Sponsored

What could be the noise/vibration I'm hearing??

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Hello Guys!

I need your help guys. I've been having an issue with my car lately (Happened twice and I'll try again today). At night near my house I have a straight road and from time to time if the road is clear I'll push on the car. Whenever I start to hit 100-120 I slow down and press the brake but the car makes a weird loud noise in the front... I don't know if it's coming from the engine (It's seems like it) or from my power train. I was able to get a video of it yesterday. The first time it happened it felt like I was driving fast with a flat tire. I stopped on the side of the road to check them and all my tires were good. I know it's kinda hard to hear the noise but if you pay really attention you can hear it around 0:11 secs.

Here's the video:

[ame]

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
could be your brakes......only under braking, or just slowing down?

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
could be your brakes......only under braking, or just slowing down?
It starts whenever I brake and keeps going whenever it slows down.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
warped rotor maybe? just dealt with that on my tacoma. only really felt it when braking hard from a reasonable minimum speed, like say..50-60mph and up, braking for an off ramp or something..i'd feel that shudder pretty strongly. two new rotors and i'm solid again.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Peobably just rotors if your only feeling it diring braking. Hughly unlikely its driveline or motor related. Are you kinda hard on brakes? One too many slow downs from 120mph me thinks..

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peobably just rotors if your only feeling it diring braking. Hughly unlikely its driveline or motor related. Are you kinda hard on brakes? One too many slow downs from 120mph me thinks..
I don't hit 120 everyday. Last time I was around 50 I had to brake not too hard and it did for a little bit and stopped. Let's say it's my rotors is that normal at 37k miles? If not could I make it pass under my warranty?

PS: I tried it again and it did it much worse. I was driving in S I started to brake and forgot to downshift. The car downshifted itself and it happened whenever I was 60-30 mph. Could a drive shaft make that kind of noise/vibration? I know my drive shaft has pinging noise from time to time.

Last edited:

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Simple, does it do it when you let off the gas, but dont touch brakes....or only when brakes are applied. Ps..i dont think brakes are covered. Normal wear item....

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Simple, does it do it when you let off the gas, but dont touch brakes....or only when brakes are applied. Ps..i dont think brakes are covered. Normal wear item....
I believe it does keep going whenever I let go of the gas pedal (and not pressing the brakes). But then I start to reach low speed and it stops. It'll suck to change the rotors on a brand new car... :frusty: My older Stang had over 70K and I never changed my rotors just my brake pads.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Can you feel any pulsingbin the brake pedal?

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you feel any pulsingbin the brake pedal?
No it feels like running on either a flat tire or something under the car moving with the wind. I checked everything and I don't see nothing weird.

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Take it to ford. But my guess is still the brakes

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I had there drive shaft issue I would get the vibration at around 50 to 70 above 70 it would go away and under 50 it would go away so I don't think you have the shaft issue

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Just watched the video again. Sure sounds like brakes. No way thats drive line, not if its comibg frim the front. Do you feel anything in the steeri g wheel when it does it? Also...what condition are tge front tires in, and what kind are they?

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alrighty so I tried it again and it seems to be only when I brake. I feel it a little bit in the steering but not that much. It's louder than anything. I guess I'll get some new brake pads and I'll see from there. I still gotta go to Ford to make then change my drive shaft it's pinging too damn much even when shifting sometimes.

Thanks for y'all's help.:thumbsup:

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Pads wont help...its the discs that are bad. They are warped. You mightbhe able to have them turned though. Must brake places can do that and its fairly cheap
Sponsored