Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice.

2015 GT PP, MT82, stock-ish power level.

Consistent 2.2-2.3 60 foot times on the street, spinning. Some wheel hop.
Consistent 2.2-2.3 60 foot times at the track. Nasty, aggressive wheel hop on prepped surfaces. Almost scared to break something.

This seems far slower than most stock MT82 S550s... even with suspension.

Street Dragy 0-60 for reference: 0-60 pull 2015 Mustang GT PP

Suspension:
BMR lockouts (CB005 and CB762)
BMR Drag springs
BMR Spherical Vertical Links
BMR LCA Bearings
RTR shocks/struts (Koni yellow rewraps. Have tried full soft to full hard).
J+M Upper shock mounts
Steeda Diff Bushings
Steeda rear subframe centering sleeves
Steeda front control arms
Steeda front tension links
BMR Alignment Specs (-0.5 rear camber)

Driveline:
Mcleod RST Clutch
Steeda Clutch Spring
Steeda Triax shifter
Steeda stainless shifter line
BG Synchroshift fluid
FTBR shifter bracket

Misc:
Nitto NT555G2 (295, 255. Track tested at 26PSI and 32PSI, no difference)
Airraid intake
Borla Catback
Anderson Composites CF Hood
Anderson Composites CD Decklid
Every single bolt torqued to spec and rechecked.

What am I missing here? I'm at a mile of elevation, but I don't think I'd be down *that* much power. I run Octanium at the track for 97ish octane. 3k-4.1k launches. Used to dump the clutch, I slip it now... same time results though.

Side note... Recently replaced clutch with Mcleod RST. Doing MGW shifter this weekend. Have nasty lockout above 6500 even with clutch.

Ideas
Part of me wonders if the engine mounts are bad... Could this possibly cause wheel hop (maybe?) and driveline flex (lockout)?

Could the stock driveshaft be responsible? Something somewhere seems to be deflecting if there's wheel hop
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
BMR lockouts (CB005 and CB762)
BMR Drag springs
BMR Spherical Vertical Links
BMR LCA Bearings
That's your problem right there with your REDrum wheel hop.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Honestly, I think the problem is your tires. I don't get any wheel hop with the following, steeda rear 3 point cradle supports, steeda springs and shocks, that's it. Street tires are 325 Continental Extreme Sport, minimal wheel spin. And for the track, 28 x 10.5 hoosiers drag bracket radial, ZERO wheel hop, minimal spin. Track tires have helped run 1.6 0-60 and a 7.6 @ 91 in the 1/8.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I have the nitto nt555 G2 tires. From my experience and what others have said they don’t provide good traction. (I recently made a forum post about my bad traction and everyone has stated to change tires).

I don’t know much about wheel hop but you should probably get a better tire if you want to hook.

Heard mixed things about Michelin ps4s
Have heard good things about Nitto Nt555rii (drag/street tire).

Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Wamp

Wamp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That's your problem right there with your REDrum wheel hop.
You don’t like BMR parts? I actually started with steeda stuff and switched over. I liked the design of BMR stuff better. Lots of cars have gone fast with parts from both

Honestly, I think the problem is your tires. I don't get any wheel hop with the following, steeda rear 3 point cradle supports, steeda springs and shocks, that's it. Street tires are 325 Continental Extreme Sport, minimal wheel spin. And for the track, 28 x 10.5 hoosiers drag bracket radial, ZERO wheel hop, minimal spin. Track tires have helped run 1.6 0-60 and a 7.6 @ 91 in the 1/8.
I have the nitto nt555 G2 tires. From my experience and what others have said they don’t provide good traction. (I recently made a forum post about my bad traction and everyone has stated to change tires).

I don’t know much about wheel hop but you should probably get a better tire if you want to hook.

Heard mixed things about Michelin ps4s
Have heard good things about Nitto Nt555rii (drag/street tire).

Just my 2 cents.
Interesting. Thanks for the input. I’ll give the 555rii’s a shot once these rears are done. Slightly afraid to hurt the MT82 with radials

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I think the problem is your tires.
+1

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice…
A set of good tires will net you the largest gains and rid the wheel hop. No need to buy the whole suspension catalogue.

My vote is get a set of dedicated slicks if you’re serious about drag racing. I ran 1.6X 60’ times in my 260RWHP old 5.0 Mustang with 4.10 gears, a beat-up 5spd manual, and a set of slicks. It’s good fun too dumping the clutch at 5k RPM (and higher now with the coyote).

OP
OP
Wamp

Wamp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
+1

A set of good tires will net you the largest gains and rid the wheel hop. No need to buy the whole suspension catalogue.

My vote is get a set of dedicated slicks if you’re serious about drag racing. I ran 1.6X 60’ times in my 260RWHP old 5.0 Mustang with 4.10 gears, a beat-up 5spd manual, and a set of slicks. It’s good fun too dumping the clutch at 5k RPM (and higher now with the coyote).
Hah. That’s awesome. I was wondering if the engine might be bogging, and that was slowing my 60 foot down. But if you can cut a 1.6 in an old 260hp 5.0, I don’t think power is the issue.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
First, those Nitto NT555G2 are not a good tire for anything, other than non-aggressive street driving. Next, you have to pick your poison. Do you want something that will get you the best times on a drag strip or do you want a compromise that will hook good on the street and be acceptable at the drag strip? The first requires a dedicated drag tire made for the strip. The other is a compromise with tires such as the Nitto NT555rii.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
555Rii's for the win. My best 60' (20" rims) is a 1.7. Granted I have the 10r80 but a good tire is a must.

DR's totally cured my wheel hop. They were the first mod that really helped at the strip. MP4's about put me in a wall :O

OP
OP
Wamp

Wamp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
First, those Nitto NT555G2 are not a good tire for anything, other than non-aggressive street driving. Next, you have to pick your poison. Do you want something that will get you the best times on a drag strip or do you want a compromise that will hook good on the street and be acceptable at the drag strip? The first requires a dedicated drag tire made for the strip. The other is a compromise with tires such as the Nitto NT555rii.
Agreed. The 555GII does not grip well on the street or the track.

I’m not sure why the mustang community decided this was a good tire. Maybe it has something to do with all the YouTubers hyping it up.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Agreed. The 555GII does not grip well on the street or the track.

I’m not sure why the mustang community decided this was a good tire. Maybe it has something to do with all the YouTubers hyping it up.
I don't understand it either. And I see it with Nitto in general.