Need help with choosing rims and tires

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I really want the race star recluse rims. My car spins horrible right now and I am wanting to hopefully help that. So I was thinking 17x10.5 in back, but not sure on a good tire size and what tires hook up well. Car has 19s with 255 nitto 555g2. It will spin anywhere in first or second gear with full throttle and sometimes a touch in 3rd. Them for the front looking like either an 18 x 8.5 or a 17 x7 which seems really narrow and wondering what a good tire up front would be. I feel like the g2 would be fine in front, just out back I think I'm needing a drag radial of sorts. I also have a handful of suspension stuff coming to help as well.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is your car boosted? If not, your problem is crappy tires, not size.

OP
OP

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No boost, full bolt on cobra jet and tires are nitto 255 wide 555g2, which I thought were ok. I have cams that I need to put in, just haven't gotten around to it. Still want to get the recluse rims with a wide tire in the rear for looks, and one of these days it will see boost. I have seen some Toyo tires that look nice, and given my current situation I'm kinda nervous about ordering any more nitto tires.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No boost, full bolt on cobra jet and tires are nitto 255 wide 555g2, which I thought were ok. I have cams that I need to put in, just haven't gotten around to it. Still want to get the recluse rims with a wide tire in the rear for looks, and one of these days it will see boost. I have seen some Toyo tires that look nice, and given my current situation I'm kinda nervous about ordering any more nitto tires.
They're average for a street tire. 305/45R17 MT Street SS hold 600 whp with 3.73s, but you can get the car to hook up on a 19" street tire too. Something like Michelin PSS/PS4S or Conti ECS works well.

OP
OP

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I may go the Mt route in the rear. I know I'm only going to be around 500 maybe 520 after the cams, I just would love it if I didn't spin much. Right now the car pulls harder in 3rd due to spinning in 1st and 2nd. A set of ported heads are being thought about, and I would imagine that would put me alot closer to the 600 mark.
Sponsored