Sponsored

Help. Locked Only Key Fob in Trunk

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
While cramped, you need only reach the “abduction” handle and yank it to open the trunk lid and retrieve the keys.
Sponsored

rcengr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue EB Convertible, 2023 Colorado Z71
I recently had all the electrical to the trunk latch fail and the emergency key release would not turn.

I removed the seat back ( two 15mm bolts) and separated the plastic back from the emergency key release. Then I just stuck a screw driver in the slot of the back of the release and turned it to open the trunk.

FYI, the release cable is long enough that you can pull it under the seat and never worry about needing a key again.
20220714_114127.jpg

OP
OP
OneTwo

OneTwo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
OneTwo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I recently had all the electrical to the trunk latch fail and the emergency key release would not turn.

I removed the seat back ( two 15mm bolts) and separated the plastic back from the emergency key release. Then I just stuck a screw driver in the slot of the back of the release and turned it to open the trunk.

FYI, the release cable is long enough that you can pull it under the seat and never worry about needing a key again.
20220714_114127.jpg
Good stuff. Regarding the alarm. Assuming I can’t climb in and remove bench and screws and the rest without tripping it correct? And so should first unplug the car battery? And when doing that will popping the Hood trigger the alarm?

OP
OP
OneTwo

OneTwo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
OneTwo
Vehicle(s)
That is an option to think about. If you go that route it might be best to disconnect the battery. But I'd wear hearing protection. Trying to take off the negative terminal with the horn blaring in your face wouldn't be fun.

If you only had a the mechanical blade key you could use the trunk release switch next to the rear seat seat-back.
You’re saying that I’ll def trip the alarm once I pop the Hood to get to the battery, right?

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
Attached is the page from the owners manual.

Attachments

OP
OP
OneTwo

OneTwo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
OneTwo
Vehicle(s)
Much love to all who pitched in here. In the end found a great locksmith and now I’m all good.
Sponsored