Sponsored

Hmmm BC Coilovers?!

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Also what're those green things for? The ones next to the front assembly in the photo?
Those are new endlinks for the front - the stock ones dont fit / are too long for this kit. The green deals are covers for the boot so they arent damaged in shipping.

I was a bit confused also until I got the kit and started comparing part sizes.
Sponsored

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White
Anyone with the BC's installed get them aligned yet? If I'm understanding correctly, the fronts come with camber plates, and the rears can be aligned with the factory hardware? So there's nothing additional we need to buy?

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Anyone with the BC's installed get them aligned yet? If I'm understanding correctly, the fronts come with camber plates, and the rears can be aligned with the factory hardware? So there's nothing additional we need to buy?
That's correct.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I also would like to know this. I am thinking about going this route vs lowering springs but I am the kind of person I don't want the tire to tuck but I want a nice ride quality and good handling and alignment is a big issue for me with running wide tires.

Also do this pose any issues with running wide wheel setups in the 19x10 with a 285 tire?

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
I also would like to know this. I am thinking about going this route vs lowering springs but I am the kind of person I don't want the tire to tuck but I want a nice ride quality and good handling and alignment is a big issue for me with running wide tires.

Also do this pose any issues with running wide wheel setups in the 19x10 with a 285 tire?
There's guys fitting way more than that under there with coilovers. I plan to fully tuck an 11" on 305s.

Sponsored

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Yup aligned and in good shape, the guy doing the alignment couldn't get the camber bolts loose on the front of mine so i need to do a half degree of camber on the driver fr corner, but all in all was in spec.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
There's guys fitting way more than that under there with coilovers. I plan to fully tuck an 11" on 305s.
Thank you for the response I am trying to find the instructions online so I can see how the rear setup mounts.

Does anyone DD on these coilovers?

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Thank you for the response I am trying to find the instructions online so I can see how the rear setup mounts.

Does anyone DD on these coilovers?
The rear mount is a spring with the adjustable perch on top that replaces the stock spring, and then an adjustable shock that replaces the shock in the stock location.

Both in the stock locations.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
The rear mount is a spring with the adjustable perch on top that replaces the stock spring, and then an adjustable shock that replaces the shock in the stock location.

Both in the stock locations.
OK that is exactly what I wanted to know if the spring was still placed in the same spot or they ran different setup, like what the coilover setup for the front

Sponsored

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
nice pictures hawkbox! what're the specs for that drop?

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
nice pictures hawkbox! what're the specs for that drop?
Thanks!

I did just about 2 inches up front and I believe the spring perches in the back were just a hair shorter than they came so it was probably about 2 1/4?

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Thanks!

I did just about 2 inches up front and I believe the spring perches in the back were just a hair shorter than they came so it was probably about 2 1/4?
Are you talking threads? Like 2 inches of thread left? Give us a front shot! Haha

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Are you talking threads? Like 2 inches of thread left? Give us a front shot! Haha
ok, sorry for the delay...

In the front I used an electronic caliper and set the threads at 2.5750 inches inbetween the rings.
Sponsored