Sponsored

HELP - I'm looking for previous owner of my car.

alpntrb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi there guys,
Long story short:
I've bought 2015 Ford Mustang GT in Magnetic with red interior. It's been crashed in US and exported to Poland where bodywork was already done and now I'm dealing with engine problem - NO OIL PRESSURE.
I assume it might be OPG problem but there are some mysterious things about this car when it came to Poland:
- missing crankshaft bolt (AFAIK there is no chance that it will unscrew itself - I'm an car mechanic and never saw anything like this)
- unscrewed alternator
- main power cable to fuel pump module was cut
- it's missing a lot of breather lines under hood
- missing whole exhaust system

Before I start opening engine I would like to try and find previous owner of car - maybe he could tell me whats the story with this car and save me some time.

Car looks like it was used for track racing/drag racing/drifting as it had rear bash bar installed and some OBD cable that goes to center vent (I think for some display of car parameters). It have different wheels on front and back (didnt checked manufacturer of the yet).
I think someone removed some parts from it.
I attach photos from auction (it's winter in Poland now and it's covered in snow badly) - maybe you have informations who owned it and how to reach him?
It was sold in NJ - TRENTON (as far as I remember)
VIN of car: 1FA6P8CF7F5361764

HOPE WITH YOUR HELP I CAN SOLVE SOME MYSTERIES BEHIND THIS CAR - I WANT TO BRING IT BACK TO LIFE :)

Thank you for your time and best regards!

3d86602663c14726b89fd78baccfebb3_ful.jpg
7015975d5241457da81f79f63b158252_ful.jpg
d314883b3aff497eb45ee8e32aa55dbb_ful.jpg
fe0377e9f06748d6bdc47a8ccc72bcab_ful.jpg
bbec4a90e2a24ea9a89bfc34f05d9d0c_ful.jpg
d02c04093dcf4aae87c4b2ecd442e79e_ful.jpg
96257abe77224a31a02e7467c11d2ec9_ful.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hi there guys,
Long story short:
I've bought 2015 Ford Mustang GT in Magnetic with red interior. It's been crashed in US and exported to Poland where bodywork was already done and now I'm dealing with engine problem - NO OIL PRESSURE.
I assume it might be OPG problem but there are some mysterious things about this car when it came to Poland:
- missing crankshaft bolt (AFAIK there is no chance that it will unscrew itself - I'm an car mechanic and never saw anything like this)
- unscrewed alternator
- main power cable to fuel pump module was cut
- it's missing a lot of breather lines under hood
- missing whole exhaust system

Before I start opening engine I would like to try and find previous owner of car - maybe he could tell me whats the story with this car and save me some time.

Car looks like it was used for track racing/drag racing/drifting as it had rear bash bar installed and some OBD cable that goes to center vent (I think for some display of car parameters). It have different wheels on front and back (didnt checked manufacturer of the yet).
I think someone removed some parts from it.
I attach photos from auction (it's winter in Poland now and it's covered in snow badly) - maybe you have informations who owned it and how to reach him?
It was sold in NJ - TRENTON (as far as I remember)
VIN of car: 1FA6P8CF7F5361764

HOPE WITH YOUR HELP I CAN SOLVE SOME MYSTERIES BEHIND THIS CAR - I WANT TO BRING IT BACK TO LIFE :)

Thank you for your time and best regards!

3d86602663c14726b89fd78baccfebb3_ful.jpg
7015975d5241457da81f79f63b158252_ful.jpg
d314883b3aff497eb45ee8e32aa55dbb_ful.jpg
fe0377e9f06748d6bdc47a8ccc72bcab_ful.jpg
bbec4a90e2a24ea9a89bfc34f05d9d0c_ful.jpg
d02c04093dcf4aae87c4b2ecd442e79e_ful.jpg
96257abe77224a31a02e7467c11d2ec9_ful.jpg
With a frontal hit like that at speed, there's most likely internal damages you're not seeing if you have not opened up that engine yet. Especially with a frontal impact as such - everything came to an instant stop the moment the front end structure was pushed back into the engine.

Have you removed the front cover yet to see the condition of the timing system or OPG? My guess is no based on your above post.

Its possible the OPG shattered.

If the crank bolt was missing it's possible the original owner had an under drive pulley set or different harmonic balancer on it and removed it before the Insurance Co. took possession. It would be strange if that was the scenario considering he would have to get past all the smashed bits just to retrieve such a part and put a stock unit back on.

The only other scenario I can think of If the bolt is gone is if someone took it out AFTER the wreck, maybe they were trying to hand crank the engine to see if it was seized and turned the wrong way (who knows)....

So the crank bolt did not shear off, no damaged threads and no remainder in the crank snout?

It also possible someone at the yard where it sat before auction was pulling parts from it.

What do you mean by the alternator is "unscrewed"? Maybe that was a typo?

OP
OP

alpntrb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Bout alternator - no typo. Unscrewed - it was holding in place just with bolt tightened few threads and no nut on stud.
About removing crank pulley on yard - radiators came close to engine (but didn't touched it I think) and it was impossible to do anything with it without removing broken front (it didn't looked like it was removed as everything was tightened).
Center bolt was only missing - no stripped thread, no broken nut...just like it was done on purpose.
Engine turns by hand normally - if it was sized then I would think that they could unbolt it by accident.
Everything looks suspisious to me and I'm just curious about what happened and what I can deal with now.
What I want to start with is to remove sump and take a look at bearings...Correct me if I'm wrong but I want to remove 7th and 8th to see if they gone bad and need to rebuild whole engine (or buy 2nd hand)...I think in case if OPG suffered any problems those bearings will get problems.
Regards

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Don't mess with taking the engine apart. Drain the oil and remove the oil filter and inspect for metal particles/shavings. Then go from there.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
someone may have done some part swapping ( especially the alternator evidence) and removal.

Sponsored

OP
OP

alpntrb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nothing in oil filter so far.
My thinking is this way - before getting to oil pump at first check last bearings (as they may have suffered damage) - and it's not a big job to do. If they are ok then I can get to pump and see if its broken (im 99,9% sure it is). Fix it (propably 2nd hand unit with billet inside) and put back everything together and start it...Coz even if I start from pump then I wont know if bearings didnt get any damage and it just will take my time and I finish with f*cked up engine anyway.

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
The cable coming from the vent is from a tuning device. They probably yanked it out before the insurance took it. If you are lucky they unmarried it before removing it. I'm also willing to bet that someone rat fucked parts off it while it was in the yard.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
drag racer with parachute, crashed it into a tree/pole, stripped it of supercharger and all "valuable" parts. IMO the frame is destroyed, the engine is only good for parts, and you have a nice set of red seats and internal bits I guess.

Last edited:

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Looks like even the rims got swapped out.

Is there any stray paperwork in the glove compartment? I found my prior guy (and his parole officer) that way.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Check oil pressure sending unit and wiring first. Either could have been damaged.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
After further research, here's your rear crash bar; you bought someone's Drift Car.

https://driftamerican.com/2015-2022-mustang-rear-bash-bar/

7EE8D465-6EA1-4658-94A0-3C12001C95CA.jpeg

I was going to say the weird aftermarket rims looked like "JDM" or "drift-like" rims, but wasn't so sure myself if that would be correct assumption...but after finding the rear crash bar... that assumption prob would have been correct... LOL

--

Hit up some Drifting forums, you may find the prior owners posts somewhere.

OP
OP

alpntrb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No paperwork.
I'm car mechanic with years of experience. First thing was checking pressure with gauge (tool) so dont see any point in checking wiring or sending unit.
On rear rims there is SHELBY casted. Not sure real or fake. Need to check this too.

Mustang5555

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
j
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang 3.7 auto
drag racer with parachute, crashed it into a tree/pole, stripped it of supercharger and all "valuable" parts. IMO the frame is destroyed, the engine is only good for parts, and you have a nice set of red seats and internal bits I guess.
have you ever repaired a damaged front end before? and how is the engine only good for parts? youre a funny guy

elcamino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Did it have sat nav? Check to see if they left their home address in it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
have you ever repaired a damaged front end before? and how is the engine only good for parts? youre a funny guy
A supercharged drift car would have been thrashed to within an inch of it's life. It went headfirst into an immovable object. Engine and trans mounts not sheered off or cracked?

I hope this heap of junk was free.
Sponsored