How bad is my car doing?

Vapor2.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost mustang
Hey so I have a 2015 ecoboost mustang and I'm in the process of getting it tuned
I have
Ngk spark plugs iridium 3k miles no them
New LPS
Clean catch can
I use 91 pump gas from Chevron or VP in California
Anyone have any ideas what could be going on here or what I can do to fix my OAR?
Also my car has 76k miles on it but the engine only has about 30k I blew the engine replaced with used engine

PXL_20231217_232228667.jpg
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Misfire count isn't too important unless it's ticking up at a constant pace. OAR is just a function of how crap the gas is. Obviously you want to be closer to -1 than 1, but that doesn't seem unreasonable or anything. But it will limit your max boost somewhat. Have you tried VP101 or boostane or something for a tank to see what the OAR does?

OP
OP

Vapor2.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost mustang
Misfire count isn't too important unless it's ticking up at a constant pace. OAR is just a function of how crap the gas is. Obviously you want to be closer to -1 than 1, but that doesn't seem unreasonable or anything. But it will limit your max boost somewhat. Have you tried VP101 or boostane or something for a tank to see what the OAR does?
So I'm still trying to get my tune done currently I'm tuning for 91 but my tuner will not finish my tune till my OAR is down to near -1 because he's convinced that its pulling my timing
I could honestly car less about the missfires because I know their caused by the unfinished tune

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So I'm still trying to get my tune done currently I'm tuning for 91 but my tuner will not finish my tune till my OAR is down to near -1 because he's convinced that its pulling my timing
I could honestly car less about the missfires because I know their caused by the unfinished tune
LMAO that's straight up nonsense. Get a new tuner. OAR is a safety factor that limits borderline timing and boost based on fuel quality. So unless he expects you to run race gas or octane booster on every tank, he needs to re-evaluate the timing he's trying to run. Is he a complete novice on this platform?

OP
OP

Vapor2.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost mustang
LMAO that's straight up nonsense. Get a new tuner. OAR is a safety factor that limits borderline timing and boost based on fuel quality. So unless he expects you to run race gas or octane booster on every tank, he needs to re-evaluate the timing he's trying to run. Is he a complete novice on this platform?
Honestly it's starting to piss me off because I've been trying to tune my car for a year now and this has been the issue it's Adam from tuneplus that's doing it

Do you have any station recommendations for 91 fuel I love in Cali

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Honestly it's starting to piss me off because I've been trying to tune my car for a year now and this has been the issue it's Adam from tuneplus that's doing it

Do you have any station recommendations for 91 fuel I love in Cali
Try a 4oz boostane shot or find some VP101 and see what changes. But chevron and Valero should be good quality even in Cali

OP
OP

Vapor2.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost mustang
Try a 4oz boostane shot or find some VP101 and see what changes. But chevron and Valero should be good quality even in Cali
I started using VP fuel 91 and I added 5 gal of vp100 octane right now it's looking better but I think I have to let it mix fully in my tank
Should I add boostane on top of that?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I started using VP fuel 91 and I added 5 gal of vp100 octane right now it's looking better but I think I have to let it mix fully in my tank
Should I add boostane on top of that?
No, 5 gal of 100 is plenty. OAR learns faster when you accelerate moderately in higher gears too (no flooring it though).

OP
OP

Vapor2.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost mustang
No, 5 gal of 100 is plenty. OAR learns faster when you accelerate moderately in higher gears too (no flooring it though).
Yeah I realized that I've been gradually increasing throttle but on the drive I did it only came down .3 because it was at .58 and now it's at .53 so maybe I need to wipe learning and see what happens

OP
OP

Vapor2.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost mustang
OAR has still been shit ever time I get on the throttle at all the oar immediately climbs starts at -1.00 if I reset and after driving slow for awhile and getting on the throttle at all immediately climbs to +0 or higher idk what to do at this point I've tried everything but my cars correction is still just horrible

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
have you tried switching back to the OTS tune? I'm pretty sure ive seen my OAR dip down from 1 to .9 when running 93 on 91 OTS when running a HDPE event and the car was pretty hot.
Sponsored