Sponsored

Hey Guys, I'm back!

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
So after my unfortunately short time with the 18 GT, I decided to come back to the V6! The lower payment and better mileage is very welcome... Got the car used of course, 2016 with 29k miles for less than $17k. Plan is to make this exactly what Ford didn't want to make. An Ecoboost V6 premium Mustang! I'll have a build thread soon.
IMG_20181215_180559.jpg
Beautiful car, and very reasonably priced. Way to go!
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I do not think the 3.7 will have an issue with the slightly smaller radiator. That said I am trying to source a EB PP radiator that is supposedly larger then the standard EB just in case. Having the EB radiator will make the plumbing so much easier to route up to an FMIC then currently (not much space at all currently). Trying to find a complete takeout unit. From what I have seen that might be in the $400 range or so though...

The backup plan is to always just go with a more universal FMIC and figure out a way to route the charge pipes to it.

Also trying to look into the gen 2 3.5 turbo manifolds and turbos. I am interested to see if they revised the turbos at all since they certainly revised the manifolds to be less restrictive. I will be creating my own adapter plates so I just have to decide if I am going with the earlier gen manifolds or latest gen.
The PP EcoBoost radiator I believe is just the same radiator as the ford performance on all the PP models...but I am not 100%

@USMCtoARMY

Have a build thread or somewhere you are documenting your progress?
Eventually but it will be awhile since my car is in US and I am now stationed in Germany for the next year and half. I will also be posting most of my 3.7L induction posts in the thread we started here on the "3.7L Forced Induction". I just wish that thread would get stickied. Its purpose is for all of us to have a permanent thread for all of us going FI. All the other models have one. We need one.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Got to give AM some credit where it is due. Ordered the exhaust yesterday with free shipping and it's already on the truck for delivery today. Will certainly be installing this weekend!

Back on the turbo front, anyone ever look into these? If they do what they say they do then it might be very beneficial for our setups.

https://crpengineering.com/product/...r-performance-full-bore-upgrade-manifold-set/

Also seeing if gen 2 manifolds can be used with gen 1 turbos.

Found these exhaust adapters for the turbos which actually have Dyno proven 20hp increases over stock which is impressive.

https://www.spdperformance.com/index.php?_route_=high-flow-turbo-exhaust-adapter

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Got to give AM some credit where it is due. Ordered the exhaust yesterday with free shipping and it's already on the truck for delivery today. Will certainly be installing this weekend!

Back on the turbo front, anyone ever look into these? If they do what they say they do then it might be very beneficial for our setups.

https://crpengineering.com/product/...r-performance-full-bore-upgrade-manifold-set/

Also seeing if gen 2 manifolds can be used with gen 1 turbos.

Found these exhaust adapters for the turbos which actually have Dyno proven 20hp increases over stock which is impressive.

https://www.spdperformance.com/index.php?_route_=high-flow-turbo-exhaust-adapter
Zack if your inclined could u move forced induction talk into the FI thread so we can keep all our info collected in one stop source.

Those manifolds won't be worth the cost. Just port the stock ones. The adapters look good but I am leaning towards just making a custom adapter and porting the turbo exhaust flange.

I think what would be a good start is to buy the adapter kit from super six and buy the manifolds from them too. They will port the gaskets and manifolds for u if u buy it through them. It's not expensive considering what you get. The guy whom I bought the kit off of had these done through them. I talked to supersix and confirmed this as well. Another upside to getting the adpater kit is you get all the starting points and you can customize away and change what you want but you get the basic pieces to set it all up.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Zack if your inclined could u move forced induction talk into the FI thread so we can keep all our info collected in one stop source.

Those manifolds won't be worth the cost. Just port the stock ones. The adapters look good but I am leaning towards just making a custom adapter and porting the turbo exhaust flange.

I think what would be a good start is to buy the adapter kit from super six and buy the manifolds from them too. They will port the gaskets and manifolds for u if u buy it through them. It's not expensive considering what you get. The guy whom I bought the kit off of had these done through them. I talked to supersix and confirmed this as well. Another upside to getting the adpater kit is you get all the starting points and you can customize away and change what you want but you get the basic pieces to set it all up.
Yea I was thinking of moving into the FI section!

I was planning on making my own adapters and actually already have a set of OEM manifolds so buying the supersix kit would not be to benifical to me. I will have more info in the FI thread but long ago I identified where the 3.5 water and oil feed ports are and found that they do exist on the 3.7 block so I plan to use as many OEM lines as possible.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Yea I was thinking of moving into the FI section!

I was planning on making my own adapters and actually already have a set of OEM manifolds so buying the supersix kit would not be to benifical to me. I will have more info in the FI thread but long ago I identified where the 3.5 water and oil feed ports are and found that they do exist on the 3.7 block so I plan to use as many OEM lines as possible.
Biggest question is...will u run dual port and direct injection!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Ha! At that point I might as well just swap in the whole 3.5!
True that...I actually wanted to do this at one point and sell my stock motor off to cover some costs. The swapped 3.7L to 3.5L Mustangs are nice and unique, but not worth the effort over a good boosted 3.7

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Yea the issue I have is that if I am going through the trouble of an entire engine swap I would want everything to fuction like factory. I do not think you could get a 3.5 PCM to work 100% in the S550 (at least auto S550s).

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
That cluster tho ahhhh!!! How much did it cost you?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Like $300 for the gauges

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Found the cluster on ebay for $300! I honestly think they listed it incorrectly as $300 is usually what the analog clusters go for.