Hood struts...

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Black redline struts on my car, pulled the stickers and they look factory. If you want to be extra, some owners have had Ford Performance or Shelby stickers made for them.
Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Donā€™t be so dramatic dude, itā€™s a slot in the plastic battery cover. Not what most would refer to as ā€œhuge differenceā€

The difference in those options is all appearance. The shock is the same on all of them.
Drilling into my car to me is huge. If it isnā€™t to you thatā€™s 100% acceptable. I did also mention it was just in the rubber piece.

Vectors2Final

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 BL Navi L/19 GT350 Ruby
Redline is perfect.

Who gives two shits about a $20 piece of plastic.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Ordered the MRT carbon fiber edition. Should be here Tuesday.

Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Do you have a pic? Wondering how that Carbon Fiber looks. I do wish they would hurry up and get performance blue as an option.
Installed and removed the next day. Here is why: hood would not align properly on passenger side no matter how much I attempted to adjust the hood. A few other things that caught my attention; they are carbon dipped, not real carbon fiber, and the hood did not raise that high with them. They do install easy as stated, but it was a little frustrating not getting the passenger side hood aligned after install. Went back to the hood prop....will see if I can get either a Ford Performance or Redline hood strut at Mustang Week next week. Ran out of time to mess with it. I will probably bring it to Mustang Week and sell it to anyone for a reduced price.

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Installed and removed the next day. Here is why: hood would not align properly on passenger side no matter how much I attempted to adjust the hood. A few other things that caught my attention; they are carbon dipped, not real carbon fiber, and the hood did not raise that high with them. They do install easy as stated, but it was a little frustrating not getting the passenger side hood aligned after install. Went back to the hood prop....will see if I can get either a Ford Performance or Redline hood strut at Mustang Week next week. Ran out of time to mess with it. I will probably bring it to Mustang Week and sell it to anyone for a reduced price.
Thanks for that info. Do the Ford Performance ones work on the GT350's? I thought there was some debate on that, but those are the ones I really want.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-ra...nce-logo-v6-ecoboost-gt-2015-2019/p/M16826MA/

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Your welcome, and I think your right about the FP struts for GT350..,donā€™t see any from FP that is made for GT350 specifically, for others, GT, Ecoboost, sure. So, looks like Redline is probably one of the few choices.
Yeah, thats a bummer. I guess I can buy them then take off the sticker. Honestly, cutting the hole in the side will bother me too, bc I just bought this thing, and it was expensive!! lol

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Iā€™m curious why you were trying to align the hood in the first place? Iā€™m not familiar with the brand of shocks you got, but it shouldnā€™t require the whole hood to be loosened enough to be aligned. Apologies if Iā€™m misunderstanding something.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Iā€™m curious why you were trying to align the hood in the first place? Iā€™m not familiar with the brand of shocks you got, but it shouldnā€™t require the whole hood to be loosened enough to be aligned. Apologies if Iā€™m misunderstanding something.
Sure, I will clarify. Maybe align was not appropriate wording. Here is the condition which caused me to remove the MRT struts; once installed, the forward bolts have to be tightened to allow the hood to be as before. The install manual states to be sure to use the same bolt alignment as before so that the hood stays properly aligned. That was pretty straightforward; however, as the strut brace is placed between the loosened top hood bolt and the hood, and then tightened down again, the thickness of the strut comes into play for the hood assembly with the bolt. The strut thickness is estimated to be a little less than a 1/4 inch thick, and is pretty close to what the hood was raised on the passenger side. Could never get it to set down and be aligned or even as before. The driver side of the hood also had a raised lip but much less. I really wanted to use this setup for the true plug and play aspect, but it didnā€™t work for me. Maybe for others, but not me. I donā€™t have time to try and mess around with hood struts, it either works or donā€™t. The hood prop works fine and the hood is dead even/aligned whatever you want to call it. Time for me to move on as this particular solution did not fit my particular hood setup. The MRT is a nice piece but I figure with manufacturing tolerances in assembly of two different pieces, hood and struts, that that is bound to happen every once in a while. I am not astounded that this happened. I have been a DIY car guy for 40 plus years and each bolt on is different.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sure, I will clarify. Maybe align was not appropriate wording. Here is the condition which caused me to remove the MRT struts; once installed, the forward bolts have to be tightened to allow the hood to be as before. The install manual states to be sure to use the same bolt alignment as before so that the hood stays properly aligned. That was pretty straightforward; however, as the strut brace is placed between the loosened top hood bolt and the hood, and then tightened down again, the thickness of the strut comes into play for the hood assembly with the bolt. The strut thickness is estimated to be a little less than a 1/4 inch thick, and is pretty close to what the hood was raised on the passenger side. Could never get it to set down and be aligned or even as before. The driver side of the hood also had a raised lip but much less. I really wanted to use this setup for the true plug and play aspect, but it didnā€™t work for me. Maybe for others, but not me. I donā€™t have time to try and mess around with hood struts, it either works or donā€™t. The hood prop works fine and the hood is dead even/aligned whatever you want to call it. Time for me to move on as this particular solution did not fit my particular hood setup. The MRT is a nice piece but I figure with manufacturing tolerances in assembly of two different pieces, hood and struts, that that is bound to happen every once in a while. I am not astounded that this happened. I have been a DIY car guy for 40 plus years and each bolt on is different.
I'm not saying this is the case but a friend did the same thing with the same result...then realized he had them backwards. Worth a look at least.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I'm not saying this is the case but a friend did the same thing with the same result...then realized he had them backwards. Worth a look at least.
I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to install backwards. The bolts align one way only and the strut has a flange that sets into the hood bracket one way only.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to install backwards. The bolts align one way only and the strut has a flange that sets into the hood bracket one way only.
Yeah I never had issue with MRT myself but but a friend...in his ecoboost....recently did....lol
Sponsored