Sponsored

How are you protecting your car in your garage?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Is it de-clawed
That cruel to do to a cat. Lets amputate your fingers to the first knuckle if you don't believe me.

Anyways, I use painters plastic. it's like 1 or 2mm thick. I also have a dehumidifier in the garage.
Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Dust doesn't, last I checked, but throwing a car cover on a dusty car will lol.
I park in my apartments garage which is so dirty I would have to wash the car every day if I didn't use a car cover. I would worry about scratching it every time I took the cover on or off. Ever since I got the ppf I am much less worried about stuff rubbing against or hitting the car.

I agree, I love my little fuzzy creatures. I love your mindset, kudos. However, this mindset doesn't apply to the random inconsiderate people that roam the streets. People know better, animals don't.
Animals dont have malice, people who touch other peoples cars can burn in hell.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I have a wider then normal garage and park my two Mustangs in it. My 68 is driven in, my 2017 is backed in. So the doors open in between the cars. The wider garage allows either Mustang door to fully open without hitting the other car.
No one gets into either car, except me, inside the garage. The passenger doors space is too narrow to open the doors. Great way to prevent someone else from opening the passenger doors.
I cover both cars in the winter. After I put the covers on I add some thick moving company pads hanging down to cover all sides of both cars to give a thicker protection, just in case. Although I am the only person that uses my garage. But my snowblower and lawn mower are stored in this garage.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I read most of these posts and wanted to share a mouse in my Mustang story. I had new siding put on my garage. I didn't realize the contractor uncovered a hole next to the side door. So that next winter mice got into my Mustang garage. Worse, I covered my 68 Stang and left the windows down for moisture concerns. Those damn critters used the car cover to climb up the inside of the cover and enter the car through the open window. The next spring I discovered the smell and a nest in my club jacket in the folded down rear seat. No critters. Moth balls on the on the garage floor did not discourage them. I found the opening next to the door and filled it with steel wool, then sealed it up. As for the car I contacted a couple of detail shops looking for someone to get the urine smell out. Apparently the leader of the mouse pack uses urine to mark the trail to the nest. One detailer told me the only way he knew to get rid of the smell was to set the car on fire. I didn't take the car to him. I did find a guy that did an excellent job. It took a couple of hot summers to get rid of the smell though. I now use a moisture removal product in both cars with the windows barely cracked. My car cover also no longer reaches the floor. And using the drier sheets. That happened 4 years ago. So far no additional mouse issues.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Clever. I like that idea.
I actually did this. A couple of issues: The noodle is right in the way when you try to walk between cars. Also, you can only hang it so far back before opening the garage door bumps the line. If you can live with that it does help a little.

My wife got a new Mazda and I did not want it to end up like her old Honda. The point on our Mustang door is a natural ding-maker.

3A95B00E-A8C9-4448-BEE0-4FDF2672139E.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Death Threats have worked for me for 18 years now! My Bride & Kids know I’m “Just a Little OCD” when it comes to my cars!

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I would take the Mustang to the Junk yard and have it crushed into a cube before I take Jesse or any of my animals to an animal shelter. I have adopted several animals from the shelter, I feed stray animals, rescue them when I can, and pay for vet car out of my own pocket. Jesse was a stray kitten who showed up in my yard one day and was living in my outside boat before we adopted her. Jesse is part of my family while the Mustang is just a car.

I feel sorry for anyone who loves a car more than a pet. That is just sad.
No need to feel sorry for me, we have five dogs, four cats, and a fox, all rescues, and my wife runs a Facebook group that helps lost animals find their owners or get rehomed. It's practically her life. We do our part.

If we can't find a home for a stray animal it is going to the shelter though. :thumbsup:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
No need to feel sorry for me, we have five dogs, four cats, and a fox, all rescues, and my wife runs a Facebook group that helps lost animals find their owners or get rehomed. It's practically her life. We do our part.

If we can't find a home for a stray animal it is going to the shelter though. :thumbsup:
any pics of fox?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The Mustang shares a garage with 3 other vehicles. In it's usual resting spot, I have attached these foam pads to the wall to avoid paint damage on the doors.

IMG_E1903.jpg

IMG_E1896.jpg

IMG_E1894.jpg

Not being a dailys, I also have Covercraft covers to protect from dust.

IMG-3754.jpg

DSC-0261.jpg

DSC-0325.jpg

I'm also wary of where things are stored in the garage to avoid potential damage if something falls or if a door is carelessly opened.

Sponsored

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Is that by chance a satin cover from Car Covers Factory ?
I bought it from car covers.com and love it. Fits perfect and also machine washable. It is on its 3rd year and looks like the day I first got it. It is satin and is a dust cover.
Sponsored