Sponsored

Build date from VIN ?

Toploader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muscle
Have searched but nothing I can see - is there anyway to find a specific build date from the VIN ?

I'm looking at '17's mostly but curious to know how far back they may have been built.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
window sticker look at the "Blend date" at the top :)

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
OP
OP

Toploader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muscle
Thanks for the info everyone. I had previously registered on Etis but had forgotten about it !

Its showing me a January '17 build and March '17 UK registration.

Cannot get the window sticker though - sadly not available for the car in question.

Hoping to avoid the air con evaporator issues which hopefully are much reduced on the later cars.

Anything else to be aware of at this build point ?

Sponsored

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Thanks for the info everyone. I had previously registered on Etis but had forgotten about it !

Its showing me a January '17 build and March '17 UK registration.

Cannot get the window sticker though - sadly not available for the car in question.

Hoping to avoid the air con evaporator issues which hopefully are much reduced on the later cars.

Anything else to be aware of at this build point ?
The Build Date is actually located on the Door Jamb Sticker
YYYYMMDD
My Door Jamb Sticker-a.jpg

OP
OP

Toploader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muscle
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I was already registered on Etis but had forgotten. Did the window sticker and printed it off as well.

I'm looking at a Jan '17 built 5.0. There are two potential issues that came to mind namely the air con evaporator failures and the oil cooler failures. Anyone know the latest on these ?

Thanks !

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I was already registered on Etis but had forgotten. Did the window sticker and printed it off as well.

I'm looking at a Jan '17 built 5.0. There are two potential issues that came to mind namely the air con evaporator failures and the oil cooler failures. Anyone know the latest on these ?

Thanks !
Your not going to get a recall on either of those, as it’s going to be easier for Ford to let the warranty run out and only change what actually fail in warranty

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Any one any idea wen the last 17’s were built? Mines got a build date of 28th August 2017 so can’t be far off one of the last ones with August/September being the switchover on model years usually.

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Any one any idea wen the last 17’s were built? Mines got a build date of 28th August 2017 so can’t be far off one of the last ones with August/September being the switchover on model years usually.
I believe the last production date was 21st September 2017; the latest production date for RHD I've seen on here previously was July 2017.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Infact Just checked my blue one and that’s 8th of August 17, only 20 days apart what are the odds lol
Sponsored