Holy Sh*& that's LOUD -

Rwwilli09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Edge ST
5.0 with Corsa catless long tube headers, X-pipe and extreme exhaust. Running this way for 7-8 months.

Apparently I am showing my age, but while there are times I love the sound and love being loud it does get annoying. Anything to throw in the mix to help tame it a bit?
Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
replace X pipe with resonator

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Are you boosted or going all out N/A?

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have Kooks headers and cats, all the rest is stock. I find that to be plenty loud and sounds great. I was going for a resonator delete and my shop suggested I not do that initially.

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
on my car, I have the Corsa sport axle back, sw LTH, and the stock mid pipe, this gives the car a pretty mellow tone below 3k, if you get into it you still hear the coyote scream like crazy but below that its pretty manageable and ZERO DRONE. if you can find a stock resonator that will tame that sound but I am sure there are other companies out there selling a solution for a mid-muffler/ resonator

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
I have Kooks headers and cats, all the rest is stock. I find that to be plenty loud and sounds great. I was going for a resonator delete and my shop suggested I not do that initially.
I have the exact same set up. Everyone who has heard this on mine has commented on how great it sounds!

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I have FP x-Pipe and Kooks axle backs. Should have just gone with one or the other. Sound level is high, which I could live with, but the drone is more than I can handle. Solo Perf cat back with small res going on when I get it into the garage for going over before HPDE. I wil be putting the x-pipe and axle backs up for sale once I have them off.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
It's not as loud as you'd think it would be. I had active exhaust with a Steeda H pipe & would always have it on track mode. Now I'm kooks from tip to tail & you'd think it would be louder, but it's not. But the deep rumble & quality of sound sure improved.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rwwilli09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Vehicle(s)
Are you boosted or going all out N/A?
For now staying N/A. I have been toying with the idea of supercharging, but for now N/A. Just want to tone down the sound just a touch.

OP
OP

Rwwilli09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Vehicle(s)
It's not as loud as you'd think it would be. I had active exhaust with a Steeda H pipe & would always have it on track mode. Now I'm kooks from tip to tail & you'd think it would be louder, but it's not. But the deep rumble & quality of sound sure improved.
There was a video on YouTube where a guy had a similar setup to mine and registered 140dB. I have no idea where I am, but it can't be far off.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
There was a video on YouTube where a guy had a similar setup to mine and registered 140dB. I have no idea where I am, but it can't be far off.
Yeah 140db would be nuts. I have no idea where mine is at, but I'm sure nowhere near that cruising around town. I had this same set up before, but without cats & it was much louder, but still sounded damn good.

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I have a friend with Stainless Works headers, cats and the rest is stock. At a local track in 5th gear at WOT in sport setting (NOT track) he's runniing 101 Db at 50" It's plenty loud.
Sponsored