling getting mine to work without the car being in Track Mode. Haven't been able to revisit that yet.. I think the original poster has a Performance Blue color, correct?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I was struggling getting mine to work without the car being in Track Mode. Haven't been able to revisit that yet.. I think the original poster has a Performance Blue color, correct?
The car doesn't have to be in any particular mode. When you hear others speak of "track" mode for the shift light, that's a mode/setting just for the shift light that's independent of the car's mode. It controls the pattern for the shift light.

I believe the modes for the shift light are off, tach, track, and drag. If you're having trouble with it, I think there's also a brightness setting and you'll want that all the way up. If it's turned down, you won't be able to see it very well if at all.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The car doesn't have to be in any particular mode. When you hear others speak of "track" mode for the shift light, that's a mode/setting just for the shift light that's independent of the car's mode. It controls the pattern for the shift light.

I believe the modes for the shift light are off, tach, track, and drag. If you're having trouble with it, I think there's also a brightness setting and you'll want that all the way up. If it's turned down, you won't be able to see it very well if at all.
thanks will give it a go

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bdubbs

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful

I just set mine up yesterday but haven't tested it yet.

It is super easy to setup. I put my shift light mode in the drag setting and at 8000 rpms.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What shift light option do you guys like the best? I'd probably set it a little earlier than 8250.
When I owned my GT350 I didn't use the shift light. I used my ears and the rev limiter. It doesn't hurt it to bounce off the limiter momentarily every once in a while. My advice is to use the entire rev range, drive the car and you will get used to it. You will know when it's getting close to 8,250. Once I got used to the car I very rarely hit the limiter.

During the Track Attack they have you hold it on the limiter rather than shifting in several corners. I admit I never did that to my car, but I also never worried about tagging the limiter every once in a while.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I take mine to the redline at least once every time I take it out. I feel like I'm doing the car a disservice if I don't.

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Stating the obvious... Running to red line is neither good or bad, however, service life is determined by use. An engine that is run at red line more often than another will have a shorter service life. (Excluding the weird sudden failures with some Voodoo power-plants)

A 10k mile car run mainly on the track at near red line engine speeds will most certainly have a shorter service life than a 10k mile car that was never run about 6500 or 7k RPMs.

It's all about how one decides they want to enjoy their car. To each his own!

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Stating the obvious... Running to red line is neither good or bad, however, service life is determined by use. An engine that is run at red line more often than another will have a shorter service life. (Excluding the weird sudden failures with some Voodoo power-plants)

A 10k mile car run mainly on the track at near red line engine speeds will most certainly have a shorter service life than a 10k mile car that was never run about 6500 or 7k RPMs.

It's all about how one decides they want to enjoy their car. To each his own!
I'm going to tell you what I told the guy who told me to shift at 7k at the track.

Life is way to f--king short to own a voodoo and NOT shift at 8000.
Sponsored