Sponsored

Hood Replacement Options

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
^ That picture almost perfectly sums up why I love S550 Mustangs. Man that's awesome.
Sponsored

Crazy Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Race Red
I have 3 hoods. The original, the ram air and my favorite, the 4" cowl.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I have 3 hoods. The original, the ram air and my favorite the 4" cowl.
I love that cowl. It's definitely a different look but man is it aggressive! If I went for that look, I'd have to have some big fat rubber in the back with skinnies in the front on maybe Racestars. Cervini makes a lot of nice hoods, they are my go to always.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
There is only one that I will consider.

The Helion Composites GT350 style hood. It actually does away with some of the bullshit of the sitting too high over glorified Fusion/Focus style lines that go from the corner of the grill to the mirrors.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
There is only one that I will consider.

The Helion Composites GT350 style hood. It actually does away with some of the bullshit of the sitting too high over glorified Fusion/Focus style lines that go from the corner of the grill to the mirrors.
How is that? The height is dictated by the fender and front.

Sponsored

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
How is that? The height is dictated by the fender and front.

Not as much as you would think it does.

The stupid pickle spears? Gone.

The massive height and stylized line? Gone.

I am hoping to get the fiberglass version by end of summer.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1346455&posted=1#post1346455

Is it as outright pronounced as a GT350 hood? No. But it is a HUGE improvement over stock or the stupid hoods out there that build a lame GT350 hood into what is essentially a stock hood.

Check bottom of this page.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44127&page=3

There is a HUGE difference to me in forward visibility when sitting in the driver's seat of a GT350 and that of one our Mustangs with the stupid hood. In the GT350 I can see the "peak" of the top of the passenger side fender. Where in my GT I cannot even see the peak of the driver's side fender.

There is too much height built into the hood of our cars while trying to make them look like a focus/fiesta/fusion and I hate it.

When that Helion hood comes out I am getting it. The GT350 is the hood that should have come on all our cars. Look at the 2018 redesign and you will see some of the GT350 influence.

While the Helion hood wont be a perfect clone it should give back a LOT of forward visibility.

Last edited:
OP
OP

archaica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB PP
Holy Jesus, that cowl.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I appreciate them.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I have 3 hoods. The original, the ram air and my favorite, the 4" cowl.

How bad is that to see over? I got rid of a Camaro because I coulnt see out of it. Could you snap a photo of the hood from inside the cabin?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Not as much as you would think it does.

The stupid pickle spears? Gone.

The massive height and stylized line? Gone.

I am hoping to get the fiberglass version by end of summer.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1346455&posted=1#post1346455

Is it as outright pronounced as a GT350 hood? No. But it is a HUGE improvement over stock or the stupid hoods out there that build a lame GT350 hood into what is essentially a stock hood.

Check bottom of this page.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44127&page=3

There is a HUGE difference to me in forward visibility when sitting in the driver's seat of a GT350 and that of one our Mustangs with the stupid hood. In the GT350 I can see the "peak" of the top of the passenger side fender. Where in my GT I cannot even see the peak of the driver's side fender.

There is too much height built into the hood of our cars while trying to make them look like a focus/fiesta/fusion and I hate it.

When that Helion hood comes out I am getting it. The GT350 is the hood that should have come on all our cars. Look at the 2018 redesign and you will see some of the GT350 influence.

While the Helion hood wont be a perfect clone it should give back a LOT of forward visibility.
Maybe if you have a pic somewhere? I couldn't find one, seems like it's still a work in progress? I looked at both of those links and didn't get anything important. I just can't imagine how the lines/raised part from the front of the car to the mirrors can go away. They are dictated and created by the front fascia that isn't going away. The way the GT350 accomplished it is by changing the front fascia and we're just talking about a hood replacement.

As far as you complaint about the "pickle spears", those are accenting body lines I actually like. If you're having trouble seeing over those, you must be very short. I still believe the height of the rest of the hood is pre-determined by the front fascia and fenders. Would love to see a picture if you can post one though.

Crazy Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Race Red
How bad is that to see over? I got rid of a Camaro because I coulnt see out of it. Could you snap a photo of the hood from inside the cabin?

Here ya go.

Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I'm also in need of a Magnetic hood replacement, I have a small crease in the corner over the passenger headlight. Was quoted $1,600 for repair.

Little concerned with the durability of a fiberglass hood for a DD.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Wow, that's not as bad as I thought it would be. It looks so massive from the outside, you'd think all you could see would be the back of the cowl. The ram air hoods aren't anything like that at all.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I'm also in need of a Magnetic hood replacement, I have a small crease in the corner over the passenger headlight. Was quoted $1,600 for repair.

Little concerned with the durability of a fiberglass hood for a DD.
What's your concern on the fiberglass hood? They are very durable and don't flop around like the stock hood.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
What's your concern on the fiberglass hood? They are very durable and don't flop around like the stock hood.
Maybe the tech has changed, but i thought they have issues with rock chips and spidering.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Maybe the tech has changed, but i thought they have issues with rock chips and spidering.
Oh yeah, things have changed quite a bit. It's nothing like the old 70s Corvettes with all the spider webs. It's no more susceptible to rock chips than any other painted surface. If you get ambitious, you could drive down to Cervini's shop down in NJ. When I was there at the end of last year, they were modifying their shop to add a showroom. Call ahead, I'm sure they can work something out for you. Their customer service is fantastic.
Sponsored