Sponsored

Ecoboost High Performance Pkg 0-60 actual

Knerrpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Fusion Sport
Greetings. I have test driven a 2020 HPP (automatic, no handling pkg). Per track apps, the best 0-60 time I could achieve was 6.5 seconds (in drag mode). Granted, this is probably using 87 octane and is on streets, not a track, but everything Ford has said indicates a sub 5 second 0-60 time (even 4.5). I'm hoping the 0-60 will improve over time (and with higher octane gas). Can owners please post what times they are actually achieving after having owned the car for a bit? I really like the car and I'm not expecting sub 5 times, but certainly would think it should be better than 6.5. Thank you.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Greetings. I have test driven a 2020 HPP (automatic, no handling pkg). Per track apps, the best 0-60 time I could achieve was 6.5 seconds (in drag mode). Granted, this is probably using 87 octane and is on streets, not a track, but everything Ford has said indicates a sub 5 second 0-60 time (even 4.5). I'm hoping the 0-60 will improve over time (and with higher octane gas). Can owners please post what times they are actually achieving after having owned the car for a bit? I really like the car and I'm not expecting sub 5 times, but certainly would think it should be better than 6.5. Thank you.
You already found your issue. 87 octane drops the regular ecoboost to 275 horsepower and 300 pound-feet of torque. On 93, the regular ecoboost is rated for 310 horsepower and 320 pound-feet of torque. I don't see the situation being any better for the HPP. It actually is probably worse. Plus, the actual 0-60 time is in ideal conditions.

OP
OP

Knerrpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Fusion Sport
Thanks. Yes, I agree. I still would like to see what other HPP owners are actually experiencing after some time (with or without higher octane gas).

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Don't forget to turn off traction control.

Deleted member

Please please please stop putting 87 octane in your eco. Just because you can does not mean that you should.

Sponsored

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I do not own an HPP but youre gonna have to add more details so that when those that own the HPP can help you better.

Did you test drive the coupe or convertible?
10r80?
How many miles in the car? Assuming that since it was a test drive - less than 100 miles in the odometer.
Temps / DA during your test drive?
Unfortunately 87 octane is a NO NO on the EB mustangs - performance wise.

As an EB mustang owner myself, from MY experience, I will say this: these EB engines get faster with MORE miles in them, and the longer youve been pumping 93 the better.

There's only ONE guy on youtube that has posted a 0-60 with his HPP. His best so far is 5.0 seconds , he wasnt pumping 93 octane, though.

Rated numbers are under perfect conditions for any car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have test driven a 2020 HPP (automatic, no handling pkg). Per track apps, the best 0-60 time I could achieve was 6.5 seconds (in drag mode). Granted, this is probably using 87 octane
Greeting Knerrpool and welcome to the forum. Are we to presume that this was a brand new dealer car? If it was why would you take a brand new car with no break in miles and thrash it with 0-60 runs? Add that to the fact that you already know it had regular in and you have a recipe for lousy times. Were you really expecting even close to advertised numbers? If you were, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. :crackup:

Now if this was a friends car that had been broken in, never mind. If it had regular in it your friend should trade it in for a Prius.

Please please please stop putting 87 octane in your eco. Just because you can does not mean that you should.
Newbies! :headbang::facepalm::)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I do not own an HPP but youre gonna have to add more details so that when those that own the HPP can help you better.

Did you test drive the coupe or convertible?
10r80?
How many miles in the car? Assuming that since it was a test drive - less than 100 miles in the odometer.
Temps / DA during your test drive?
Unfortunately 87 octane is a NO NO on the EB mustangs - performance wise.

As an EB mustang owner myself, from MY experience, I will say this: these EB engines get faster with MORE miles in them, and the longer youve been pumping 93 the better.

There's only ONE guy on youtube that has posted a 0-60 with his HPP. His best so far is 5.0 seconds , he wasnt pumping 93 octane, though.

Rated numbers are under perfect conditions for any car.
OP just wants to know what others have run because he is concerned the one he drove was slow. He did say it was an A10.

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
OP just wants to know what others have run because he is concerned the one he drove was slow. He did say it was an A10.
"Greetings. I have test driven a 2020 HPP (automatic, no handling pkg)."
You are very right LOL.
My bad!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
what's actually faster? sport or track, vs sport or track with tc off? spinning tires takes away from propelling

Sponsored
OP
OP

Knerrpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Fusion Sport
Yes, I am a newbie. I don't know what the actual octane in the car is - its a test drive with 50 miles on it. And I realize that I probably shouldn't have taken a few 0-60 drives (although I'm quite sure I'm not the only that test drives new cars this way). I'm not trying to be sophisticated here - this was on a regular flat dry straight road in the morning at 75 degrees. I did not expect the car to do anything close to 5 seconds. However, I DID expect it be at least around 6. Maybe 6.5 is right using the lower octane - I don't know. I'm just looking for what current owners are getting on everyday normal 0-60 times (with or without high octane) so I know what to expect later. At this point, my 2011 Fusion is modestly faster.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Knerrpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Fusion Sport
Can you post a link to this? I can't find it. Thank you.

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Can you post a link to this? I can't find it. Thank you.
Here:

At around minute 2: 45 he shows his ALL BEST TIME RESULTS.
I asked the guy and he said he wasnt pumping 93, he was under the idea that pumping less only affected TORQUE but NOT HORSEPOWER.

Anyway, Id expect better from the HPP, either way. However, at only 50 miles in the odometer and 87 octane I wouldnt expect greatness. In my '16 in 75F temps I actually achieved my all time best of 2.2 0-30 and 5.5 0-60 with a 1500 rpm launch. Always 93 octane. Stock ECU , btw. My worst 0-60 has been 6.1 sec in 92F temps no launch - just smashing the pedal.
IMG-0325.jpg

Last edited:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
My EB is a '17 model with PP and stick shift, and my best 0-60 is 5.4 seconds.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that my 2017 GT all time best is 5.5 on a airfield on 1/4 drag races and my best 1/4 is 13.5. Just for comparison.
Sponsored