Sponsored

Hood Corrosion Nightmare

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
That's one thing that scares me about getting my Boss 302 fixed, and the hood stripe on the Boss is 3M reflective material so it is stupid expensive. The sode stripe had been damaged previously and was about $800 for only that one piece. I seem to recall the hood piece is twice that.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
OP you need to contact Ford yourself and if the CSR doesn't help, then get a supervisor involved.

Don't wait around for the dealership to contact Ford themselves to tell them about the crappy job they are doing.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This is just absurd at this point.
I'm sorry but this entire matter became absurd weeks ago. Everyone's being nice to you yet your car still looks like shit. No one at Ford is going to help you. Time to realize your position and stop waiting for the hood & stripe fairy to show up and fix everything. I know this is harsh but it is the truth.

Get your car the hell out of there and hire a lawyer. It they force you to sign anything you have to note on the paperwork that the job was poorly done and incomplete. Do not let them off the hook.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OP you need to contact Ford yourself and if the CSR doesn't help, then get a supervisor involved.

Don't wait around for the dealership to contact Ford themselves to tell them about the crappy job they are doing.
I feel sorry for OP, really do. But this is a situation of his own making. I think at one point or another we have all been there. As the old saying goes, "Time to shit or get off the pot".

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have contacted CSR as of 6 weeks ago. I have had multiple case numbers and the CSR calls me once a week to check in. She also calls the service. The problem is every time she calls, we happen to be at a point where they are trying something new and my car technically will be ready in X days. So for instance she calls on Tuesday and says service told her the car will be ready by Thursday and it happens that technically Thursday is when it is supposed to be done. Yet Thursday comes we have another problem. Every time I speak to her, she says she will escalate the matter if its not resolved by the date service told her.

Finally on Friday the service manager said he will reach out to the regional customer service rep.

You do get what you pay for. People love saying “best bang for the buck” but you have to see the big picture.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have contacted CSR as of 6 weeks ago. I have had multiple case numbers and the CSR calls me once a week to check in. She also calls the service. The problem is every time she calls, we happen to be at a point where they are trying something new and my car technically will be ready in X days. So for instance she calls on Tuesday and says service told her the car will be ready by Thursday and it happens that technically Thursday is when it is supposed to be done. Yet Thursday comes we have another problem. Every time I speak to her, she says she will escalate the matter if its not resolved by the date service told her.

Finally on Friday the service manager said he will reach out to the regional customer service rep.

You do get what you pay for. People love saying “best bang for the buck” but you have to see the big picture.
Why in the world are you at the same dealer and why would you let the service manager be the contact for the regional CSR? That seems very odd to me. YOU need to be talking to Ford Customer Service supervisors more up the chain. Go get yourself an estimate at the best body shop you can find and tell them you will be suing them for that amount. Show them the estimate.

If they do not resolve things, sue them.

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Why in the world are you at the same dealer and why would you let the service manager be the contact for the regional CSR? That seems very odd to me. YOU need to be talking to Ford Customer Service supervisors more up the chain. Go get yourself an estimate at the best body shop you can find and tell them you will be suing them for that amount. Show them the estimate.

If they do not resolve things, sue them.
Sue them in small claims court or a proper court? I dont have experience with this stuff. There is also the aspect of this which if I were to approach another Ford dealer as a customer, knowing what happened with the previous dealer - they will probably not want to have anything to do with this car. Whereas if Ford coordinates this, they will have to stay behind the car and take my claim.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sue them in small claims court or a proper court? I dont have experience with this stuff. There is also the aspect of this which if I were to approach another Ford dealer as a customer, knowing what happened with the previous dealer - they will probably not want to have anything to do with this car. Whereas if Ford coordinates this, they will have to stay behind the car and take my claim.
Well, small claims is a proper court. It would depend on the monetary limits and your estimate from the shop. You need to show them you are serious and are done with the excuses and the inept shop doing any more work to your car. You would indeed be quite foolish to let them continue to practice on your car.

I think what we have here is a dealer service manager that is trying to cover his ass with Ford CS.

This is on you now, take control of the situation.

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well, small claims is a proper court. It would depend on the monetary limits and your estimate from the shop. You need to show them you are serious and are done with the excuses and the inept shop doing any more work to your car. You would indeed be quite foolish to let them continue to practice on your car.

I think what we have here is a dealer service manager that is trying to cover his ass with Ford CS.

This is on you now, take control of the situation.
Understood, thank you for the advice as its a good one. Let me find a lawyer and a good body shop and go from there.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Small claims is perfect for this. You have pictures and documentation as well as a full timeline of events.

Ford Corp has zero control over dealers as they are all independent. It's unfortunate because of all these damn laws protecting states and their franchise dealers.

You are absolutely right, another dealer probably won't want to take this on. You may need to research and see a 3rd party shop who specializes in this stuff. Get an estimate and go after Ford.

If you are good at speaking, you don't need a lawyer in small claims. Just have to state your case, provide your evidence and explain why you are suing and how it amounts to that. You also get reimbursed court costs as well as interest from the day you file.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understood, thank you for the advice as its a good one. Let me find a lawyer and a good body shop and go from there.
Don't forget the TSB for the corrosion, Ford themselves officially recognizes that it is an issue so liability is settled. They are absolutely on the hook to make it right and they would in no way want to actually let things go to court.

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There is one thing I want to fact check : body shop told me that the stripes are sold in pieces, that is the small piece and longer piece together in 1 kit for the hood. I always thought the stripe was sold for the entire car and that you couldnt order it piecemeal. Part of me thinks their second attempt was custom cut left over pieces from the first attempt. I have no way to validate this so I thought I’d ask here.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
There is one thing I want to fact check : body shop told me that the stripes are sold in pieces, that is the small piece and longer piece together in 1 kit for the hood. I always thought the stripe was sold for the entire car and that you couldnt order it piecemeal. Part of me thinks their second attempt was custom cut left over pieces from the first attempt. I have no way to validate this so I thought I’d ask here.
Stripes are sold in pieces.

Proof

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/search?search_str=Stripe