Sponsored

How often do you guys see other Bullitts on the road?

spectreman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
you better take a better look around the treasure coast, i have sighted another black BULLITT, thats 3 to 1 on your DHG......and the car was purchased because of its color, lines, lack of badging, and it being a numbered car. oh yeah and the GT350 intake swayed me too. yeah i could have bought a mach1 but there not numbered. i keep my cars for a long time. being black the production numbers are far less. and with covid destroying production for 2020 this car just may hold its value better than i thought. can any of you GT owners say that ......lol

Mmmmmmm, nope.
Sponsored

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I think buying a Bullitt to have a good daily driver, unique, movie cool, limited numbers oh and appreciate in price really is a case of wanting your cake and eating it :)

If I wanted to buy a Mustang that will appreciate in price maybe the 350 but even then its doubtful unless you are keeping it in a barn for 40 years and then I'll be dead so wont care anyway.

It's a car, it's somewhat unique, it drives nice, scratches an itch and didn't cost more than a house. Everything else after that is gravy in my humble opinion. 20 more HP than standard for bragging rights, cue ball shifter, tuned exhaust, GT350 intake, debadged, nice unique color, came almost fully loaded bar for some safety stuff that annoys me anyway.

But I am in no way ever going to think I have some super unusual collectable car that will be worth anything significant. If it lasts long enough to pass it on to my daughter fantastic (son is a Mopar fiend) Otherwise it'll get scrapped, traded or sold when it becomes more hassle than it's worth. I will pat it on the roof as I get rid of it, like I do with any car that did good service and didn't let me down and move on to the next.

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I think buying a Bullitt to have a good daily driver, unique, movie cool, limited numbers oh and appreciate in price really is a case of wanting your cake and eating it :)

If I wanted to buy a Mustang that will appreciate in price maybe the 350 but even then its doubtful unless you are keeping it in a barn for 40 years and then I'll be dead so wont care anyway.

It's a car, it's somewhat unique, it drives nice, scratches an itch and didn't cost more than a house. Everything else after that is gravy in my humble opinion. 20 more HP than standard for bragging rights, cue ball shifter, tuned exhaust, GT350 intake, debadged, nice unique color, came almost fully loaded bar for some safety stuff that annoys me anyway.

But I am in no way ever going to think I have some super unusual collectable car that will be worth anything significant. If it lasts long enough to pass it on to my daughter fantastic (son is a Mopar fiend) Otherwise it'll get scrapped, traded or sold when it becomes more hassle than it's worth. I will pat it on the roof as I get rid of it, like I do with any car that did good service and didn't let me down and move on to the next.
exactly why i bought it! never said it would be worth more just hold its value better than a GT. humble opinions are best. arrogant opinions are as they say "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink!"...... unless you just got bleached............lol

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

I think the daily-ability of this car is off the charts and more than I ever expected. Add very comfy, 28mpg-filled 2,000-mile round trip roadtrips with a wife and a dog in the back (dog in the back, wife rode shotgun/drove :)), it's awesome.

Now that I've got the winter wheels on it it handles so well!!

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
you better take a better look around the treasure coast, i have sighted another black BULLITT, thats 3 to 1 on your DHG......and the car was purchased because of its color, lines, lack of badging, and it being a numbered car. oh yeah and the GT350 intake swayed me too. yeah i could have bought a mach1 but there not numbered. i keep my cars for a long time. being black the production numbers are far less. and with covid destroying production for 2020 this car just may hold its value better than i thought. can any of you GT owners say that ......lol
Agree on most parts. But if you are buying a modern day vehicle as an investment, especially a 50k one..you are doing it wrong.

Sponsored

Chente04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
As big as Houston is i've only seen 4 other Bullitts in 2 1/2 years. 2 black and 2 DHG.

OP
OP
AceS550

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I saw one yesterday. So far that’s 1 Bullitt in 11 months for me.

Joeblowv1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2005 F150 FX4
A buddy of mine saw one about 20 minutes away from me at a gas station. My old man saw one going the other way about 20 minutes the other direction.

So thats two in about 2 months from them (could have been the same car) but I personally have never seen one on the road.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I unfortunately see one every day.

In my garage that is. :D

Even when I don't drive I find an excuse to go into the garage and look at it.

Sponsored

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Agree on most parts. But if you are buying a modern day vehicle as an investment, especially a 50k one..you are doing it wrong.
Holding value and investment are not the same. my Cobra and the Bullitt were not investments, they were just the cars i wanted at that time. i am a Mustang addict, have had one since i was 16.
if i wanted an investment car, i would go with a JAG 220 or XK.
lets face it the minute you push that button and hear the engine and drive it, your hooked. there was no attachment to the actor or the movie in my purchase. maybe that's why i went with black

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey, I know some people don't really have much of a connection with the actor or the movie (or some did), but thought this gift I got for Xmas this year (we opened on winter solstice) is pretty neat:

20201223_184334.jpg

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, I know some people don't really have much of a connection with the actor or the movie (or some did), but thought this gift I got for Xmas this year (we opened on winter solstice) is pretty neat:

20201223_184334.jpg
If that gift was from a woman MARRY her.......lol my girl friend had a mug made up and a tee shirt for me last Christmas. connection or not , very cool gift! where di they find it by the way?

Cheezzy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt- 401a, PP1, A10, Active exhaust
I don't own a bullitt but i've seen 2 this year. One on the road and another at the gas station.

Guy at the station had a Whipple stage 2 under the hood still on the Whipple tune. I told him he should really consider getting a Tune from one of the reputable Tuners. Since I thought a good amount people have smoked their motor on the Whipple tune.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Non Bullitt owner here. I've seen all of one in NoVA. And that was a year ago.
Sponsored