silentbob420bd

Silentbobftbd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Estevan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (pp)
I had my girlfriend take my car in to the dealer today to check on a pretty bad issue with my second gear. The dealer told her that they won't cover it under warranty because they say it's bad synchros from a quick drive. Does anybody know what I can do? The car only has about 15000 miles, should I be having issues already?:confused:
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Take it to a different dealer or call Ford directly. That should most definitely be covered under warranty.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Call Ford and escalate. That's why we have warranties. Especially on a stock car.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
There is no way to determine if a synchro issue is the result of a defect or abuse until the transmission is torn down for analysis. Typically, the dealer will have the customer sign a form that states that if the issue is warrantable it's covered, and if the issue is abuse/damage the customer is responsible for the labor to tear down the trans.

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
I was a dealership tech for 15 years many moons ago, albeit for a different brand. The basics stand true today as they did before. Be polite but forceful. Meet in person with the service manager, not just the writer. The service manager will try to avoid you, but don't let him/her. It can be comical the length they will go to to avoid a customer, like running out of their office when they see you coming!

Call, email, and send a registered letter to Ford to state your grievance, should it escalate.

And be persistent. There's nothing more a service manager dislikes than a persistent customer. Also reach out to the dealer principle.

Social media can help you with this, but don't wast too much time with it. It's the direct contact that will get results.

Know that a dealer's service department tries desperately to keep the cost per VIN low for warranty repairs. They are measured upon this metric by manufacturer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
silentbob420bd

silentbob420bd

Silentbobftbd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Estevan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (pp)
I'm taking it to a better dealer to see what happens. I'm also probably going to contact Ford if that doesn't work out. I also heard Deysha can pretty helpful with these kind of issues so I'm trying to get ahold of her as well.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I was a dealership tech for 15 years many moons ago, albeit for a different brand. The basics stand true today as they did before. Be polite but forceful. Meet in person with the service manager, not just the writer. The service manager will try to avoid you, but don't let him/her. It can be comical the length they will go to to avoid a customer, like running out of their office when they see you coming!

Call, email, and send a registered letter to Ford to state your grievance, should it escalate.

And be persistent. There's nothing more a service manager dislikes than a persistent customer. Also reach out to the dealer principle.

Social media can help you with this, but don't wast too much time with it. It's the direct contact that will get results.

Know that a dealer's service department tries desperately to keep the cost per VIN low for warranty repairs. They are measured upon this metric by manufacturer.

Awesome information!

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
They can't...and there's absolutely no way for them to tell how they were damaged until they take it apart.

Eff that dealer...take it somewhere else.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Dealer being asshole. Go to another one. They can't just deny it claiming you drove it hard. If that's the case there will be tons of Mustangs with bad syncros.
Sponsored