Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Even during the day, I have had HP cars try to tailgate me.
With all due respect for LEOs, that's harassment, plain and simple. Kudos on color choice, btw.

I agree with other posters with regard to how the brighter colors stand apart. The brighter colors are spirited in comparison to the subtle ones. Easy to find, easy to see (hence "safer"), and refreshing to see in a field of similarly colored cars. Precisely why I chose to drive orange and green ones! Lucky for me, I've got a while before I'm ready to buy. Time to arrive at a decision I can live with.
Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
totally agree, that is BS. No need for behavior like that, gives the rest who are trying to do the right thing a bad stigma. I can tell you for a fact that the color of you car has NOTHING to do with the attention it grabs. It is the visual observation of initial speed that attracts the attention. Maybe people choose red for their sports cars more often, and people with sports cars drive faster than most others. Who knows, always a different way of looking at things. :cheers:

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
i was reverse! magnetic was first until i saw co beside it!....still constantly deabating between the two.
I still love CO, and will get one eventually. You can't go wrong either way!

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
I've always wanted black/black. Then I saw a RR with black wheels and black ott stripes, so I decided that was the way I should go. Heart set. Besides, everyone does black/black. Then our trainer brought a CO. I'd be hard pressed to pick if I had a RR GTPP 401A and a CO GTPP 401A in front of me. Then my mom bought a RR 2015 Expedition 2 weeks ago. I can't buy the same color as my mom. My customer who ordered the CO GTVert says that means I have to go TY so I don't have the same color as her. But our porter has a yellow 05. ARG!

PJE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base Ecoboost Mustang - Ingot Silver
Color is a very personal decision, and I would never disagree with anyone's choice. I wish I could have gone with a bright color - and might have gone Grabber Blue if it was available, but ended up with Ingot Silver which I also love.

The only color I've been disappointed by has been Guard - I was expecting to love the color, but the times I've seen it the green didn't show enough. In the right light I would it expect to show much better.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
I saw a RR with black wheels and black ott stripes, so I decided that was the way I should go. Heart set.
Stick with your original "love" and tell everyone that yours was ordered a long time ago!

Color is a very personal decision, and I would never disagree with anyone's choice. I wish I could have gone with a bright color - and might have gone Grabber Blue if it was available, but ended up with Ingot Silver which I also love.
I agree completely! There's no "right or wrong" color, unless your purchase is influenced by external forces. Buying something solely upon public opinion is a big mistake because you're not doing something to please yourself, but to please others, which should be meaningless. If you go with your gut, how can you possibly be "wrong?"

My big issue has always been with my fickle nature; I get bored with things easily, so much so that I often trade out of cars that I still haven't paid off! Not exactly an economically sound practice.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
For me I have a hard time owning a green colored car. Fav color is red so most of my cars have been a shade of red. I own 2 comp orange mustangs now and love the color. I would still buy red but orange was too tempting when it was offered. My wife has a sonic blue focus and still hard to drive it for me. Color is major for me. If a car lineup doesn't offer red then I don't even consider it.

Mike G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
My big issue has always been with my fickle nature; I get bored with things easily, so much so that I often trade out of cars that I still haven't paid off! Not exactly an economically sound practice.
Virginia, California, and now Seattle? Man, you've moved around a lot! Nice history of the post-Fox body Stangs!

So since you've run the lighter side of the spectrum pretty well, how about black? Not a swipe at the color, but it's about as high maintenance as you can get...you'll never tire of the color because you'll be too busy getting it to look like that original showroom condition.

Pokergeneg

POKERGENE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO
I'm 3 mos away from my 73rd yr and all of my vehicles has been sport cars and
they have all been red. My GT Premium (Auto) "CO" 401A 50 yr pk 3.55 NAV is
the coolest color and the most fun car I have ever driven and that includes a 75
455 Transam. And for you color-blind guys, CO is orange period......................
"I may date a Plain Jane but I will never drive one".

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Virginia, California, and now Seattle? Man, you've moved around a lot! Nice history of the post-Fox body Stangs!
Actually, I grew up in New York! So yeah, I've been around. But I think I'm about ready to settle down here in the PNW. Love the green and rain doesn't bother me a bit. Thanks for remarking on my stable. I've enjoyed every one. And the Black EcoBoost I test drove was stunning. I couldn't believe how stunning it looked. My last black car was a '71 Dodge Charger Super Bee, and it was a beauty when it was clean!

I'm 3 mos away from my 73rd yr and all of my vehicles has been sport cars and they have all been red.
Awesome! Life is too short to drive something dull. (One of the reasons I got out of my Subie.) I applaud your point of view and look forward to hearing more about your new Mustang.

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Black is a gorgeous color but it shows the swirl marks and every tiny little bit of scratch and dust on the car. U fall in love with it after the car wash and the next day its dirty. My last car was a black ls3 camaro and i did everything to keep it clean including paint protections wax and all but i gave up at some point cause it makes you sad to see all the imperfections on the car everytime u look at it. Now i have the ingot silver mustang and i m so glad with the color. It looks clean shinny and gorgeous at all times. It is also easy to buff the scratches on the body. My next choice would have been magnetic, it blends in with dirt and dust, also looks really nice when its all shinny. The color comes in handy when u want to sell or trade in the car for the future as well. A cleaner looking car with less visible scratches will value more, keep that in mind as well. Choose wisely!

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Fate intervened and I met Qwkynuf in person today. I got to check out his Ruby Red GT. OMG that alone practically derailed my "Magnetic is for me" thinking! What a GORGEOUS color! His ride looks awesome, especially with the 50 Year Appearance Package. Well worth the extra cost. Beautiful color and definitely worthy of consideration. By the time I am ready to take delivery, I'll be over my red Subie, so I could be ready for a new RED car. ;)

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Fate intervened and I met Qwkynuf in person today. I got to check out his Ruby Red GT. OMG that alone practically derailed my "Magnetic is for me" thinking! What a GORGEOUS color! His ride looks awesome, especially with the 50 Year Appearance Package. Well worth the extra cost. Beautiful color and definitely worthy of consideration. By the time I am ready to take delivery, I'll be over my red Subie, so I could be ready for a new RED car. ;)

That's exactly what I'm saying! When you see this car in ANY color, and not next to another '15 in a different color, it'll look amazing. Each color is stunning because of the flawless design and lines on this car.

- I know you've already seen the photos of my Magnetic... but just to keep it fresh in your mind... ;) http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14737

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
I know what you mean. The Ruby Red was always our first choice with Magnetic running a "very" close second. We also happened to see a Ruby Red GT last week as we were passing a neighboring Ford dealer. Needless to say, we made a quick U-Turn to check it out. The color on the internet Ford site or in the various photos we've seen doesn't do it justice. It's even more impressive in person! So much so that we couldn't help stroking the paint with our hands, lol. :D

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Each color is stunning because of the flawless design and lines on this car. I know you've already seen the photos of my Magnetic... but just to keep it fresh in your mind... ;)
I agree! And if there were ANYONE to convince me to get into a Magnetic, it would be YOU! Those pix you posted make the color irresistible. Very tempting. I like how it gathers and scatters the light and color from its surroundings. It's a very unique effect.

The color on the internet Ford site or in the various photos we've seen doesn't do it justice. It's even more impressive in person! So much so that we couldn't help stroking the paint with our hands, lol. :D
I finally get it! It's amazing how much punch color delivers in the flesh. Ford isn't it making it easy to decide. Like others have said, you really can't go wrong with any color.

It's always the long term satisfaction that gives you pause. That said, I've had SEVEN cars in the past ten years (two of them Mustangs), which means I don't hold onto things very long. So… Even if I make a purchase and develop buyer's remorse, it'll be short lived. LOL
Sponsored