Help choosing new tires please.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
'18 EcoBoost convertible, 18" factory wheels.
It's a DD, 25k+/year, 80% highway in Atlanta plus 6 to 8 150 - 600 mile trips a year.
Looking at all season tires with a bit if emphasis on long tread life.
It's currently on the factory PZero and they have been ok but really want something with a little more life.
Looking at the Cont DWS or the Michelin PS AS3 but would be nice to find comparable for a little less money.
Any other suggestions?
Sponsored

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Tires are a product of compromise, so choosing between mileage or performance is going to play a factor in your situation, especially since you are well above the average mark for miles per year. Both the DWS06 or the Michelin AS3 would be solid choices. Also depending on your driving habits, if you wanted to take a look at the Continental Pure Contact it should last a bit longer however likely wouldn't as handle as well as the others.

OP
OP
ORRadtech

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your reply.
As it happens, I've got my local Discount Tire store pulled up checking prices now...

Researching tires today I ran across a Consumer Reports from late last year that gives their results on UHP a/s tires and I'm currently considering the General G-Max AS 05 tires. They tied for second place with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S and Vredestein Quatrac Pro. The DWS and PZeros were tied in 3rd with a couple of others.
Here's a link to the report I read
https://www.moderntiredealer.com/news/735908/consumer-reports-ranks-the-best-uhp-all-season-tires.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm considering the AS-05 as well, but I have read a number of customer reviews that complained about a tendency to "flat spot" overnight, causing a vibration when you start driving the next day.

The BFG Comp 2 A/S gets solid reviews, but people often complain that it's a loud tire, especially after some wear.

Sponsored

boostmark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS2, 2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 1998 E150
I was looking at the Nitto NT555 G2 `s for a 15 gt that sits all winter long and also when it rains. Any one out there with these? Just trying to keep traction in warm weather. I also have 9.5 / 20 inch rims so i`m thinking 285/35/20 rear.
The price is a lot better on these.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's a DD, 25k+/year, 80% highway in Atlanta plus 6 to 8 150 - 600 mile trips a year.
There is nothing wrong with the General or BF Goodrich. That said at 25k a year go with the best, the Michelin AS3+. I had them on my 15’ EB. 75 miles a day five days a week in New Jersey. Best tire I’ve ever owned.

OP
OP
ORRadtech

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
There is nothing wrong with the General or BF Goodrich. That said at 25k a year go with the best, the Michelin AS3+. I had them on my 15’ EB. 75 miles a day five days a week in New Jersey. Best tire I’ve ever owned.
Thanks for the recommendation. How many miles did they last for you? They have a 45k tread life rating, did you get that?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks for the recommendation. How many miles did they last for you? They have a 45k tread life rating, did you get that?
I only had them on the car for about 10k (mostly highway) before trading it in. I think I lost a 1/32 or so at that point. They wear like iron. They are also comfortable and fairly quiet for an UHP tire. Great in heavy rain and light snow as well.
Sponsored