HORN HONKING WHEN STARTING

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
JUST GOT THE CAR BACK FROM BEING WORKED ON. NOW EVERY TIME I START IT, IT HONKS ONCE. NOT TWICE WHICH WOULD INDICATE THAT THE FOB BATTERY NEEDED CHANGING, BUT JUST ONCE. ANY BODY EVER HAVE THIS HAPPEN?
Sponsored

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY MESSED SOMETHING UP IN FORSCAN

Should be an easy fix.
Think you might be right. Just incase I changed the battery in the key and it is still doing it. Just the one honk. Trouble is I don't have FORSCAN and have never used it. Wouldn't know where to look.

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
Think you might be right. Just incase I changed the battery in the key and it is still doing it. Just the one honk. Trouble is I don't have FORSCAN and have never used it. Wouldn't know where to look.
First of all, that color is awesome. Second-the setting to make it not do the double honk thing when it's running and you get out is in BCM I think, so the setting is probably there as well*. If you have a USB OBD connector, even if it's not the recommended one, you might be able to use the 2-month free license for the software and take a look.

*assuming that is the problem

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Just to see if it's the fob use ford pass app to start your car and see if you still get the honk.
also turn off your cell phone. I've read somewhere that if your car diesnt know your in the car but you have fob it'll honk once thinking you've left keys keys in the car .hope it works

Last edited:

Sponsored

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado, 2019 GT350, 2022 Mach-E
JUST GOT THE CAR BACK FROM BEING WORKED ON. NOW EVERY TIME I START IT, IT HONKS ONCE. NOT TWICE WHICH WOULD INDICATE THAT THE FOB BATTERY NEEDED CHANGING, BUT JUST ONCE. ANY BODY EVER HAVE THIS HAPPEN?
Car color and writing style aligns with the complaint. Button stuck on from overuse? :D