NoahsArk117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Hey Everyone,

Just completed my first spark plug change at 47,000 miles. Everything went smoothly and the car ran fine both before and after. Just wanted to get ahead with some preventative maintenance. I included some images below of the old plugs, was hoping someone could help me read these. I only use 93 octane fuel and have regular oil changes between 3k-4k miles. Not sure if these are normal for this many miles. I had a few misfires after a clutch job and they didn't relearn the crank position, but I got that fixed up pretty quick, other than that she runs great.
20210718_163305.jpg
20210718_163330.jpg
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
they look fine to me. not too dark, not too bright.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The fact they all look about the same, and none are soaked/black fouled or none are white/lean is a good sign that what you've done for 47k miles, repeat that and you'll be fine. Just hope you made sure to check the gap of each new plug and torque to spec. thats all I recommend during plugs

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hey Everyone,

Just completed my first spark plug change at 47,000 miles. Everything went smoothly and the car ran fine both before and after. Just wanted to get ahead with some preventative maintenance. I included some images below of the old plugs, was hoping someone could help me read these. I only use 93 octane fuel and have regular oil changes between 3k-4k miles. Not sure if these are normal for this many miles. I had a few misfires after a clutch job and they didn't relearn the crank position, but I got that fixed up pretty quick, other than that she runs great.
20210718_163305.jpg
20210718_163330.jpg
Welcome to them forum and good question to ask.

These (2) links will help you out and probably have more exacting info you’re seeking rather than us telling you if a plug as pictured is “good” or “bad”.

https://ngksparkplugs.com/en/resources/read-spark-plug

and

http://www.4secondsflat.com/Spark_plug_reading.html

Those 2 links are all you need for any future plug readings. Sometimes a plug can “look good”, but may not be as good as one thinks based on colors alone.