Sponsored

How are you protecting your car in your garage?

mach1mustangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX 5.0, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Just a basic car cover and park it under my Foxbody. :cwl:

IMG_1799[1].JPG
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
boat bumpers :cwl:

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Many people are so inconsiderate today. I posted this a long time ago but feel it may add some humor to this subject.
I came out of a Mall a while back and as I approached my parked car a woman was digging through her pocketbook on my trunk lid. Many of these pocketbooks have small metal feet that scratch big time. I approached cautiously and asked "What are you doing"
She gave me a dirty look and said "I'm looking for my keys" "I said here let me help you" Then I grabbed her pocketbook and threw it across the parking lot. I then got into my car and slowly drove away, checking her in my rear view picking up all her junk. I had a brand new 2011 GT at the time and I will never forget that day it put a smile on my face.
Yeah I got one for ya like that. I used to work in a city center and park in those expensive public lots where you pay out the backend for the privilege of someone usually dinging your vehicle each day. I used to go eat in my truck on lunch. Anyway, one time I'm in the truck and a city work truck pulls into the spot next to me. Two guys get out and the one guy proceeds to start setting up their entire lunch on the hood of my truck like a damn picnic. I gave him a moment, figuring he would see me in there but nope - he had a full course meal splayed out on the hood of my truck. I jumped out and yelled at him about it, to which he responded: "oh sorry, didn't see you in there.." WHAT?! What difference does it make?!

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Typical people being people. Ef people. They ruin everything that isn't theirs. We don't want to go crazy trying to prevent damage to our cars or other belongings but we're forced to because of people. I admit to getting irrationally angry over my car and food I order. Those are just things that get under my skin. So I make my own food and try not to take my car to places where it's left unattended. And I'm totally the guy that will get rid on animals before my car. I live with a dog and 2 cats and hate the 2 cats. I'd never hurt any of them but the shedding and puking and pooping all over the house is more than I ever want to deal with. Ef cats!

Disclaimer: I may be moderately imbalanced right now in my minds eye and all.

Reactions: XS

Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I have a side entrance garage so very roomy and deep for 2 cars. No issues (knock on wood) for over 8 years.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah I got one for ya like that. I used to work in a city center and park in those expensive public lots where you pay out the backend for the privilege of someone usually dinging your vehicle each day. I used to go eat in my truck on lunch. Anyway, one time I'm in the truck and a city work truck pulls into the spot next to me. Two guys get out and the one guy proceeds to start setting up their entire lunch on the hood of my truck like a damn picnic. I gave him a moment, figuring he would see me in there but nope - he had a full coarse meal splayed out on the hood of my truck. I jumped out and yelled at him about it, to which he responded: "oh sorry, didn't see you in there.." WHAT?! What difference does it make?!
Can't believe you didn't drive off scattering his lunch to the wind and asphalt.

• Haha

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I dont think dust hurts cars. so I dont cover them personally. in spring I just use a hose and rinse all the stuff off.
Dust doesn't, last I checked, but throwing a car cover on a dusty car will lol.

I would take the Mustang to the Junk yard and have it crushed into a cube before I take Jesse or any of my animals to an animal shelter. I have adopted several animals from the shelter, I feed stray animals, rescue them when I can, and pay for vet car out of my own pocket. Jesse was a stray kitten who showed up in my yard one day and was living in my outside boat before we adopted her. Jesse is part of my family while the Mustang is just a car.

I feel sorry for anyone who loves a car more than a pet. That is just sad.
I agree, I love my little fuzzy creatures. I love your mindset, kudos. However, this mindset doesn't apply to the random inconsiderate people that roam the streets. People know better, animals don't.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
El Gato protects Maggneto in the Garage.
20190216_084418.jpg
Is it de-clawed?

I ask because the father of a friend of mine in my 20s had a show car with some ridiculous number of coats of paint. His father's cat was sitting on the trunk of the car when I started my chambered H2 right next to it. The cat panicked and sort of ran in place on the slick paint until his claws roughed it up enough to gain traction. Fortunately my friend grabbed his dad because despite the awesome acceleration of the H2, I don't think I could have escaped his grasp.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I had a 2003 Cobra and parked it in the garage on the passenger side of my wife’s SUV. One day I noticed a line of 4 or 5 small, identical dings at exactly the same height from the ground, on the Cobra’s quarterpanel. Asked my son, who was about 6 at the time, if he was hitting the Cobra with the door when he got out of the back seat of the SUV. “Yup” he said. I went semi ballistic and he said “hey, it’s not my fault that mom parks too close to your car.” Damn kids.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I had a 2003 Cobra and parked it in the garage on the passenger side of my wife’s SUV. One day I noticed a line of 4 or 5 small, identical dings at exactly the same height from the ground, on the Cobra’s quarterpanel. Asked my son, who was about 6 at the time, if he was hitting the Cobra with the door when he got out of the back seat of the SUV. “Yup” he said. I went semi ballistic and he said “hey, it’s not my fault that mom parks too close to your car.” Damn kids.
And he saw 7?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
My wife parks too close also. Found a scratch on front fender passenger side, matched the height of my son's bicycle handle, but nobody knew anything. I tried fine sandpaper to get it out, which I had done on my other car. To my shock it ruined the paint on my 2017 GT. So I had to have the Dealership fix it. Yikes.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Is it de-clawed?

I ask because the father of a friend of mine in my 20s had a show car with some ridiculous number of coats of paint. His father's cat was sitting on the trunk of the car when I started my chambered H2 right next to it. The cat panicked and sort of ran in place on the slick paint until his claws roughed it up enough to gain traction. Fortunately my friend grabbed his dad because despite the awesome acceleration of the H2, I don't think I could have escaped his grasp.
mines not declawed, but I have expel PPF. out of curiosity I scuffed up the Ppf in non conspicuous spot with wire strands, then used hot water on them. the marks went away. since all my parallel surfaces are PPF'd my cat can jump up and hangout hood etc with no real issues

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I would have started the vehicle an revved the living crap out of it while blowing the horn.

Yeah I got one for ya like that. I used to work in a city center and park in those expensive public lots where you pay out the backend for the privilege of someone usually dinging your vehicle each day. I used to go eat in my truck on lunch. Anyway, one time I'm in the truck and a city work truck pulls into the spot next to me. Two guys get out and the one guy proceeds to start setting up their entire lunch on the hood of my truck like a damn picnic. I gave him a moment, figuring he would see me in there but nope - he had a full course meal splayed out on the hood of my truck. I jumped out and yelled at him about it, to which he responded: "oh sorry, didn't see you in there.." WHAT?! What difference does it make?!
Sponsored