Sponsored

How important is magnaride for daily driving?

Brian Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
So I may be trading in my '16 GT with a Kenne Bell for a '19 or '20 and will likely be adding another supercharger or turbo. The car will be my daily and will occasionally make it to the track, but it's mainly my daily. How important is the magnaride for handling and driving comfort? My '16 is lowered and has some BMR parts so the ride quality is okay, but not great on the rough city streets around here. Also how difficult is it to lower the magnaride if I decide it sits too high? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
So I may be trading in my '16 GT with a Kenne Bell for a '19 or '20 and will likely be adding another supercharger or turbo. The car will be my daily and will occasionally make it to the track, but it's mainly my daily. How important is the magnaride for handling and driving comfort? My '16 is lowered and has some BMR parts so the ride quality is okay, but not great on the rough city streets around here. Also how difficult is it to lower the magnaride if I decide it sits too high? Thanks in advance.
Id buy my car with it again, id order a car with it again. If its a option on any future car i will have it. I personally love it. Its not as huge of a difference as my friends 1SS 1LE but i can tell without looking if im in normal, track or sport mode. i dont know if my butt is calibrated enough to tell a difference between track and sport, but over a certain rode i can tell a difference between normal and the others. I dont know if Drag mode makes a difference in actual drag racing over say proper vikings setup. but i do plan to test hit after my drag pack arrives lol

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Steeda mag ride lowering springs.

I chose these because it's not a drastic increase in spring rates, like other offerings. It's slightly stiffer than stock but very liveable.

You won't get the full experience of mag ride in a test drive. The car feels so much more stable and planted than my 2015 GTPP did.

So yes, get the mag ride.
20191101_174458.jpg

OP
OP
Brian Z.

Brian Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT

I chose these because it's not a drastic increase in spring rates, like other offerings. It's slightly stiffer than stock but very liveable.

You won't get the full experience of mag ride in a test drive. The car feels so much more stable and planted than my 2015 GTPP did.

20191101_174458.jpg
Steeda offers two different sets of springs for the magnaride. Did you get the dual rate springs or the other? Thanks.

Sponsored

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT

20191101_174458.jpg
Which grilles are these?

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
Magnaride makes my totally stock pp1 ride really nice on interstates, at high speed the car feels super stable and really planted to the roadway.
Around town it still seems to be quite a bit better then a non-magnaride equipped car.
I would always order any car I buy, if offered , with magnaride.
Definitely worth the cost to me.

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
i also agree to get it. my PP2 is a more comfortable drive than my infiniti g35 sedan was when i traded it in.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I skipped it twice on a 19 and a 20 and don't regret it. This car drives and handles great without it. I am sure it's very nice but it's quite a price increase to get it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brian Z.

Brian Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Might be a dumb question but do you still have wheel hop with the magna-ride suspension?

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Might be a dumb question but do you still have wheel hop with the magna-ride suspension?
Yes, but not nearly as bad.

I had a 2015 GTPP and now have a 2018 GTPP with mag ride. The difference in ride is staggering.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but not nearly as bad.

I had a 2015 GTPP and now have a 2018 GTPP with mag ride. The difference in ride is staggering.
Are you comparing a stock suspension gtpp to a mag ride gtpp or was the ‘15 pp1 modified?

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
I am biased as I own a Magneride car but I test drove two GTs without it and those test drives confirmed to me that the Magneride was absolutely necessary to make normal and spirited driving on terribly surfaced UK roads (think Detroit conditions) bearable. The standard suspension was over sprung and under damped and gave you no confidence whatsoever.

The only other thing that needs a change ASAP is a switch from the 3.55 Trac-lok LSD for a Torsen as the clutches can't seem to decide when to lock the diff and how much in a corner.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Are you comparing a stock suspension gtpp to a mag ride gtpp or was the ‘15 pp1 modified?
Stock to stock. My modified 2015 GTPP suspension was comparable to the stock 2018 GTPP with mag ride. I know the front wheel bearings are different on mag ride cars, not sure if there's more. My mag car now has suspension mods and normal still drives very nicely. Sport+ is a smudge better than my stock 5th gen 1le was and track mode is outstanding.
Sponsored