RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
We already know this, but anyone who says “who would want it” obviously hasn’t driven an HPP!
The sales manager was trying to push me into a loaded up Gt I'm sure . it was most likely a sales pitch, as in , " you don't want that, you want this(pointing at the GT)"
I was open to it, if they dropped the 10k over sticker bs and came up with a price below msrp. They were not. And I don't pay extra for a mass produced vehicle, just because.
The funny part is they had 4 shelby's all with 30k ADMS and 3 out of the 4 had sold cards hanging off the rearview along with 5 of the GT'S that had the 10k mark ups.
Sponsored

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
I count myself lucky I ordered mine in early Feb, 2020 at invoice and picked it up in May with 0% financing from Ford.

Even in the Before Times, when I shopped the lot was filled with A10s (V8 and EB) and stripes on every Mustang. It was going to be my first Mustang, so I ordered it just the way I wanted and insisted the hood stripes be removed before delivery. "Ya sure you want the stripes removed?" they asked. "Its part of the HPP package and makes it special. If you change your mind, we'll have to order the stripes and charge to re-install them."

Yes, I insisted.

I know I lost 10 HP removing the stripes, but I didn't like them.

Your mileage my vary.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I count myself lucky I ordered mine in early Feb, 2020 at invoice and picked it up in May with 0% financing from Ford.

Even in the Before Times, when I shopped the lot was filled with A10s (V8 and EB) and stripes on every Mustang. It was going to be my first Mustang, so I ordered it just the way I wanted and insisted the hood stripes be removed before delivery. "Ya sure you want the stripes removed?" they asked. "Its part of the HPP package and makes it special. If you change your mind, we'll have to order the stripes and charge to re-install them."

Yes, I insisted.

Your mileage my vary.
I guess it depends on the color of the car, on mine the stripes/decal on the hood somewhat blends in, as the car is Kona blue and stripes are charcoal shade of gray

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
I guess it depends on the color of the car, on mine the stripes/decal on the hood somewhat blends in, as the car is Kona blue and stripes are charcoal shade of gray
On the Magnetic HPP the stripes were silver. Too stark for my tastes.

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
Exactly. The driving experience is great! What a great Mustang!
My SVO moniker reflects back to the 80's when Ford threw the dice on a 4 cylinder turbocharged performance Mustang developed by Special Vehicle Operations (now Ford Performance). My opinion, just focusing on the v8 'Stangs doesn't do justice to the whole.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Exactly. The driving experience is great! What a great Mustang!
My SVO moniker reflects back to the 80's when Ford threw the dice on a 4 cylinder turbocharged performance Mustang developed by Special Vehicle Operations (now Ford Performance). My opinion, just focusing on the v8 'Stangs doesn't do justice to the whole.
As light as the fox svo's were, if one was to put todays 2.3t and stick in it, it GLS

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
but anyone who says “who would want it” obviously hasn’t driven an HPP!
I've driven one (actually a couple) and I'd pass as well. The price has gone parabolic which makes the deal even worse.

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
L is for 2020, M is for 2021 and N is for 2022, looks like 2450 2020's, 1600 2021's and 1000 2022's. so about 5000 total HPPs in three years. I wonder if there are more Shelbys?
HPP.
Great count! My car is L1094. Good question about Shelbys vs HPPs. My personal and biased view is these cars should have been designated appropriately as either SVO or Shelby. Oh well!

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I've driven one (actually a couple) and I'd pass as well. The price has gone parabolic which makes the deal even worse.
If you are a buyer that is willing to pay the dealer mark ups or msrp. then yes, they are costly. But that is the buyers problem of not being able to get up and walk away if the deal isn't good.
I don't think you can say, the gt with pp is anybetter when buyers are being morons and paying 10k or more dealer mark up on them.
If Ford and all the other brands don't get this dealer mark up b/s under control it will end up killing many models From the lack of units moved.
But as they say a fool and his/her money will soon part.
When I was looking. both cars optioned the way I wanted. the ebhhp was 45-46k depending on color. the gt was 54-55k so a 9 k difference to get the v8, but wait there's more. The dealers all wanted 10k on top of the MSRP (GT)and were fine sitting on it and waiting. So IF I bought the gt it be 19k more than the eb-hhp and that was IF I paid MSRP for the EB-HHP.
I paid almost 7k under MSRP. because it was a left over and ford rebates took 4 k right off the top, then my willing to get up knocked the rest off. So To get the gt as I'd want it ,It have been almost 26 +/- THOUSAND DOLLARS more.
Yes I could have waited out the whacked car market bubble, and I'd still be waiting.
There is a Red Metallic GT with all the performance gear and options I'd order one with on a lot near me, it is a 2022 and they have a 10k mark up on it, and they were willing to drop that to 8k over sticker. The stupidity had not ended. As it now has a sold card on it.
Would I have rathered the gt, at first when looking yup, I'd be lie'n if I said I didn't. but now that I have owned and driving my car more. I know I made the right choice As I'd have had to over pay for a seasonal use vehicle, or wait and take it up the rear with higher interest rate and still deal with dealers marking them up.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
my objection to the pricing has to do with the dollar figures assigned by Ford on the Sticker. I had a '19 EB/PP and declined to purchase the EB/PP+MR that was the available combo back then. I bought a GT/PP1 at a discount and I wouldn't buy the PP1 again either.

The HPP turbo is just as badly tuned by Ford as the regular one.
In this specific case the HPP option price is insane and the Handling Package price on top is a lousy deal as well. Completely separate from any dealer markup insanity.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
my objection to the pricing has to do with the dollar figures assigned by Ford on the Sticker. I had a '19 EB/PP and declined to purchase the EB/PP+MR that was the available combo back then. I bought a GT/PP1 at a discount and I wouldn't buy the PP1 again either.

In this specific case the HPP option price is insane and the Handling Package price on top is a lousy deal as well. Completely separate from any dealer markup insanity.
I don't know. I looked at the cost if I added more performance to the chassis of a prem eb or gt. over the hhp or gt's pp.
The cost to get the parts then have it installed either using ford parts or aftermarket vendors. was about equal.
After you price out buying wheels,tires,shocks/struts/springs/ swaybars and all the other chassis upgrades. The option package isn't as bad a deal as most make it out to be. People just see the option total and go holy hell.
I don't think I could source all the chassis upgrades for the 1999.00 the handling package cost. or the eb-hhp package for the 4999.00. YES I agree the almost 7 grand for the total package is nuts, till you try to source all the upgrades yourself be it ford parts or aftermarket vendors.
In my case, the ford rebate on a left over of 4000.00 made the hhp package 999.00+ handling package cost of 1999.00.
The car was cheaper than a eb prem. Admittedly because of timing . I don't think I'd own a eb-hhp if not for that timing. As I Don't "need" it. but when the star aligned and it was a better performing car over the eb prem. and at a lower price. No brainer there.
I am sure If I was looking for one before the car market went full retard in the middle of 2020 and you could get a deal on a v8 car. Things would be different. But no matter. I'm happy. And there was no ducking way I was going to pay loaded c7 money for a GT PP because the dealers feel the market will support that crap.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP

Yup, the total package pricing of almost 7k is nuts. and if Ford was not offering the 4k rebates on left overs and the car as I'd order it was not on a lot. I'd have not bought it. I'd most likely be looking at a m.y. newer eb prem in my driveway and not the eb-hhp. The way it happened , it was the same otd price to get the left over hhp as it was the eb prem that they sell me for 700.00 under msrp. So because of sheer luck and timing it was buy the car and get the hhp package at the same cost otd as the eb prem optioned the way I would order one.
Two things that made the difference, the 4k rebate and the dealership knocking another 3k off and adding fords ex warranty over the oem 3y/36 to the deal. Was it a good deal. in 2019 maybe not. buying in 2021, I think I did better than ok. but ya, Ford id mighty proud of the HHP package with a price of 4999.00 for the engine package and 1999.00 for the handling package with magnaride.

splatrd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Ecoboost, 16 Camaro 2SS, 17 Silverado
2022 Shadow Black N0638

20221110_071936.jpg

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback

Yes, I insisted.

Your mileage my vary.
Right there with you - I ordered mine with the stripe delete option.
Sponsored