Help me decide on wheels

Abomination

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So The only thing I don't love about the bullitt is the wheel and tire size. I do like the look though. I'm looking at 20" wheels and want 275/305 at least, wouldn't mind 305/315 if I can make them fit. I like the flush look too. Either way these are the wheels I'm between.

The shelby CS11's. They are very similar to our bullitt wheels, they even have the line on the spokes. I've seen pictures of them in silver on some cars but not the stock black look.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/carroll...black-with-polished-lip-2005-2019/p/W1096K-B/

Second is the steeda mqueens in black when they come out

Third is these American Racing wheels
https://www.americanracing.com/prod...ibute_pa_finish=hot-rod-black-polished-barrel

So I like the CS11's, they seem like the no brainer, the mqueens are cool but I have to wait a month or two for black, and the torq thrusts are my favorite looking but they are expensive and I'm not sure about flat black.

Any opinions?
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I believe the Shelby wheels also come in charcoal grey. I think those may look pretty nice. Closer to the colour on the original car.....

OP
OP
Abomination

Abomination

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
They do, I really like the sleeper look though. I would really like to see them on a bullitt (especially in black), I have no ability to visualize lol

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So The only thing I don't love about the bullitt is the wheel and tire size. I do like the look though. I'm looking at 20" wheels and want 275/305 at least, wouldn't mind 305/315 if I can make them fit. I like the flush look too. Either way these are the wheels I'm between.

The shelby CS11's. They are very similar to our bullitt wheels, they even have the line on the spokes. I've seen pictures of them in silver on some cars but not the stock black look.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/carroll...black-with-polished-lip-2005-2019/p/W1096K-B/

Second is the steeda mqueens in black when they come out

Third is these American Racing wheels
https://www.americanracing.com/prod...ibute_pa_finish=hot-rod-black-polished-barrel

So I like the CS11's, they seem like the no brainer, the mqueens are cool but I have to wait a month or two for black, and the torq thrusts are my favorite looking but they are expensive and I'm not sure about flat black.

Any opinions?

Personal opinion only:

I think the AR rims look great. They’re different from the most common S550 wheels available.

I’m in a similar situation where I do like the “commons” that everyone on this site has on their S550 - but I don’t want to be a “sheeple” and follow the herd...

The wheel forum has a tons of great pics and different wheel combos - but most folks choose what CJ Pony, LMR or American Muscle has in their stock or catalogs. Then you have the few that go outside the box by going with some of the well known Wheel Vendors on here.

Me personally, I’m looking for the “retro” classic Muscle Car rim, but one that not everyone has (yet).

I look at it like this, if you enjoy the compliments about your ride or like going to car shows to hang out - would you rather see that one S550 with different rims or 100 of them with the same (or similar) rims?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Black rim opinion:

My 94 Cobra has the black retro Bullitt rims on it - center is gloss black finish with the brushed aluminum lips and barrels.

My prior 2016 EB w/PP had the solid gloss black rims.

My current 2018 EB w/PP has the solid satin or flat black rims.

With the gloss black rims:

1) The brake dust shows a lot (*on a vehicle that is daily driven 24/7/365).
2) If the black surface gets nicked or chipped by road debris (again when daily driven), those blems will show just as they would on the body panels of a solid black vehicle.

—

With the satin/flat black rims:

1) I can drive weeks or months at a time without ever cleaning the rims and even though coated in brake dust the rims actually still look good.

2) Road debris damage barely shows and if there are any minute chips from road debris is more subtle and hidden than the same on a gloss black surface.

—

Rims with polished or brushed Aluminum surfaces or barrels:
1) Always be sure to clean with appropriate wheel cleaner that will not corrode or destroy the protective coating on the brushed aluminum areas. The wheel cleaner has to be safe for all painted, cleared or bare surfaces. If the cleaner has any type of acid in it, it could etch the rim surface.

2) If you have to daily drive in an geographic location where road salt is used during winter months - ALWAYS rinse and wipe down the rims. Salt if left on for weeks at a time will corrode the aluminum areas - and if those areas did not have a good protective coating from the manufacturer OR if it has chipped - the salt will penetrate and WILL corrode the aluminum.

Sponsored

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
American Racing will custom paint the centers to whatever you want; this premium line is manufactured in the US. What's nice about the AR wheels is you can specify the offsets you want, allowing you to get the flush look you are looking for. I almost went with the AR 20" in custom color before ordering 19" Forgeline wheels. They're a great look and would be really tasty on a Bullitt.

AR may be expensive, but they're a lot less than the Forgeline!

hVN4257-1024x964.png

OP
OP
Abomination

Abomination

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
American Racing will custom paint the centers to whatever you want; this premium line is manufactured in the US. What's nice about the AR wheels is you can specify the offsets you want, allowing you to get the flush look you are looking for. I almost went with the AR 20" in custom color before ordering 19" Forgeline wheels. They're a great look and would be really tasty on a Bullitt.

AR may be expensive, but they're a lot less than the Forgeline!

hVN4257-1024x964.png
Wow, great info I didn't know that. Me getting custom with offsets is a good way for me to screw up the car.

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
Wow, great info I didn't know that. Me getting custom with offsets is a good way for me to screw up the car.
Find out what offsets the Shelby wheels are, and decide how much further you want to move the Shelby's outward. For example, if you want to move them 3/8" out, subtract 8mm from the Shelby's offsets. [35-8=27 ET] Be careful; wheel width and offsets are inter-related.

OP
OP
Abomination

Abomination

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The AR wheels are weird too. No 11" wide or 9.5" wide. Its go big or go home with them.

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
2 similar Forgeline 3 pc wheels; any width, offset and finish you can dream up. About 50% more $$ than the AR wheels.
JO3C-Sat-Graph-Brush-LGC-768x768.png

CR3SG-PNG-768x768.png

Sponsored

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
I'm also facing a similar decision and am leaning towards the CS-11s but in Gunmetal (grey). Here's a picture from the Shelby Wheels website:

Shelby CS-11 wheels Bullitt.jpg

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Personally I'm thinking of just waiting till someone makes a wider OEM style wheel. Or just running 4 rear wheels all the way around.
You and I need to purchase 2 sets of take-off wheels from Steeda; I'll take the 4 fronts (for winter tires) and you can have the 4 rears - and then we can sell our "used" sets :-) My current winter set is fugly >>

yuh6K0Gh.jpg

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
You and I need to purchase 2 sets of take-off wheels from Steeda; I'll take the 4 fronts (for winter tires) and you can have the 4 rears - and then we can sell our "used" sets :-) My current winter set is fugly >>

yuh6K0Gh.jpg
That's actually kinda a plan I have lol then I have matching winter and summer lol

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I can help :)

TJ
Sponsored