knighthawk

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch / 2017 GT350
Sounds quite nice. Removes a ton of the rasp, but keeps the more exotic sound. Quite tame on volume, too. I dig it for a street car
Thanks for the input. I have been playing the video of the Hooker system and the Stainless Works Redline system back to back constantly and I can't decide. The Hooker sounds like you said, a bit smoother of a sound, more towards the exotic, where the Redline sounds like it's a bit louder (which is fine) with a bit more rasp to it.

I generally hate the same repetitive exhaust threads but I don't think I've ever really seen anyone with either of these systems so I'm interested in hearing any input. These two are rarely talked about, and Stainless Works usually only gets mentioned when talking about headers/full system.

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
I'm not sure about it honestly. Sounds not much different than a stock R or the 350 with the resonators removed.

OP
OP
knighthawk

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure about it honestly. Sounds not much different than a stock R or the 350 with the resonators removed.
Yeah I already have the Corsa X pipe. I'm looking for just a bit more sound. It's nice don't get me wrong, but I want a bit more. I'm wondering if the Stainless Works Redline catback is more what I'm looking for.

Sponsored

OP
OP
knighthawk

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Sounds quite nice. Removes a ton of the rasp, but keeps the more exotic sound. Quite tame on volume, too. I dig it for a street car
Should have asked previously, but Have you heard this one in person?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
OP
OP
knighthawk

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)

This is the other system I've got my eye on. Not sure if anyone has heard the Redline system in person?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

This is the other system I've got my eye on. Not sure if anyone has heard the Redline system in person?
Sounds similar to the ARH system which is awesome!

OP
OP
knighthawk

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
With headers on it sounds incredible. I'm looking at going catback only for now. So torn on the direction I want to go here.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
With headers on it sounds incredible. I'm looking at going catback only for now. So torn on the direction I want to go here.
Personally don't think it's worth the $$ of changing the cat back system. Huge money for nothing but a sound change. Even long tubes don't change much but sound. The real gains are going with high flow cats or catless. Catless is just too loud for the street, so highflow cats with a proper muffler is a good compromise.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
My favorite "Street" setup is the ARH long tubes, high flow cats, resonators, and their mufflers. Sounds exotic, but still deep enough to be easily identifiable as American muscle.

Sarpedon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sh*tbox
My favorite "Street" setup is the ARH long tubes, high flow cats, resonators, and their mufflers. Sounds exotic, but still deep enough to be easily identifiable as American muscle.
Strongly agree. Obsessed Garage has a good series of videos on the GT350 with the full ARH system. Sounds like an evil Ferrari.

Sounds in different scenarios:

Comparison with stock:

Driving with the windows down (and an unfortunately large amount annoying conversation):

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Has anyone gotten this Blackheart cat back? Curious as to impressions and power gains.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I love using my Kooks step LT with the O/R pipe, and I still use the OEM mufflers. Quiet mode when I need it and outright terror when its open. I have had many tell me how good my car sounds leaving and revving beyond 5
Sponsored