Sponsored

How often do you guys see other Bullitts on the road?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It’s interesting how quiet the inside of the car.
Yesterday I was driving back home....and wife had already opened the garage door.
She tells me “I could hear you all the way at the neighborhood entrance”. :crazy::shock:.
I still can’t get the home link thing to work :whew:
Yeah, to be honest Homelink in the Bullitt is not great (unless my doors suck). Same system in my 2018 Accord worked way better. I've reprogrammed it multiple times, worked way better in my 2020 Escape loaner, which is identical system. I dunno...

Yeah, she told me when she beat me home couple times, she can hear me miles away, but I can barely hear it on the inside. Good insulation I guess!
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
have only seen 2 others here around town, a kid in a black one like mine & a DHG i saw in a Publix parking lot. went to one one of the largest cruise ins in south Florida just before covid maybe 1500 cars, i was the only BULLITT out of hundreds of mustangs.
That's actually really cool, that in that big of a sea of Mustangs yours was the only one. Can't wait until post covid (is that ever even going to be thing) when I can go to a show like that.
I wonder if people just don't know it exists or it doesn't appeal to them as much (which is why it appeals to me that much more).

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’ve still only seen one DHG Bullitt since I got mine in July and believe it or not, the owner of that Bullitt lives exactly one block away from me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AceS550

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Still no Bullitt sightings for me, I did see a Lexus LFA while driving around last Saturday. The exhaust sounded amazing!

spectreman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
First off, black Bullitts don't count. :crazy:

Second, in the 2 months I've owned mine, I've only seen one DHG Bullitt so far on FL's Treasure Coast, and that was about 2 weeks before I picked mine up. I figured that was a sign to buy mine.
Lee

Sponsored

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Eh no. That's like saying a Gulf colors car can be black, or hellcat charger daytona can be anything other than blue and white. The car was named after the movie and the movie was DHG. Now you could argue the modern DHG is not like the original and I'd agree but it wasn't black :)

OP
OP
AceS550

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I get the whole purist perspective but we are a long way from the 1960’s. Any production car with a Bullitt badge is based on a theme and not 100% authentic.

I respect the opinions of those who think otherwise, but to me it’s inaccurate to think that any non DHG Bullitt is an imposter. It’s not like anyone out there really believes that their SN95/S197/S550 Bullitt is the actual movie car.

Not looking for validation or to change anyone’s mind, but since we’re sharing that’s my personal opinion. :like:

Sponsored

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I think we can all agree that the current Bullitt is just an artistic rendition of the original, fake gas caps and all :) And if the badge deletes, numbering, tuned exhaust tick the boxes for you, then your car is a Bullitt because you are right, it's as close to the original as mine is.

Still think the DHG is a closer match :wink:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I get the whole purist perspective but we are a long way from the 1960’s. Any production car with a Bullitt badge is based on a theme and not 100% authentic.

I respect the opinions of those who think otherwise, but to me it’s inaccurate to think that any non DHG Bullitt is an imposter. It’s not like anyone out there really believes that their SN95/S197/S550 Bullitt is the actual movie car.

Not looking for validation or to change anyone’s mind, but since we’re sharing that’s my personal opinion. :like:
1608000188560.png

Just like with much of these cars, to each their own. One's preference doesn't make it canon.
I mean he's wrong, but still, he has the right to be. :D Just kidding

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
I just consider my black bullitt as a trim package. And I have racing stripes so I KNOW mine isn’t a “real“ bullitt. It’s a bit different and that is ok with me.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Many of us just bought the Bullitt as a trim package, not as some kind of nostalgia crap. Ha ha. I bought one because it was cheaper and more equipped than any GT I could find, PLUS I don't like spoilers or badges, and fully loaded, so it was the right car for me. I almost bought a black one, but didn't want yet another freaking black car just because I had no choice (I live in the hot, dusty desert). On my last search attempt, the green one I bought popped up 100 miles from home (rather than 1,000), and with shipping and everything, it was pretty much the same price, and much newer (one of the last 25 made), so got that one instead. Wasn't crazy about another dark color, but at least it's a much better looking color to me... and the 'proper' Bullitt color. So kept everybody who told me a black Bullitt was sacrilege, happy. Ha ha.
Sponsored