Sponsored

Hello, 1st post and few Qs if you please?

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
Not been on here for a while, so I apologise for the late reply. I moved from a GT86 Aero to 5.0 GT. Much like the Cayman you can’t really compare them, on your favourite back road the Mustang would have no chance against a much lighter and nimbler car. On a straight road that tables turned vey quickly in the Mustang’s favour. My main reason for picking the Mustang was easy access and a more comfortable car , my ageing body with back issues was struggling with a low sports car.
As for fuel consumption round the doors 22 - 23 on the NC500 25 - 26, I’m not overly bothered about it as it’s not my daily driver. Love every time I turn the key, it’s an event for sure. Now in the process of planning a trip to the Picos Mountains in Northern Spain for next spring...can’t wait.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Scylla

Scylla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just had my test drive.

Most stimulating.

MrHanky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
S550
Just had my test drive.

Most stimulating.

Cool. Manual or Auto? My first test drive they only had an auto. It was nice but not my thing really. Then a year later when I was looking again they had a manual and that had me completely.
Is great in stock form apart from being too quiet and having rubbish tryes in the wet.

Mark

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scylla

Scylla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Right then.

I’ve left a refundable deposit on a 2019 spec GT manual in Magnetic with custom pack. It happened to be in stock. Awesome automobile.

I now have to sort a few things, but all being well, I hope to take delivery in a couple of weeks.

Happy days.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Many congrats Damian...great choice with Magnetic! A nice change from the Cayman colour, very low key but very elegant and looks superb in the sun!

Look forward to the collection pics :)

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
they can now deliver them in about 2 weeks? wow they've either massively over estimated demand and they now have them sat around waiting or you've timed that just right with a new batch coming over.
gone are the 12 months waits some of us had :(

OP
OP
Scylla

Scylla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hinch, the car is in stock. Someone else was buying it but failed on finance. I just happened to love the colour/spec. Right place, right time.

They said I’d have to wait 9-10 months if I wanted to spec one from the factory.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Right then.

I’ve left a refundable deposit on a 2019 spec GT manual in Magnetic with custom pack. It happened to be in stock. Awesome automobile.

I now have to sort a few things, but all being well, I hope to take delivery in a couple of weeks.

Happy days.
Good choice of spec, assuming you've got the black wheels (the custom pack has different options on 18+). I think the Magnetic looks best on the 18+ models, the bolder colours look better on the 15-17. Although if it was me, I'd want from the factory, wouldn't want one that's been sitting around.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Hinch, the car is in stock. Someone else was buying it but failed on finance. I just happened to love the colour/spec. Right place, right time.

They said I’d have to wait 9-10 months if I wanted to spec one from the factory.
nicely timed then

OP
OP
Scylla

Scylla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I meant of course 2018, not 2019.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have only ever run shell v-power only and in the 8000 since new the trip computer says average 22mpg. Thats a mix of long motorway work and driving to work on B roads and A roads. I like a bit of sideways when safe to do so, hence its not being babied everywhere, and on the motorway I cruise at approx 80 units of pace usually.
On the motorway it will average 27mpg.
Mine also runs a custom tune an gt350 inlet manifold for the past 2500 miles and its made zero change to the MPG despite the theorhetical additional air flow.

Ive had sports cars in the past and the mustang is not one of them. Its a great GT. best treat is as so.

A few simple mods such as slight lowering, good rubber, and rear sub frame braces make a world of difference without ruining the GT character. The quality is a major step down, and constantly annoying to me, but every time you step on it, hear the roar and light up the tyres you forget about it.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible

I think there's a bit of artistic license in the 9-10 month wait. Other dealers are quoting 5-6 months, so they may be stretching it a bit to make a stock vehicle seem more attractive!

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
So 800 plus miles in a little over 2 weeks and took a look at the average mileage per gallon mixed driving, motorway, school runs etc 23.4 not too shabby and it’s all been on 99 Ron.
08E0B660-BF16-4324-9B8D-2F7B13CF0F97.jpeg
Sponsored