Here's one for the techies

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I would not be surprised if many owners never even hear that noise, or like you, think nothing of it. But I'm an old-school mechanic (although I left the trade nearly 40 years ago) and my ears are tuned in to car noises. And I'd have put money on that noise being caused by a belt or pulley issue, not a primary chain tensioner.

Look at it this way; imagine if you do nothing to fix it and it fails, the chain seizes or breaks and you wreck the engine - just out of warranty!!!
I would have put money on a chirping pulley too. I'm only at about 6700 km on the car so I have a bit of time yet before I get concerned and its stored in my garage for likely a couple more months anyways as its full on winter here. But please do update the results of the repair here as it may move people such as myself to investigate it too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
1st Pony

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I would have put money on a chirping pulley too. I'm only at about 6700 km on the car so I have a bit of time yet before I get concerned and its stored in my garage for likely a couple more months anyways as its full on winter here. But please do update the results of the repair here as it may move people such as myself to investigate it too.
I've got a lot of friends up in Canada skiing just now, having a ball they tell me. I'll keep you posted.

OP
OP
1st Pony

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sounds great Peter thanks!
Well it's all sorted. Some parts had to come from the USA so we had a short wait for those. Apparently the replacement tensioners were under a new part number which would indicate a superseded part (and hopefully an improved one). I dropped the car in on a Thursday afternoon and it was ready by the end of Friday. So no mucking around, and no more 'chirp' on warm-up from cold. The engine sounds sweet-as now.

Mine was the first repair of this nature in New Zealand, and the funny thing was I suggested where they would find the noise based on what I gleaned from this site. That raised a few eyebrows until they realised I was right.

Overall, a good outcome thanks to Ford New Zealand, the dealer and a few on this site as well.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Well it's all sorted. Some parts had to come from the USA so we had a short wait for those. Apparently the replacement tensioners were under a new part number which would indicate a superseded part (and hopefully an improved one). I dropped the car in on a Thursday afternoon and it was ready by the end of Friday. So no mucking around, and no more 'chirp' on warm-up from cold. The engine sounds sweet-as now.

Mine was the first repair of this nature in New Zealand, and the funny thing was I suggested where they would find the noise based on what I gleaned from this site. That raised a few eyebrows until they realised I was right.

Overall, a good outcome thanks to Ford New Zealand, the dealer and a few on this site as well.
Thanks for reporting back I'm going to look into it as well after hearing about your outcome. I have a couple things I'd like to get looked at so I'll mention this concern as well.
Sponsored