Sponsored

Hello, 1st post and few Qs if you please?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
you must be new here....
OK OK - they guy is comparing a Mustang to a Cayman. You can modify a Mustang as much as you like but it will always be playing catchup to a Cayman. It is starting from a different place. My point is if you are after a GT car the Mustang is fine off the shelf purchase - but not if you want a direct replacement for a Cayman.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OK OK - they guy is comparing a Mustang to a Cayman. You can modify a Mustang as much as you like but it will always be playing catchup to a Cayman. It is starting from a different place. My point is if you are after a GT car the Mustang is fine off the shelf purchase - but not if you want a direct replacement for a Cayman.
Depends what uwant really, the Mustang regardless on platform, requires a few things to get it "Up to scratch" tyres, exhaust being two of the main ones. Now unless u got a MY18 which auto fixes these....

Regardless, it was a bit of a joke as everyone here mods theirs.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
OK OK - they guy is comparing a Mustang to a Cayman. You can modify a Mustang as much as you like but it will always be playing catchup to a Cayman..
Ermm, not in a straight line it wouldn't. We're talking about a Cayman here and not a 911.

OP
OP
Scylla

Scylla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I had an unexpected passenger ride in a GT today; a friend of a colleague moment.

Two things: it made me crave the cabin quality, LGB precision and prestige of my car, but the noise of the engine and exhaust of the Mustang made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

Looking forward to my test drive on Wednesday, but I know this is going to be a very tough call.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I had an unexpected passenger ride in a GT today; a friend of a colleague moment.

Two things: it made me crave the cabin quality, LGB precision and prestige of my car, but the noise of the engine and exhaust of the Mustang made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

Looking forward to my test drive on Wednesday, but I know this is going to be a very tough call.
if you like being the village yob the mustang will suit you down to the ground if you like knowing everything is in its right place etc then stick with the porker

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scylla

Scylla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Good analogy. I think I’d like to be the village yob, but would only ever be a pretender

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
the mustang is loud brash and awesome fun its unpredictable and likes to go sidewise.
euro sports car (i'll just say sports car as they're all considerably better than the mustang) are all engineering brilliance they'll do exactly what you want when you want etc point squirt and it'll go just fine its predictable and will do and more often than not will be described as boring (especially a porsche).

they're 2 entirely different beasts entirely decides what you like. I like being the yob so mustang suits me having said that i've also now got a mclaren on order so \o/ like a bit of euro polish too i guess (just not a german piece :) )

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
I went from Lotus Elise to Mustang - decided to keep the Lotus for now - both are fun in different ways.

Which Mclaren do you have on order hinch?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I went from Lotus Elise to Mustang - decided to keep the Lotus for now - both are fun in different ways.

600LT

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony

Yep I had a late 90s S Reg Elise ... ÂŁ25k back then and really basic but great fun and handling, expensive though...remember paying a grand for a service and a few parts

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
wow - - - as well as - or instead of?

When?

track?

Bob
as well as (you've not seen my drive have you :) ), new reg in april hopefully depends on mso, track is donnington :)

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
the mustang is loud brash and awesome fun its unpredictable and likes to go sidewise.
euro sports car (i'll just say sports car as they're all considerably better than the mustang) are all engineering brilliance they'll do exactly what you want when you want etc point squirt and it'll go just fine its predictable and will do and more often than not will be described as boring (especially a porsche).

they're 2 entirely different beasts entirely decides what you like. I like being the yob so mustang suits me having said that i've also now got a mclaren on order so \o/ like a bit of euro polish too i guess (just not a german piece :) )
Wow !!

Key specs
  • Model: McLaren 600LT
  • Price: ÂŁ185,500
  • Engine: 3.8-litre V8 turbo
  • Power/torque: 592bhp/620Nm
  • Transmission: Seven-speed auto, rear-wheel drive
  • 0-62mph: 2.9 seconds
  • Top speed: 204mph
  • Economy/CO2: 24.1mpg/276g/km
  • On sale: Now
Mustang handling is very wayward. There's stuff you can do to tie it down. But I'm a great fan of the way you could "theoretically" :) hang the ass out and smoke the tyres just like in the 70's movies..

When we move home and I get my man cave/workshop which is imminent I don't think they'll be much cash left to fill it with the car collection I'd want. But I could get 3-4 muscle cars for the price of a McLaren. For me it's about fun not just capability and my first port of call with a lottery win would be: http://pttmgarage.com/

So if you have a Porsche and like to accurately and clinically negotiate corners at speed stick with the Porsche. If you want to hoon about sideways even with the nannies on buy a Mustang. If you have a great amount of spare cash buy loads of Mustangs/Camaros/GTO's/TransAm's or a just a McLaren :)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Ermm, not in a straight line it wouldn't. We're talking about a Cayman here and not a 911.
But most roads and tracks do have corners. 981 Cayman S is quicker in a straight line - the 718 Cayman even quicker still. Evora was my other comparison which would also leave a Mustang for dead on the road, even though straight line performance is similar.

As Avdb says they are completely different types of car aiming at different audiences

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways