Sponsored

How long from VIN to window sticker?

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
They're just moving from MY19 to MY20 model year manufacture. Maybe there's a change in specs and yours can't be completed to your order?
Sponsored

OP
OP

AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X
They're just moving from MY19 to MY20 model year manufacture. Maybe there's a change in specs and yours can't be completed to your order?
Perhaps that's the problem, I would have hoped it wouldn't take more 4 months after ordering for them to realise though, feel sick to my stomach, I can't be arsed to restart the order process and hope if I am lucky Ford may give me a car some time in 2020, I have no faith they won't just go an cancel again. :thumbsdown::crying:

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Perhaps that's the problem, I would have hoped it wouldn't take more 4 months after ordering for them to realise though, feel sick to my stomach, I can't be arsed to restart the order process and hope if I am lucky Ford may give me a car some time in 2020, I have no faith they won't just go an cancel again. :thumbsdown::crying:
Which is one of the reasons I went for a car from stock when my custom order was delayed. If you follow the US order threads, Ford is useless at custom orders - US dealers order loads of stock and most people buy dealer-ordered cars off the lot. It makes no sense waiting 6 months for a mass produced car - if I'd known what I know now I wouldn't have bothered...I would have gone straight to dealer stock and had a car 6 months sooner.

OP
OP

AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I was told it wasn't monitored. So also try [email protected] or Vicci Pritchard [email protected]
Thanks for that, much appreciated, they've replied already so at least I know why the VIN is no longer valid as they have deserialised it and will plan it into a 2020MY build schedule in the future. No idea what that means for an ETA and I don't know if there are any differences between 19MY and 20MY yet.

Sponsored

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Thanks for that, much appreciated, they've replied already so at least I know why the VIN is no longer valid as they have deserialised it and will plan it into a 2020MY build schedule in the future. No idea what that means for an ETA and I don't know if there are any differences between 19MY and 20MY yet.
I'm sure there's a thread on the main forum somewhere, but from memory:

Colour changes: Ruby Red, Ingot Silver and NFG replaced by new colours
Seats: Passenger seat only gets 4-way electric adjustment versus 6-way on the MY19 (so seat base up/down as a whole rather than front and back independently)

OP
OP

AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure there's a thread on the main forum somewhere, but from memory:

Colour changes: Ruby Red, Ingot Silver and NFG replaced by new colours
Seats: Passenger seat only gets 4-way electric adjustment versus 6-way on the MY19 (so seat base up/down as a whole rather than front and back independently)
Thanks trying to find the thread, not great about the passenger seat but not a deal breaker the main thing is there'd better not be any power reduction. Someone else has emailed back to say that due to WLPT and enhanced emission testing changes coming into force, Mustangs will resume build 12th August. I have no idea what that means, but we are looking at Feb/March 2020 at earliest I would think, and no reason to think that my car will be one of the first out of production. Totally fed up with the whole thing, will see if I can find dealer stock close to my spec but doubtful.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Thanks trying to find the thread, not great about the passenger seat but not a deal breaker the main thing is there'd better not be any power reduction. Someone else has emailed back to say that due to WLPT and enhanced emission testing changes coming into force, Mustangs will resume build 12th August. I have no idea what that means, but we are looking at Feb/March 2020 at earliest I would think, and no reason to think that my car will be one of the first out of production. Totally fed up with the whole thing, will see if I can find dealer stock close to my spec but doubtful.
You should receive it a lot sooner than that, as my car was built the 1st of August last year and delivered the the 1st week of October, that was with a three week gate release delay

OP
OP

AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
You should receive it a lot sooner than that, as my car was built the 1st of August last year and delivered the the 1st week of October, that was with a three week gate release delay
Oh ok, I just assumed that I would be right back at the start of the original 6month ish order process. Will see what the dealer can tell me when they get back to me.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I wouldn’t hold to much for the dealer knowing much unless you found a good one, as most are useless and you will know more than them :cwl:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Oh ok, I just assumed that I would be right back at the start of the original 6month ish order process. Will see what the dealer can tell me when they get back to me.
I'd expect you'll still have your place in the queue and your wait will be dictated by when they do RHD production runs. The'll likely start scheduling ahead of production restarting for the 2020 so you may know more soon.
This is obviously speculation based on what's happened in previous years. Keep pestering the dealer.

OP
OP

AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I'd expect you'll still have your place in the queue and your wait will be dictated by when they do RHD production runs. The'll likely start scheduling ahead of production restarting for the 2020 so you may know more soon.
This is obviously speculation based on what's happened in previous years. Keep pestering the dealer.
Hopefully, they will hold a place in the queue and will hopefully get an August build slot. I understand it take about 2 months from leaving the assembly plant to ready for collection so end of October would be best case I think. I've had nothing back from the dealer yet, but Ford told me it's due to WLTP enhanced emissions which seem to be coming in for new registrations on 1st September. I assume they weren't sure it would get her before then, probably effects all EU cars at the moment. I will pester the dealer tomorrow as he said it would take up to 4 days.....even though I found out in about 12hours thanks to the forum members.:clap::thumbsup:

OP
OP

AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I've decided today to cancel the order, not sure if I will get my deposit back but looking to buy either a used or from dealer stock. Hopefully the dealer will understand, the fact that they can't deliver a 2019MY car that I ordered and Ford de-serialized the car so I don't even have a VIN I think makes my case a little stronger that orders can be cancelled but resigned to the fact may lose a grand.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Why not try carwow, should find one with a few grand off the price which is in stock :like:

Damo66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Why not try carwow, should find one with a few grand off the price which is in stock :like:
That's exactly what i did and it worked very well for me, i did not want to wait 6 months plus for a Mustang, found Bedford Fordstore through Car Wow and they had a car on its way to them with all the extras i wanted only had to wait a month and with the added information provided by Eclipsar i was able to track the progress of my car.
Sponsored