Sponsored

Hmmm BC Coilovers?!

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White
That is the exact drop I want. Can you get measurements from the ground to the top of each wheel well?
Sponsored

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Well I didn't have to make any adjustments so I can't tell you guys if it's possible but here's how the car sits in the new wheels. Still have the perches in the rear and about a half inch of thread left up front
06aba93f629c0f26d7f28618ffbf7081.jpg

IG - S550_Sema
Looks perfect man. I can't wait to get my coils ordered!

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Here is my recent install. Hopefully wheels to follow
image.jpg

Gudz2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Well I didn't have to make any adjustments so I can't tell you guys if it's possible but here's how the car sits in the new wheels. Still have the perches in the rear and about a half inch of thread left up front

IG - S550_Sema
That definitely gets one of my biggest pet peeves fixed on these cars, I don't like how the front looks higher than the back on the stock cars. What size wheels and tires did you go with ?

Sponsored

Wraith272

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Just finished installing my coilovers and adjusting ride height, rear is set to how it came from the factory, but I had to raise the fronts 13 full turns to keep from rubbing and even out the stance.

What damping settings is everyone using? I'm currently at 4 clicks from full stiff in front and 5 clicks from full stiff in the rear, feels close to how the PP suspension rode around town stiffness-wise with less body roll in corners and less bounciness in the rear, but a little more bounce in front. Will test out this setup in the twisties tomorrow on my way to work. Will also wash the car tomorrow lol\
coilovers1.jpg
coilovers2.jpg
coilovers3.jpg

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
What tire sizes are you running? Maybe add a little camber to avoid rubbing

Wraith272

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
What tire sizes are you running? Maybe add a little camber to avoid rubbing
I'm running 285/35 on 20x10 +40 all around with 5mm spacer in front, camber is at -2.2 in front. This morning I took it through some twisties and bumpy roads and didn't have any issues with rubbing at this ride height, and I'm 100% okay with the current stance of about a finger gap.

Damping settings 4 Front/5 Rear seem decent, car feels very planted with minimal body roll, but on public roads I can't push it even near the limits to see how balanced the handling is. Eventually I'll get it to the track and find out, so for now unless anyone else wants to chime in with their settings I'll leave it as-is.

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
i did 8 fronm soft all the way around as a start, i am adding more stiff to the front now.

I think I need to change the shock height in the rear tho

S550 Sema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP2

Well I stiffened the suspension all the way because I had a long ride an it keeps me from bottoming out so much and I hit a little bump and blew out the rear right shock tower.

IG - S550_Sema

Sponsored

Rob_Stylez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW 5.0
Well I stiffened the suspension all the way because I had a long ride an it keeps me from bottoming out so much and I hit a little bump and blew out the rear right shock tower.

IG - S550_Sema
That was bound to happen as low as you were... your cars stance looks sick, but the wheels and the thin side wall tire looks like it belongs on an Honda :shrug:

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IG - S550_Sema
Hmm, first QC issue? I know being that low isn't what they're technically made for, but I've had slammed cars on other various brands of coils and never had an issue. Makes me wonder if these are the ones for my setup or not.

S550 Sema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP2
I mean the part is on back order an there was only one in a dealer anywhere around me so I'm assuming I'm not the first with this problem. But it was a 20 dollar fix that took 10 minutes so I'm not mad

IG - S550_Sema

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it continues to be an issue, that's going to become a major PITA. Keep us posted.

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
So to adjust camber on the plates are you guys cutting the metal covering the access to the camber plates under the hood? Or are you guys actually unbolting the coils and dropping it to access the camber plates?
Sponsored