Sponsored

BC or ISC Coilovers?

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I had the BC coilovers on my 08 Accord. Although they looked nice, the ride was horrible, and after about a year I got some weird squeaking noise from 1 of the rear coils. Only happened if I bounced the trunk up and down with my hands. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't make the same purchase.

Here's what it looked like though! :D
I hear the squeeking comment often and wonder if some adjusted the ride height wrong (eg by compressing the spring). BC instructions are not the best. Guess i will find out soon enough.
Sponsored

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Hrrmmm that is a good idea...hadn't thought about that route! Let me know how that goes - I am truely interested.

Thanks! :thumbsup:
Hawkbox,

The bolts worked great! I found a way to adjust camber without the wheel on. Alignment probably isnt perfect but is pretty damn good. It will be getting a professional alignment soon once i get my new wheels and Im happy with the stance. Id recommend these to anyone who doesnt want to cut the shock tower.

Now i just have to mess with the coilover settings.

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
So only way to adjust is off the car or by cutting tower??

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
So only way to adjust is off the car or by cutting tower??
Not sure exactly what you are asking. Pretty much the only way to adjust camber on bc coilovers, with the camber plate that comes with them, is to cut the shock tower, trial and error (remove adjust reinstall coilover until camber is good), fabricate some special tool, or use the bmr camber bolts like i just did. I think ICS will be the same way.

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
Not sure exactly what you are asking. Pretty much the only way to adjust camber on bc coilovers, with the camber plate that comes with them, is to cut the shock tower, trial and error (remove adjust reinstall coilover until camber is good), fabricate some special tool, or use the bmr camber bolts like i just did. I think ICS will be the same way.
U answered my question and that sucks would hate to cut my towers and trial and error is a pita

Sponsored

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
U answered my question and that sucks would hate to cut my towers and trial and error is a pita
Agree, but the bmr camber bolts worked great and were only 30 bucks. Still dont know why bc colovers just dont come standard with caster camber plates. Couldnt add much more than 250 to the cost, and they still would be way cheaper than other coilovers.

OxWhiteEB

GR8_WHT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Ecoboost
Still no news for the ISCs. I was told by isc themselve I am going to get the item directly from the factory and haven't got them yet. Waiting so badly :(

marin2424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
BC Coilovers

Since I seen you guys are comparing the BC coilovers and the ISC's I figured you guys might want to see some results. I've had these BC's on my stang for about 3 months and I extremely love them.
Instasize_0318131700.jpg
Instasize_0318131723.jpg
Instasize_0318131743.jpg

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Since I seen you guys are comparing the BC coilovers and the ISC's I figured you guys might want to see some results. I've had these BC's on my stang for about 3 months and I extremely love them.
Car looks good! Glad to hear they are working out for you. What setting are you running?
Sponsored